The BlueSkiesBurn Appreciation Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The BlueSkiesBurn Appreciation Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
emfleek
10/1/12 9:33:21AM
USC SUCKS. SEC > PAC-12

(if that doesn't get him to come back, nothing will)
emfleek
10/1/12 9:38:12AM
...and Josh really is a good dude. Just passionate about his beliefs/interests. He's like Notre Dame football in the sense that there really is no middle ground; you either like him or you don't. Either way, he's good for the sport even though shamrocks are gay.
ghandikush
10/1/12 10:28:13AM

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by Poor_Franklin

My favorite trolls on this site are the ones who don't know they're trolls.

Making threads calling out other members = TROLL
Posting in threads just to be an asshole to a member on the site = TROLL
Saying stupid/assholish comments just to get a rise out of people = TROLL
Taking up for trolls in threads, not bc you like them or agree with them, but just so you can take out your personal vendetta against others on the site = TROLL

What about making a list of what you think qualifies as a "TROLL"?

Trolls cant be unintentional for the most part, and are simply derogatory personalisms that can be used without recourse.

Stupid posters do not equal trolls. Pretty much the only troll on here is C_S.

You all can give Smasher all the hate in the world because he has a pseudo gangster avatar and feels the need to type slang for some god awful reason..... But dude is not a troll, just unpopular, has strong views, and cant phrase his shit the right way.

Apparently you have to always agree, disagree politely, and overall give handjobs for about a year till you become one of the pack, then you can post similarly exaggerated shit to what smasher does and not catch flack from anyone. Ive seen you all gangflame posters constantly if they have no reputation and bring an unpopular point to the table.

The only difference between these people is theyre less refined than BSB so lets get some respect all around and stop calling posters trolls just because they are unpopular. It's like fucking highschool.
Theoutlaw08
10/1/12 10:31:56AM
I was a fan of him, he was entertaining. I hope he comes back.
emfleek
10/1/12 10:41:50AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by Poor_Franklin

My favorite trolls on this site are the ones who don't know they're trolls.

Making threads calling out other members = TROLL
Posting in threads just to be an asshole to a member on the site = TROLL
Saying stupid/assholish comments just to get a rise out of people = TROLL
Taking up for trolls in threads, not bc you like them or agree with them, but just so you can take out your personal vendetta against others on the site = TROLL

Trolls cant be unintentional for the most part, and are simply derogatory personalisms that can be used without recourse.

You all can give Smasher all the hate in the world because he has a pseudo gangster avatar and feels the need to type slang for some god awful reason..... But dude is not a troll, just unpopular, has strong views, and cant phrase his shit the right way.

Apparently you have to always agree, disagree politely, and overall give handjobs for about a year till you become one of the pack, then you can post similarly exaggerated shit to what smasher does and not catch flack from anyone. Ive seen you all gangflame posters constantly if they have no reputation and bring an unpopular point to the table.

The only difference between these people is theyre less refined than BSB so lets get some respect all around and stop calling posters trolls just because they are unpopular. It's like fucking highschool.

+10000000
Poor_Franklin
10/1/12 11:22:43AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

If me making a list of certain commonly known troll characteristics without calling out anyone in particular makes you call me a troll, that is fine. You know why? Bc I don't care. I don't know you. I have no attachment to your opinion or give 2 fucks how you feel about me. When I close my laptop, I go back to my real life & deal with real trolls that actually have an affect on my everyday life.

As for Shawn, I'm really glad you are taking up for Vikingr & Kingsmasher, especially if you feel they are mistreated. That means you have obviously turned nice after repeatedly bashing & trashing KFM. Good for you buddy! I am very proud of you & it goes to show you really can be a nice guy after all.

Uhh you do know that KFM was the only one to take it to a personal level countless times, was the one who got banned and warned as well. He gave it just as well. Just saying

very aware he gave it.

did KFM start it with you? maybe. i dont know & never cared enough to find out. But since we're talking about maybes, maybe kingsmasher or vikingr (only named bc you mentioned them earlier) started shit with other posters on the site. maybe they sent a rude PM no one knows about. Maybe they took it to a personal level by calling them an idiot in multiple threads & they got sick of it & the others felt the need to retaliate, something you would do on occasion w/ kfm.

The whole "He started it" argument on here is ridiculous. How is what you did w/ KFM & what these guys are doing w/ kingsmasher any different? I don't know, but it doesnt seem to matter now bc you are on the other side of the fence taking up for those guys, which I said I was happy about.

