"Blown ACL" forces Chris Lytle out of UFC Fight Night 19 main-card bout

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "Blown ACL" forces Chris Lytle out of UFC Fight Night 19 main-card bout
StorminYourman
8/12/09 1:00:45AM
Sucks for him. Hope he gets well soon.

A knee injury has forced UFC veteran Chris Lytle (27-17-5 MMA, 6-9 UFC) out of a scheduled UFC Fight Nigh 19 bout with Carlos Condit.

Nightmare27
8/12/09 1:09:57AM
NO! Im going to this event and this was the fight that was the main event for me. It had FOTN written all over it!! At least they have enough time to get a decent replacement. This sucks!
Wolfenstein
8/12/09 1:38:57AM
Oh hell no! Where's a crying icon when you need one? I was stoked for this matchup, and on top of that--Chris Lytle always puts on an awesome show and we won't get to see him for a while.

As a replacement, I would like to see Dan Hardy.
RearNakedJoke
8/12/09 1:59:16AM
sucks, i love watching lyttle fight and condit would be a great opponent for him.
Nightmare27
8/12/09 2:34:20AM
Dan Hardy would be a great replacement!
EvenFlow
8/12/09 3:53:54AM
Nooooooo, damn, this kind of kills the event for me now, well heres hoping for a full recovery. I doubt Hardy will be the replacement, if hes fighting soon its likely in England at 105 as the co-main event or something.

Lets see the Condit vs Larson rematch and scrap the Pierce fight.
Kpro
8/12/09 4:05:16AM
of the feasible replacements, Kevin Burns really wouldn't be that bad of a choice even though he's coming off of a loss to Lytle.

Edgar Garcia would be a good fight, as he and Condit both TKO'd Miura in the WEC, and Garcia just came off of a SD loss to Blackburn that some thought he won. He obviously doesn't have the main event level name though.

I'm pretty sure a guy like Markham would take the fight too as he hasn't fought in 6 months since being KO'd by Hardy, and isn't listed at any future UFC events.
MMA-San
8/12/09 4:58:51AM
Dong Hyun Kim needs to take this fight
mentalcase
8/12/09 5:35:27AM
hopefully condit gets someone better a win over lytle dosnt gain anything for condit, i think condit deserves someone like Hughes, Hardy,
Hazelett or even Kim
Mayhem13
8/12/09 9:25:34AM
Is Koscheck all healed up?

Condit vs Koscheck would be a great fight!

if not, I bet its someone like Markham or maybe Hendricks....coming off of that quick win...but they may try to bring him up slower.
cowcatcher
8/12/09 9:29:46AM
really bad news, i was so looking forward to that fight. im sure they are going to get a very good replacement for him though, condit isnt going to fight someone without a decent track record at this point.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/12/09 9:43:22AM
bummer... well there is koscheck, fitch, hughes, parisyan, davis, serra, hardy, hazelett, kim, saunders, burns, taylor, blackburn, hendricks, hathaway etc

I'm liking the idea of Matt Serra or Dustin Hazelett mostly
Mayhem13
8/12/09 9:58:06AM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

bummer... well there is koscheck, fitch, hughes, parisyan, davis, serra, hardy, hazelett, kim, saunders, burns, taylor, blackburn, hendricks, hathaway etc

I'm liking the idea of Matt Serra or Dustin Hazelett mostly

Hazelett is out till 2010, but Serra on a fight night would be cool...and that would be a good fight.
nickcuc547
8/12/09 10:49:53AM
that ****** sucks, was so looking forward to this fight. Matt Brown or Anthony Johnson would be my two top choices as replacements. but i think either way they find somebody good to fight condit, there are a lot of good welterweights that are looking for fights.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/09 11:38:34AM
Maybe like Hathaway or Saunders
Irish_Pride
8/12/09 11:51:21AM
Hopefully Lytle recovers fine. A blown ACL could be serious. I would like to see Condit fight Hardy but since probably Hardy will be fighting at 105. How about Marcus Davis? I would be interested in watching that fight.
nickcuc547
8/12/09 12:38:28PM

Posted by Irish_Pride

Hopefully Lytle recovers fine. A blown ACL could be serious. I would like to see Condit fight Hardy but since probably Hardy will be fighting at 105. How about Marcus Davis? I would be interested in watching that fight.

Ya i didn't even think of davis, there are so many possibilities, this fight could end up being a better matchup, if so hopefully they bump it up to the main event.
KaibaThedon
8/12/09 12:58:39PM
Soooo many WWs to choose from.

Marcus Davis, Ben Saunders, Rory Markham, Dong Hyun Kim, Rumble, Kevin Burns, Johnny Hendricks didn't have a long fight last time, maybe he's ready to go again?...

I think Marcus Davis out of everyone seems like the best choice though. What a WAR that would be!

Twenty20Dollars
8/12/09 4:56:01PM
IFL and M-1 Challenger veteran Jake Ellenberger (21-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is the latest addition to the UFC, and the 24-year-old will face a stiff test in his first trip to the octagon.

linky
MMA-San
8/12/09 7:39:34PM
Should have been KIM.