Another BJPENN.COM Video On 'Grease-gate'

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Another BJPENN.COM Video On 'Grease-gate'
MMAcca
2/18/09 5:30:21PM
This one is worth checking out imo.......

LINK (i linked to Cage Potato because watching on bj's website requires signup)
cmill21
2/18/09 5:41:52PM
Why is it considered complaining? If you watch this video it looks like a very conclusive look at what happend. GSP has done it before and it was infact cheating that he knew about.
MMAcca
2/18/09 6:04:20PM

Posted by cmill21

Why is it considered complaining? If you watch this video it looks like a very conclusive look at what happend. GSP has done it before and it was infact cheating that he knew about it.

postman
2/18/09 6:13:39PM
I was really didn't pay too much attention to this whole thing but now I think this thing is for real. That video makes a much better case for BJ then I ever thought. Dana White saying George is in trouble is pretty Damning. I rewatched the fight after I first heard about the grease and thought you know he sure slipped that rubber guard pretty easy. But I gave George the benift of the doubt since most of my veiwing of rubberguard was Aioki and he wears pant plus George being much bigger then BJ effected my decision. Now I'm not sure.

Sherk
Hughes x2
Miller
BJ..... alot of well respected fighters. Guys who are proud and don't make excuses.

THIS VIDEO IS A MUST SEE IMO
Aaronno9
2/18/09 6:24:05PM
Wow, the second highlight of the fight is very conclusive. The corner guy is clearly rubbing the vas all over his back, not just the shoulders.
Wolfenstein
2/18/09 6:33:07PM
I'm sure there was some residue on his gloves, but really how much vaseline could have been left on his hands? It looked to me like he was just touching specific areas..doing whatever that witch doctor voodoo stuff is that they do.

Would anyone pick Penn in a rematch?
cmill21
2/18/09 6:34:25PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Wow, the second highlight of the fight is very conclusive. The corner guy is clearly rubbing the vas all over his back, not just the shoulders.

And I think the "I didn't know it was on my hands" can be put to rest since he wiped his face, shoulders, face again and then back.

EDIT: I don't think anyone, including Penn, is saying this changed the outcome, it's just not right to cheat, and GSP was and apperently has been cheating.
MMAcca
2/18/09 7:10:45PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Would anyone pick Penn in a rematch?

The strange thing is, i think i would
seanfu
2/18/09 7:29:53PM
No way BJ ever beats GSP. GSP improved twice as much. But even without grease changing the result it's still a HUGE no no. There's a reason for that. Slipping a rubber guard I don't think qualifies. But it's pretty obvious if every big opponent you've fought in 4 years minus Fitch (who never really saw the ground anyway) accuses you of greasing, I think you did it.

MUCH bigger deal than it's given credit for, I'd hope most of the **** talkers on the forums had wrestled or rolled before to understand how big of a difference no shirt makes compared to under armour, let alone greasing.
bojangalz
2/18/09 10:02:43PM
Given the context...I'd say the production of this flick was equally as slick as GSP was that night. They take the same few spots and play every angle to make it look like he eluded touble all night long. It's well put together, and serves it's purpose if it gets viewers to think twice about the fight.

I only wish Penn would have put this much preparation into the fight itself.

I'd love to see these guys throw down one last time. But it'll be a sweep for GSP if it happens.
postman
2/18/09 10:35:30PM

Posted by seanfu

No way BJ ever beats GSP. GSP improved twice as much. But even without grease changing the result it's still a HUGE no no. There's a reason for that. Slipping a rubber guard I don't think qualifies. But it's pretty obvious if every big opponent you've fought in 4 years minus Fitch (who never really saw the ground anyway) accuses you of greasing, I think you did it.

MUCH bigger deal than it's given credit for, I'd hope most of the **** talkers on the forums had wrestled or rolled before to understand how big of a difference no shirt makes compared to under armour, let alone greasing.

Wow BJ NEVER beats GSP..... Thats really counting one of the best fighters in the world out. If he greased and BJ can't hold Rubber Guard how can we say he wouldn't have won? It is a whole different fight if GSP is fighting to break that guard thats when the subs happen. There isn't anyone GSP trains with that works rubber like BJ.

If they fought agian I would most likely pick GSP but to say BJ has no chance to ever beat him shame on you.

roadking95th
2/18/09 10:49:50PM
This video reminded me of something that occured during the fight. I had forgot about it because of the whole vaseline gate thing. Everybody, who was watching the fight woth me, was shouting "how many times can he be warned for hitting the back of the head" It was continous shouting at the TV.
roadking95th
2/18/09 10:51:57PM

Posted by seanfu

No way BJ ever beats GSP.

That is a huge statement. I would pick GSP in a rematch, but think back to the end of round three in GSP/Penn I. BJ had GSP in mission control, I believe that's what it is called, and was just pounding on his face. That's why I thought BJ won the third round.
JackHammerXXX
2/18/09 11:05:41PM
when was GSP last defeated and how?