I love this site & get so sick of seeing posts & threads made with no intent other than being mean. Just saying.
cowcatcher
10/1/12 12:07:13PM

Posted by ghandikush

While I agree with some of the stuff you've said here, I don't think you're correct in assuming that you have to kiss ass around here and be around for a year to become one of the pack. If someone new comes to the site and they are seemingly intelligent, levelheaded and have a good sense of humor they tend to gain the respect of the other members almost instantly. The people that don't are the folks that bitch and moan, say that fighter A would definitely kick fighter B's ass, or go against the grain just for the sake if being argumentative. Those kind of people not only don't do well on the forums, but they aren't the kind of people most people want to hang out with in their real lives. This isn't an "Old Boys' Club", but a lot of us have known each other for a few years at least on here and that's kind of how life works, if you know someone a while you tend to give them more slack when they say something ridiculous than a person you just met. I don't see this as a super cliquey place, just one where old "friendships" have been established and new members are sometimes scrutinized for thinking this is a forum like Sherdog or almost any other place on the net and posting things that are regularly said in those places that don't fly here. Just my .02.
Shawn91111
10/1/12 12:38:07PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

If me making a list of certain commonly known troll characteristics without calling out anyone in particular makes you call me a troll, that is fine. You know why? Bc I don't care. I don't know you. I have no attachment to your opinion or give 2 fucks how you feel about me. When I close my laptop, I go back to my real life & deal with real trolls that actually have an affect on my everyday life.

As for Shawn, I'm really glad you are taking up for Vikingr & Kingsmasher, especially if you feel they are mistreated. That means you have obviously turned nice after repeatedly bashing & trashing KFM. Good for you buddy! I am very proud of you & it goes to show you really can be a nice guy after all.

Uhh you do know that KFM was the only one to take it to a personal level countless times, was the one who got banned and warned as well. He gave it just as well. Just saying

very aware he gave it.

did KFM start it with you? maybe. i dont know & never cared enough to find out. But since we're talking about maybes, maybe kingsmasher or vikingr (only named bc you mentioned them earlier) started shit with other posters on the site. maybe they sent a rude PM no one knows about. Maybe they took it to a personal level by calling them an idiot in multiple threads & they got sick of it & the others felt the need to retaliate, something you would do on occasion w/ kfm.

The whole "He started it" argument on here is ridiculous. How is what you did w/ KFM & what these guys are doing w/ kingsmasher any different? I don't know, but it doesnt seem to matter now bc you are on the other side of the fence taking up for those guys, which I said I was happy about.

I love this site & get so sick of seeing posts & threads made with no intent other than being mean. Just saying.

I didnt see you in the call out threads that C_S did to Kingsmasher or Viking. Just saying
Poor_Franklin
10/1/12 12:43:55PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

very aware he gave it.

I didnt see you in the call out threads that C_S did to Kingsmasher or Viking. Just saying

Me & Jesus have 2 things in common:
1. You may not see me, but I'm always there
2. Sweet beards

ghandikush
10/1/12 2:11:15PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

very aware he gave it.

2. Sweet beards

^^^ truth
Cooler
10/1/12 3:29:27PM
Blueskisburn: "I have a degree in Sociology, everything you have to say is irrelevant compared to what I say"
Cooler
10/1/12 3:30:37PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

very aware he gave it.

2. Sweet beards

And Santa has those same two things in common
BlueSkiesBurn
10/1/12 3:40:49PM
First, I appreciate the honesty from individuals as much as I appreciate the kind words. It was never my intention to make anyone on these forums feel dumb. As Fleek stated, I am a very passionate person about things and I do have a different lease on life than other people.

For whatever it's worth, I am not the entitled frat boy that some people believe. I did grow up in Orange County, but my mother gave me up at a very early age and I spent of time in the foster care system and in out-of-state group homes. I spent the majority of my adult life making mistake after mistake and didn't really get a handle on my life until my late 20's. Having the key thrown away on you as a kid messed with my head a little and lead to some poor life choices.

I've argued with people as far back as I can remember and I will be the first to admit that I make it very difficult to get a word in edge-wise. It's something I have actively been working on as a man, later in life. Additionally, as far back as I can remember, my arguments have always been over sports. I won't even pretend that I allow people to get many thoughts in during a sporting argument. Again, it's something I have been addressing in my personal life.

