Bisping wants to fight Hendo again

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bisping wants to fight Hendo again
Shawn91111
8/31/12 7:29:45PM
Michael Bisping is a man on a mission. As his date with destiny and the formidable Brian Stann approaches we hear from “The Count” and find out which loss haunts him the most. We also discover who has been bending Dana White’s ear about one Chael P. Sonnen and question the wisdom of Vitor Belfort’s jump to 205lbs to lock horns with Nike’s new poster boy Jon Jones…

Michael Bisping

Michael Bisping is the most recognisable, successful British MMA fighter there has been since the creation of the UFC almost two decades ago. He has been the veritable face of UK mixed martial arts for years but one thing has eluded him. It is of course that one night all top tier athletes crave, the opportunity to compete for a world title at the summit of their chosen sport. Bisping has been close on a couple of occasions but no cigar, namely contender contests against the two pillars of Team Quest, Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen. Speaking to UFC Insider this week, the always vocal 33 year old was typically candid regarding his aspirations as he enters the twilight of an eventful career.

“The fight I want to have again is Dan Henderson. That’s the one that haunts me… It’s what drives me, it’s why I’m here today. If I could get the opportunity to fight him, I would relish that opportunity”

LINK
Shawn91111
8/31/12 7:31:55PM
Aether
8/31/12 7:37:46PM
I think Bisping has a decent chance against just about anyone with his pitter-patter constant movement style, but I would pick Henderson again.
Budgellism
8/31/12 7:42:35PM
Sure, I'm down to see Hendo knock him into another dimension again.
infestructure
8/31/12 7:43:02PM
You heard the man.

Joe Silva make it happen

Copenhagen
8/31/12 7:46:43PM
Bisping circled left that entire fight.
If they do fight again, hopefully his corner will tell him to always circle right.
I'd pick Hendo again though.
Shawn91111
8/31/12 8:03:30PM
Obviously Hendo would only go to MW for a title shot, so Bisping had his chance and thats that. Time to move on
george112
8/31/12 8:05:25PM
Obsessive much?

I guess I can see where he's coming from . Same result
meier
8/31/12 8:59:18PM
Im not interested in the rematch
prophecy033
8/31/12 9:02:12PM
No, no you don't Bisping.
JLS1980
8/31/12 9:05:54PM
I picked Bisping over Stann here at UFC 152. It should be a pretty good tough fight for both fighters.
Seems to me Bisping should be focusing on this match instead of Hendo at this time.
What happens if Stann can pull off the Win. Not a Bisping fan but he shouldn't be just looking past Stann, he's really not that big of a favorite in that match.
thevoodooninja
8/31/12 9:13:56PM

Posted by Copenhagen

If they do fight again, hopefully his corner will tell him to always circle right.

they was telling him that during the first fight. maybe this time he will listen. he'll beat hendo if he can stay away from the H- BOMB
TeamDEY
8/31/12 9:38:08PM
Not smart on Bispings part
FastKnockout
8/31/12 9:38:57PM

Posted by Copenhagen

They did. He stopped in the 2nd round.
Cooler
8/31/12 9:56:04PM
No you don't, you barely fight 1 top 10 fighter every year.

Even Hendo at 50 years old probably wins that rematch.
Bubbles
8/31/12 10:53:14PM
if this fight ever happens, I'll av bet on Bisping. I believe he would be less cocky in the ring now he knows he can get KTFO and wont circle to the power hand all fight long. He was winning up to that punch iirc

I'll still be rooting for Hendo though, but imo Bisping will win
Chael_Sonnen
8/31/12 11:32:25PM
What a Bollucks statement by Mikey - - -

I mean Crickey, the nerve of that Bloody Bloke!

I think Mikey's head is fried from watching a six-hour Cricket match that was Jolly Good Posh

Aye!!!!!
BigBadAl
9/1/12 6:41:59AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

What a Bollucks statement by Mikey - - -

I mean Crickey, the nerve of that Bloody Bloke!

I think Mikey's head is fried from watching a six-hour Cricket match that was Jolly Good Posh

Aye!!!!!

Terrible attempt at mocking the English use of the Queens English.

Crickey hasn't been used in the UK since the times of Oliver Twist. You've been watching too many children's movies Chael. Crickey may well still be used in Australia however, but I am not sure if this died off along with the great Steve Irwin. Similar can be said for the word 'bloke'. It might be beneficial to do some research on the differences between English and Australian use of the English language.

What the fcuk 'jolly good posh' means I have no idea?!

'Aye' is perhaps Scottish? Or do you believe we all speak like Ali G over here?

On the subject matter. Bisping at least has balls and is willing to fight anyone. Even someone who previously nearly knocked his head off. Many may not like his persona but at least he is a real fighter.
Shawn91111
9/1/12 11:15:14AM

Posted by Bubbles

if this fight ever happens, I'll av bet on Bisping. I believe he would be less cocky in the ring now he knows he can get KTFO and wont circle to the power hand all fight long. He was winning up to that punch iirc

I'll still be rooting for Hendo though, but imo Bisping will win

Not at all. Hendo was controlling the second up until the KO and won the first imo, as well as a few other mma publications gave Hendo the first as well.
submissionartist1
9/1/12 11:32:24AM
Way to call out the Hurt guy bisping " yeah I'd fight Dan Henderson afternoon surgery" opportunist
Copenhagen
9/1/12 1:39:39PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Copenhagen

They did. He stopped in the 2nd round.

Haha, yeah he stopped doing it at 3:20 in the 2nd round to be exact.