Bloody sport gains in mass popularity

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bloody sport gains in mass popularity
Matimus
9/18/08 7:25:54PM
Rich Franklin used to spend his days teaching math to high school students. Today, he spends his evenings in an octagon-shaped cage grounding and pounding fighters into submission in front of thousands of screaming fans.

LINK

Wow, no MMA bashing, Im stunned....
finnish_line
9/19/08 9:06:36AM

I find it so strange that there are still stories like this.

I mean, a story about a football game doesn't begin by explaining what football is.

But I guess that it's still necessary for some people. It's still a "new" sport, and people are slow.
spikerman19
9/19/08 2:43:57PM
football has been the biggest sport in america since the fifites.

Posted by finnish_line

I find it so strange that there are still stories like this.

I mean, a story about a football game doesn't begin by explaining what football is.

But I guess that it's still necessary for some people. It's still a "new" sport, and people are slow.

finnish_line
9/19/08 3:32:57PM

Thus my 3rd sentence.

Things move a lot faster nowadays, and MMA has been the hottest new attraction for the last 3 years. Everyone should know the score by now.

Are we still going to be having these type of stories in 2011? I sure hope not.
ncordless
9/19/08 8:08:30PM

Posted by finnish_line

Thus my 3rd sentence.

Things move a lot faster nowadays, and MMA has been the hottest new attraction for the last 3 years. Everyone should know the score by now.

Are we still going to be having these type of stories in 2011? I sure hope not.

A lot of peole don't know what MMA is... especially people who don't keep up on the "new thing" Case in point, I was recently sent an email by a very esteemed jazz artist with a link to the Herring "kiss of death" staredown. This video is just now making it around the academic and artistic community as a "joke email". It was titled "there's no kissing in Boxing." I would've thought that everyone would've recoginzed the difference between the gloves, but nobody did until I said something.