As for Kingsmasher & VikingR, I don't even know enough those guys to care one way or the next. Admittedly, you're the only person who gets under my skin, Shawn. For whatever reason, you and I do not get along. You can sit here and say that you don't care one way or the next, but you care enough to poke at me and I care enough to respond to you. Personally, I think it's because we are more similar than either of us would like to admit. We just go about it in different ways.

The reason I left was simple: It wasn't fun to be on the site anymore.

I'm not pointing fingers or absolving myself of anything by saying that, it's just the reality. The specifics don't matter as much as the fact that my being on the site was more problematic than beneficial. That goes both ways.

I didn't really want to be on here anymore and I am perfectly aware that many people were happy to see me go. The separation was mutually beneficial for myself and the members of the Playground.

I wanted to do what was in the best interest of the Playground. Which, really, is all I care about. For all my faults, I really have tried to make this a more enjoyable place for people. I have tried to bring different things to the Playground and give people more interactive ways of enjoying MMA. Honestly, I did it for you guys.

Doing the podcast was an absolute chore. Gartface and Fleek will tell you the same thing. I won't lie and say that I didn't have a fantastic time, but it was by no means an easy thing to do on a weekly basis. I just wanted to give back to the Playground for all that I had gotten out of it.

I have made some very real friendships on this site. People that I text, call, and chat with on a regular basis. As for the clickish thing, I wanted everyone to get the same thing out of the Playground. So, if you are sitting there thinking that I don't WANT to get along with you because you're not part of the "in-crowd," that's not the case.

I'd rather have more solid friendships than less. I enjoy having friends all over the globe because it gives you reasons to go places and new things to experience. I can honestly say that I would rather have more people posting than less.

For whatever it's worth, I apologize to those I offended. This site is meant to serve as a community and if I ever made anyone feel like they weren't part of that community, I am sorry.

Take 'er easy.

cowcatcher
10/1/12 3:46:16PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

First, I appreciate the honesty from individuals as much as I appreciate the kind words. It was never my intention to make anyone on these forums feel dumb. As Fleek stated, I am a very passionate person about things and I do have a different lease on life than other people.

For whatever it's worth, I am not the entitled frat boy that some people believe. I did grow up in Orange County, but my mother gave me up at a very early age and I spent of time in the foster care system and in out-of-state group homes. I spent the majority of my adult life making mistake after mistake and didn't really get a handle on my life until my late 20's. Having the key thrown away on you as a kid messed with my head a little and lead to some poor life choices.

I've argued with people as far back as I can remember and I will be the first to admit that I make it very difficult to get a word in edge-wise. It's something I have actively been working on as a man, later in life. Additionally, as far back as I can remember, my arguments have always been over sports. I won't even pretend that I allow people to get many thoughts in during a sporting argument. Again, it's something I have been addressing in my personal life.

As for Kingsmasher & VikingR, I don't even know enough those guys to care one way or the next. Admittedly, you're the only person who gets under my skin, Shawn. For whatever reason, you and I do not get along. You can sit here and say that you don't care one way or the next, but you care enough to poke at me and I care enough to respond to you. Personally, I think it's because we are more similar than either of us would like to admit. We just go about it in different ways.

I'm not pointing fingers or absolving myself of anything by saying that, it's just the reality. The specifics don't matter as much as the fact that my being on the site was more problematic than beneficial. That goes both ways.

I didn't really want to be on here anymore and I am perfectly aware that many people were happy to see me go. The separation was mutually beneficial for myself and the members of the Playground.

I wanted to do what was in the best interest of the Playground. Which, really, is all I care about. For all my faults, I really have tried to make this a more enjoyable place for people. I have tried to bring different things to the Playground and give people more interactive ways of enjoying MMA. Honestly, I did it for you guys.

Doing the podcast was an absolute chore. Gartface and Fleek will tell you the same thing. I won't lie and say that I didn't have a fantastic time, but it was by no means an easy thing to do on a weekly basis. I just wanted to give back to the Playground for all that I had gotten out of it.

I have made some very real friendships on this site. People that I text, call, and chat with on a regular basis. As for the clickish thing, I wanted everyone to get the same thing out of the Playground. So, if you are sitting there thinking that I don't WANT to get along with you because you're not part of the "in-crowd," that's not the case.

