BloodyElbow.com Exclusive: Randy Couture Update

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BloodyElbow.com Exclusive: Randy Couture Update
Wolfenstein
8/29/08 11:19:56PM
I've spoken with a lot of people about Randy Couture in the last day. Things are definitely happening.

First, I can say with 100% certainty that there are current negotiations for Randy Couture to return in November to main event, and that the current proposed opponent is Brock Lesnar. They can't get Fedor, too many issues to work out on short notice, and he has a US-only non compete with Affliction.

Link
juanez13
8/29/08 11:29:54PM
NinjaCyborg
8/29/08 11:33:12PM
That would be an amazing fight!

But what happens if Randy Couture loses to Brock Lesnar?
Wouldn't that smash all hope for a Couture vs. Emelienenko fight?
Wolfenstein
8/29/08 11:35:18PM

Posted by juanez13

Already Posted

This is news right? I'm trying to search through news forum posts to make sure I'm not doing doubles, but it's extremely difficult when news is being posted in different forums.
juanez13
8/29/08 11:40:51PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by juanez13

Already Posted

This is news right? I'm trying to search through news forum posts to make sure I'm not doing doubles, but it's extremely difficult when news is being posted in different forums.

its one person giving their insight on the subject without anything to back it up other than their word, therefore is not news. I put in the UFC forum since its correlated to the UFC.

What i would suggest doing, instead of searching the news forum, just look through "Today's topics". Much easier to find all topics posted, and unless you are posting an old article, looking at "today's topics" should tell you whether its been posted or not.
grappler0000
8/29/08 11:45:12PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by juanez13

Already Posted

its one person giving their insight on the subject without anything to back it up other than their word, therefore is not news. I put in the UFC forum since its correlated to the UFC.

What i would suggest doing, instead of searching the news forum,search "Today's topics". Much easier to find all topics posted, and unless you are posting an old article, looking at "today's topics" should tell you whether its been posted or not.

Yep, I usually search Today's Topics...then I search for keywords in topics instead of just a single forum, just in case.
Wolfenstein
8/29/08 11:47:14PM
You guys are absolutely right. You know I never actually even noticed the tab for todays topics. Wow how very newbish. I have to admit, I was starting to boil over for a minute.
jiujitsufreak74
8/29/08 11:48:50PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

You guys are absolutely right. You know I never actually even noticed the tab for todays topics. Wow how very newbish. I have to admit, I was starting to boil over for a minute.

don't worry about it, i don't use the today's topics tab at all.
Darnok
9/2/08 11:27:16AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Wolfenstein

don't worry about it, i don't use the today's topics tab at all.

I agree the Today's topic section is filled with crap most of the time. I prefer it when news is posted in the news section so it shows up on the home page.

And yes I believe this is news. It doesn't have to come from CNN to qualify.