bizzaro world

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » bizzaro world
nickcuc547
4/19/09 3:16:44PM
what is up lately, anderson silva's last two fights have been boring as **** while lyoto machida's last fight was exciting, and on the sherdog forums all the guys who stand up for machida are now ripping anderson silva for the same thing, wtf.
fizzle
4/19/09 3:25:26PM

Posted by nickcuc547

what is up lately, anderson silva's last two fights have been boring as **** while lyoto machida's last fight was exciting, and on the sherdog forums all the guys who stand up for machida are now ripping anderson silva for the same thing, wtf.

Its a Bizzaro world indeed. I really don't have a problem with Anderson looking to take a little damage as possible (though grain of salt as I am a Machida fan) because he is still trying to dish our punishment. It was simply a lack luster match up and Thales proved he still has a pretty good chin, but really no offense to offer Anderson. We'll see who gets the next shot at The Spider, but I think people aren't going to be happy unless Anderson knocks out his next opponent in the first or second. I always have been and always will be an Anderson Silva fan.
Franklinfan47
4/19/09 4:30:46PM
Not bizzaro world, the mma world. The two are actually one in the same.
The_Ho_Bag
4/19/09 4:49:48PM
i love how people are criticizing him off of 2 fights? when meanwhile this guy is a monster in the Cage. at any time he can destroy you . its a twist im tired of seeing him rip people in under 2 rounds, meanwhile Machida goes all three rounds and people love him him for throwing two punches and running.

Critics these days pffff
Twenty20Dollars
4/19/09 5:05:50PM
Silva is trying to stick it to Dana White.
Aether
4/19/09 5:27:38PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Silva is trying to stick it to Dana White.

This is a theory that I was considering too. Maybe he's upset about not being able to fight Roy Jones, maybe he's upset about the opponents he's getting, about the weight he's fighting at, or something else that we're not seeing behind the scenes. If so this could be some kind of protest against the UFC by saying "I'll fulfill my contract, but I won't help you make money".

I brought it up in my camp's forums. Like I said there, it seems unlikely, but it almost seems more likely than Silva fighting that way for no reason at all.

Who knows?
burialchamber
4/19/09 5:41:41PM
This was my thought too. Anderson says over and over in interviews that he doesn't care about money or popularity. If you believe that he's telling the truth about that, then his motivation to fight is solely personal. That means he's going to do whatever he feels like doing in the ring, because it's about his own goals and not about making the UFC rich. A fighter who fights for himself will win the way he wants to, not the way his boss wants him to. Besides, he knows he can get away with it. What are they going to do, fire him?
The_Ho_Bag
4/19/09 7:13:12PM

Posted by burialchamber

This was my thought too. Anderson says over and over in interviews that he doesn't care about money or popularity. If you believe that he's telling the truth about that, then his motivation to fight is solely personal. That means he's going to do whatever he feels like doing in the ring, because it's about his own goals and not about making the UFC rich. A fighter who fights for himself will win the way he wants to, not the way his boss wants him to. Besides, he knows he can get away with it. What are they going to do, fire him?

they are going to fire him and make Wandy the MW champ after he beats franklin lol