I'd rather have more solid friendships than less. I enjoy having friends all over the globe because it gives you reasons to go places and new things to experience. I can honestly say that I would rather have more people posting than less.

For whatever it's worth, I apologize to those I offended. This site is meant to serve as a community and if I ever made anyone feel like they weren't part of that community, I am sorry.

Take 'er easy.

Shawn91111
10/1/12 4:00:47PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Take 'er easy.

Probably right, but would never want anyone to leave the playground.
Bubbles
10/1/12 4:16:30PM
Let's prop him until he hits 666 and leave it there to signify he is the devil who left us

That's unfortunate to hear Josh, but I wish you the best. I do hope you come back in some capacity later on, but do what you need to do to enjoy life.
Poor_Franklin
10/1/12 4:26:06PM
i always figured BSB left bc he graduated. take care dude! I still follow you on the twitter, so I know i'll see you around on the interwebs!
BlueSkiesBurn
10/1/12 4:42:35PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I'm not even sure when or how it began with the two of us, but I didn't help the situation and didn't endear myself to anyone with the way I carried on. It made it unpleasant for a lot of people and they let me know it. Some via PM, some on the threads.

That, in turn, led to additional conflicts. Over time, everything began to build up and it really started to play out in the high-school fashion that so many people have already mentioned. You'd see a number of posters "taking my side" & other posters "taking the other side."

I could really start to see that the whole of the Playground was getting more and more feisty. People began taking shots at other people and starting threads about them. Looking back, I wish I had noticed myself perpetuating those behaviors on the Playground and tried to correct it back then. Instead, I fed into it just like the others.

All that did was annoy people more and make the situation worse. Which made me feel worse since my initial goal was to get the Playground booming again. When I started the Podcast with for the PG, I wanted to take it out of the funk it had been in.

This place used to have 3 pages per thread. It's picked up again, but there was a while when we were lucky if 3 out of every 10 threads had more than 1-2 pages. I hated seeing the Playground die. It felt like every day was going to be the day that we were told that the site was shutting down.

The goal was to rebuild the site, with fewer problems, more options, and better discussions. Many times, I would disagree with people purely for the sake of keeping a discussion going. They always seemed to die. When I began disagreeing with people, we had more posters and more to work with on the PG.

I tried to bring over members from other sites and encourage members who had been there since the beginning, but never posted, to begin posting and getting their thoughts out there. I was trying to get the site back to a point where the members were supporting it again.

I got extremely carried away at times and lost sight of what was important. It began to frustrate me as I tried to fix things and people weren't responsive. Of course, I never considered that they didn't have to be responsive, that was their right. So, naturally, I figured if they weren't going to try, then I wasn't either.

That's what got us to where it's at now and that's why I chose to leave. It wasn't "you," Shawn. I'm not saying you thought it was, but I just wanted to clear that up in case it seemed unclear. I honestly figured most people were thinking like I was at that point. Every time I got a notification of a response to a thread in which I had posted, I thought to myself, "here we go."

I am 100% certain that you and several other people had gotten to that point with notifications that I had replied to one of your threads. It was at the point where I was rolling my eyes and sighing before clicking. That's not fun and I know it wasn't fun for you guys either. And it got to the point where I decided that it was more work than it was worth.

I'd rather leave than continue to upset people, deal with debates, respond to posts, and try to avoid taking everything so damn seriously. I know that you support the Playground and wouldn't ever want anyone to leave, Shawn. I know enough about you to know that you are very pro-PG. So, I don't doubt a word you've said about not wanting members to leave.

It was a "me" thing. I needed to take a step back and realize how I was helping to create the situation around me. Ask myself what had I really done to avoid those things on the Playground. When the answer became clear that I wasn't doing a damn thing to avoid it, I decided a change had to be made.

So, I left. Rather than make a production about it, I said I was going to leave and just quietly went away. I figured that there had been enough bullshit to supply an entire season of MTV programming at that point. I wanted to do something to help the situation for a change.

That's really why I departed.

Cooler
10/1/12 4:47:07PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

I'm not even sure when or how it began with the two of us, but I didn't help the situation and didn't endear myself to anyone with the way I carried on. It made it unpleasant for a lot of people and they let me know it. Some via PM, some on the threads.

That, in turn, led to additional conflicts. Over time, everything began to build up and it really started to play out in the high-school fashion that so many people have already mentioned. You'd see a number of posters "taking my side" & other posters "taking the other side."

