Bisping talks about UFC, Sokoudjou, and Matt Hamill

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bisping talks about UFC, Sokoudjou, and Matt Hamill
loller90278
9/5/07 12:24:06PM
New interview from MMA insight with British UFC fighter Michael Bisping.
Read it here
JWils
9/5/07 12:52:23PM
You know, I can't stand Koscheck's cocky attitude but for some reason I dig Bisping. He's cocky as hell too but he cracks me up.

If Soko ever gets signed by the UFC that would be a very entertaining fight. I think Bisping has the talent to hang with the big dogs someday. Probably more so in the MW division than LHW
guccimane
9/5/07 1:06:05PM
I think Koscheck would destroy the guy in your av.

But anyways, I hope Bisping ends up fighting Soko. Soko has a glass jaw, anybody who saw his fight vs Glover Teixera knows that. He gets hit once and it's the end of the fight. Lil Nog never landed a shot, because Soko came out and blitzed him crazy. Anybody who circled the ring or cage, and landed one good shot, would end Soko's night.
loonytnt
9/5/07 1:22:23PM
i think bispng need to stop talking about sokoudjou and think about hamill its going be a hard fight for him
JWils
9/5/07 2:06:08PM

Posted by guccimane

Hopefully we'll get to see that fight someday. That would ruin my year if Kos beat Hughes.
guccimane
9/5/07 2:09:14PM
Koscheck is a way better athlete then Hughes, better striker, and has a better shot. Obviously he needs to work on his TD defense, but unlike Hughes, he still got GSP down.
kaduey
9/5/07 2:28:35PM

Posted by guccimane

Koscheck is a way better athlete then Hughes, better striker, and has a better shot. Obviously he needs to work on his TD defense, but unlike Hughes, he still got GSP down.

I would bet my first born on Matt Hughes.
loller90278
9/5/07 2:28:52PM
if bisping vs soko happened... soko would win easily imo
MaxOne
9/5/07 2:38:01PM
I'd like to see Sokoudjou fight in the UFC. I'd like to see Hamill beat Bisping. Moreso, i'd just like to see good fights.

What was up with the "rumor" that Ken was going to replace Hamill in this fight?
that was a bad idea. I'm glad to see that it was just a rumor.
DevonFoxy
9/5/07 2:43:24PM
i agree Soko would be way too much for Bisping. He really hasn't faced anyone thats near the top 10 so i don't know why he would be saying things like this. I think people find his British accent charming and thats why people don't hate him like they hate Koscheck. He will more than likely loose to Hamill and drop to 185 then he may be able to get to the top ten as he would be just as big as some of the 185's champ though.....i think not.

And for the Hughes Koscheck argument there is a huge chance that Kos would beat Hughes just for the simple fact Kos doesn't need to be as worried with his striking and can worry about sprawling at the Hughes shot. I honestly think Kos would win the stand up fight as he has improved so much in his stand up and he has all the power to win the take down game as well. just my opinion of course.
Gladiator
9/5/07 2:44:08PM

Posted by guccimane

do u mean a better shoot? athleticism alone will not win u a fight, hughes would thrash koscheck bad if they meet up in the octagon.
jgtribbett
9/5/07 3:03:39PM
i am indifferent about bisbing and hamill.. but suko is a diff fighter than he was two years or more ago...
i think suko would give hime toruble..
madmarck
9/5/07 4:49:53PM

Posted by JWils

Posted by guccimane

Hopefully we'll get to see that fight someday. That would ruin my year if Kos beat Hughes.

I think Kos could outwrestle Hughes easily i mean look how easily KOS destroyed GSP..............
oh wait im thinking backwards.. and MMAth doesnt work.

Well guess we will have to wait until Hughes fights Serra, and then maybe GSP.
guccimane
9/5/07 8:17:00PM
If anybody got destroyed it was Hughes vs GSP. GSP used a boring lay and pray vs Koscheck. Koscheck at least took GSP down, something Hughes couldn't. GSP took Koscheck down because Koscheck is a good striker now. He didn't need to take down Hughes, because he can't strike at all. Understand??
Sam_Rothstein
9/10/07 2:38:13PM
Bisping: Well, put it this way. I’ve been training with a guy who took Sokoudjou the distance and I whoop that guy’s [butt]. No offense to [my training partner] — I like him. He’s a good guy, he’s my friend. I would beat him in a fight and he took Sokoudjou the distance. So if Sokoudjou wants to call me out, you know what I mean? If the UFC doesn’t want to sign him, have him come up to my house. I’ll kick his f-ing [butt].

wow he really went to adding mma math to this one. you can't really say well a guy i train with did good against him so i naturally will.

look at Gonzaga Vs Cro Crop

Cro crop's bjj trainer Fabricio Werdum stopped gonzaga in 2003

if sokoudjou can knock out arona and nogueira, why couldnt he knock out a guy who lost a stand up fight against matt hamill and has had nothing but easy fights.
kofranklin
9/11/07 11:03:51AM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by guccimane

I would bet my first born on Matt Hughes.

I would bet my left nut on Hughes.