Bjorn Rebney: Anderson Silva is the only man on Earth that could beat Hector Lombard

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bjorn Rebney: Anderson Silva is the only man on Earth that could beat Hector Lombard
Budgellism
10/17/11 7:14:02AM
"We have an incredibly dominant champion. It's not easy. I think, right now, when you look at Vitor Vianna and Alexander Shlemenko, we could provide a good test for Hector Lombard. I think he's one of the best two middleweights on earth. I think Hector is an absolute monster. I think there's one guy on earth right now that I would look at and say to myself, ‘He could beat Hector.' His name is Anderson Silva. I don't know that I would pick Anderson to beat Hector, but it would be one heck of a fight. We'll see what happens with Alexander and Vitor, and one of those guys is going to come out with a big win."

- Bjorn Rebney

LINK
jjeans
10/17/11 7:25:26AM
Somebodies very very confident

I think if he were to come to the UFC he'd instantly get a top 5 fighter

I'd love to see him fight Okami
Chael_Sonnen
10/17/11 8:04:40AM
Falcao will 187 Hector.
mattjonesy
10/17/11 8:13:27AM
It actually made me laugh. Hes a beast but I could see Munoz, Sonnen, Belfort and maybe even Stann and Bisping beating Lombard.
Hes faced know one in years, its laughable to think the only person who can beat him is the number 1 p4p.
gartface
10/17/11 8:17:26AM

Posted by mattjonesy

It actually made me laugh. Hes a beast but I could see Munoz, Sonnen, Belfort and maybe even Stann and Bisping beating Lombard.
Hes faced know one in years, its laughable to think the only person who can beat him is the number 1 p4p.

I think all of the aforementioned, with the exception of Bisping, could beat Hector. I think Lombard would give Bisping the Henderson treatment.

The guy may have not faced the toughest competition lately, but he's still dominated in his stretch. I'd absolutely love to see him in the Octagon.
emfleek
10/17/11 9:05:37AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by mattjonesy

I think all of the aforementioned, with the exception of Bisping, could beat Hector. I think Lombard would give Bisping the Henderson treatment.

The guy may have not faced the toughest competition lately, but he's still dominated in his stretch. I'd absolutely love to see him in the Octagon.

Nailed it. Bisping would get wrecked.
postman
10/17/11 9:13:57AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by mattjonesy

I sign off on this thought as well.
VILLIN
10/17/11 9:19:40AM
If by 'dominant' he means that Hector wins then yes, he is 'dominant'. If by 'dominant' he means that Hector dominates his opponents then no, he is not 'dominant'. Hector takes one hell of a lot of punishment from his opponents but has the toughness and power punching to come out on top in a slugfest. And lets not forget that these opponents aren't exactly the cream of the crop.

Lombard would never even make it to a title shot with Anderson, he'd get smoked by the likes of Belfort, Maia, Sonnen, Okami, hell even Leben has a better than average shot at putting Lombard in the loss column.

Dominant champions don't fight the likes of Falaniko Vitale and Joe Doerksen, much less struggle to beat them.
Sir_Karl
10/17/11 9:43:07AM
I think Hector is good but he hasn't faced top level opponents. I think the UFC middleweights would wreck him. The same goes for Eddie Alvarez. He hasn't faced any real top guys. I think both of them will eventually come over to the UFC...and then we will see where they "fit into the mix".
ghandikush
10/17/11 9:59:51AM
Anderson, Sonnen, Hendo, Marquardt, Maia, Okami, Stann, Munoz, the list goes on, they could all wreck him. At least Alvarez has fought top guys at some point in his career. Let's not forget Roger Huerta ussed to be a top contender.
tcunningham
10/17/11 1:47:35PM
yeah, lombard is the the bellator champ, but he hasnt fought any of the REAL big named fighters. he's good, but not UFC champ good.
Pookie
10/17/11 2:52:05PM
...and Gono.
cowcatcher
10/17/11 3:02:04PM

Posted by Pookie

...and Gono.

...and Mousasi
bjj1605
10/18/11 1:37:03AM
Anderson would absolutely embarrass him.

Can't blam Bjorn for saying crazy stuff though...he's trying to sell a brand.