I could really start to see that the whole of the Playground was getting more and more feisty. People began taking shots at other people and starting threads about them. Looking back, I wish I had noticed myself perpetuating those behaviors on the Playground and tried to correct it back then. Instead, I fed into it just like the others.

All that did was annoy people more and make the situation worse. Which made me feel worse since my initial goal was to get the Playground booming again. When I started the Podcast with for the PG, I wanted to take it out of the funk it had been in.

This place used to have 3 pages per thread. It's picked up again, but there was a while when we were lucky if 3 out of every 10 threads had more than 1-2 pages. I hated seeing the Playground die. It felt like every day was going to be the day that we were told that the site was shutting down.

The goal was to rebuild the site, with fewer problems, more options, and better discussions. Many times, I would disagree with people purely for the sake of keeping a discussion going. They always seemed to die. When I began disagreeing with people, we had more posters and more to work with on the PG.

I tried to bring over members from other sites and encourage members who had been there since the beginning, but never posted, to begin posting and getting their thoughts out there. I was trying to get the site back to a point where the members were supporting it again.

I got extremely carried away at times and lost sight of what was important. It began to frustrate me as I tried to fix things and people weren't responsive. Of course, I never considered that they didn't have to be responsive, that was their right. So, naturally, I figured if they weren't going to try, then I wasn't either.

That's what got us to where it's at now and that's why I chose to leave. It wasn't "you," Shawn. I'm not saying you thought it was, but I just wanted to clear that up in case it seemed unclear. I honestly figured most people were thinking like I was at that point. Every time I got a notification of a response to a thread in which I had posted, I thought to myself, "here we go."

I am 100% certain that you and several other people had gotten to that point with notifications that I had replied to one of your threads. It was at the point where I was rolling my eyes and sighing before clicking. That's not fun and I know it wasn't fun for you guys either. And it got to the point where I decided that it was more work than it was worth.

I'd rather leave than continue to upset people, deal with debates, respond to posts, and try to avoid taking everything so damn seriously. I know that you support the Playground and wouldn't ever want anyone to leave, Shawn. I know enough about you to know that you are very pro-PG. So, I don't doubt a word you've said about not wanting members to leave.

It was a "me" thing. I needed to take a step back and realize how I was helping to create the situation around me. Ask myself what had I really done to avoid those things on the Playground. When the answer became clear that I wasn't doing a damn thing to avoid it, I decided a change had to be made.

So, I left. Rather than make a production about it, I said I was going to leave and just quietly went away. I figured that there had been enough bullshit to supply an entire season of MTV programming at that point. I wanted to do something to help the situation for a change.

That's really why I departed.

MMAcca
10/1/12 4:49:53PM
= This thread.

Here's me thinking this forum was frequented by adults.

Go outside people. There's a whole world out there and it's real......
airkerma
10/1/12 4:51:42PM
Cooler, FFS, this has zero to do with you, and yes it is an open forum, but seriously, why? Truly there is no better example of trolling...
ghandikush
10/1/12 5:05:37PM

Posted by airkerma

Cooler, FFS, this has zero to do with you, and yes it is an open forum, but seriously, why? Truly there is no better example of trolling...

Because he made a hilarious post responding to a dramatic word wall completely devoid of paragraphing? This butthurt shit is whats making everyone cry.

Relax and enjoy motherfuckers.

george112
10/1/12 5:17:14PM
I could tell 2 pages ago this thread would get out of hand.

Frankly im tired of looking at it.

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die
prophecy033
10/1/12 5:19:39PM

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

We all need to go get shit faced and take an undesirable home
Budgellism
10/1/12 5:24:53PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

ghandikush
10/1/12 5:32:02PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

its not out of hand but I gree with shitfaced sentiments.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/1/12 5:32:52PM

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

I only popped in to say I was sorry and provide an explanation for my behavior. I wanted to be a man and accept responsibility for my actions. Sorry if it caused further problems.
ghandikush
10/1/12 5:34:24PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

I only popped in to say I was sorry and provide an explanation for my behavior. I wanted to be a man and accept responsibility for my actions. Sorry if it caused further problems.

Dont be silly broham youre way to sentimental about all this right now.
george112
10/1/12 5:42:33PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

No problems here man

I didn't mean it like that at all.
kopower
10/1/12 6:23:12PM
Then let's end this thread with a big old fashioned group hug
Pages: 1 [2] 3