Matt Serra in their first fight. By Tapout due to strikes. He didn't get Serra to the ground like he did Koscheck, Fitch, Penn,,, no, he got rocked, and then couldn't come back. Then, his next fights, he puts on 'mma' wrestling clinics on two very respected, and one, really respected wrestler in Josh Kos, which to me warrants a reason to look at a change in gameplans, strategies, philosophies, etc.?

when I first heard it, initially, I thought it doesn't matter. and wouldn't matter. But, i watched it again, and it started to become clear, that either Penn knew he couldn't win, right off the bat, or at least going into the rounds after the first, and so he proceeded to change the way he 'took' a beating, cuz let's face it, he took a beating. I mean from all the times BJ's legs slid from shoulder, to waist, and never could get a grasp? This is a question for fighters, I would assume, and the ones I have heard from, on top of 'real' big names, like Liddell, Mir, Mezger, Josh Kos, Hughes, Miller, etc. I mean, this is really getting me twisted.

This video just influenced me, I feel soo violated. Damn you BJ, this video is the truth!!
mentalcase
2/18/09 11:18:28PM
man after seeing the it just made me sure they should no contest the fight, im very disappointed with GSP i thought he was an honest guy
jiujitsufreak74
2/19/09 12:55:21AM
hard to go against that evidence
SmileR
2/19/09 8:28:52AM
The thing to remember about this video is its a hash up of moments from the whole fight. Quotes from Sherk and Mayhem are old and can be taken out of context and the video clips of the vasaline being applied to the back can be all from the first round before the commission stepped in.
If GSP and his camp are found to be cheating then I say fine all of them rule it a no contest and BJ gets the moral victory. But because its basically a fancy slide show I'd watch the fight and pay particular attention to the time in-between rounds.
Anyone believing the "still shiny after he was wiped off" part is a idiot and has clearly never had a shower or broke a sweat in there life, but the fact that the commission has to enter the cage speaks volumes in its self.
The main part the video focuses on is the vasaline being put in the pocket during round 3. The commission were in the cage and the vasaline has a lid on and was on the floor. I'v just finished watching the fight and the video and after the first round the commission are in the cage closely watching GSP and his cornermen every round after.
Also the video focuses on GSP slipping guard and slipping out of headlocks. All these attempts are from either late in the 2nd or the 3rd and 4th rounds. They don't look like they are thrown up with much heart and the headlock is clearly weak. Dana saying he was in trouble has already been addressed and I can't be bothered bring that back up again.

The video is hugely damming towards GSP and if it was the only evidence towards BJ's claims then GSP would be screwed. But as it stand the commission did enter the ring and found GSP to be able to continue fighting without giving him a unfair advantage in each round after the first.
I'm sure if GSP had the same character as who ever made that film he could make a video pretty similar showing how he dominated the stand up and used his hips and baby positioning to avoid any danger on the ground and make BJ look like a cry baby. In reality BJ's claim is being dealt with by the CSAC and is out of anyones hands except there's.

I'v tried my best not to post on this subject in the past and as far as I can remember I'v only posted twice. Both times were when someone said GSP was as bad as someone who took roids. If GSP knew about it and it was deliberate then he is! No excuses! But as far as I'm aware he never and I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He has never been known to cheat an his work ethic is renowned among fans and fighters. I say the the athletic commission work it out and see what happens before judging one of the best talents the sport has to offer.

Sorry for the long reply, that video just got my back up!
Keep rockin guys!

Boo_Radley21
2/19/09 10:43:42AM
I'll admit that the video is pretty convincing, but you guys have to realize that the video is definitely all about defending BJ Penn. It's on his website. It's obviously gonna do everything it can to make it look like GSP cheated. If it were a more neutral video that had both guys sides and it still look like GSP cheated it would mean more. Unfortunately it isn't.
cmill21
2/19/09 1:22:36PM
I dunno to me it seems like you guys are acting like no one does this, alot of fighters do this. They told the corner man no more vasaline after round one, GSP was sitting right there when it was said, then every round there after he was still having vasaline applied. They put the vasaline in very spcific spots, right where BJ would need to have his legs to secure a triangle, work rubber guard, omoplata's and even gogoplatas. Also if you can't keep a high guard how can you roll for an armbar from the bottom? This of course could all be coincidence and GSP might in fact sweat crisco lol.
Aaronno9
2/19/09 3:20:28PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I'll admit that the video is pretty convincing, but you guys have to realize that the video is definitely all about defending BJ Penn. It's on his website. It's obviously gonna do everything it can to make it look like GSP cheated. If it were a more neutral video that had both guys sides and it still look like GSP cheated it would mean more. Unfortunately it isn't.

I understand what your saying, but why does it matter that the video is focused on GSP cheating? I mean, you could fill it out with whatever GSP wanted to be put in it aswell, it would still show him being greased between rounds and all the other illegal stuff he did in the fight. Doesnt matter what else the video shows, fact of the matter is it clearly shows GSP cheating.
Red-Dragon
2/19/09 4:30:15PM
Until I saw this I thought that no way was the vas application that obviously an effort to gain advantage. Now however my mind is changed. The main thing for me was the reaction from the UFC Pro's and how outraged they seemed. Also the comments made by Dana. I think that GSP would have won anyway which is a real shame for GSP.

He is removed from my fav fighters list for now.