Bisping talks crap about Hamill

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bisping talks crap about Hamill
riceavenger
3/12/07 5:34:31PM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4770

You may have heard that a certain TUF 3 dropout was calling me out last week.

To be honest, I really didn’t want to respond because that plays right into his hands by whipping up interest in a fight that I believe is a big step backwards for me.

However, at the same time I don’t want anyone thinking I was afraid of this guy, either.

The fighter in question - I forget his name - is a good wrestler but has no BJJ and couldn’t strike a match. He’s the one who produced the most embarrassingly amateurish performance of the entire season, where even though he won he couldn’t continue in the competition as he was so bashed up.
poll77
3/12/07 6:56:40PM
bisping would make the fight against hamill pretty short
waylon_o
3/12/07 9:30:14PM

Posted by poll77

bisping would make the fight against hamill pretty short

I think there's great things in store for Hamill, but it's going to take a LONG time to reach his potential. He's a great athlete and seems to learn quickly, but he has no business being in the cage with Bisping yet.
gimmper
3/12/07 9:56:57PM
I agree Hamil is not aggressive enuf to get in the ring with Bisping...To me he lacks that killer instinct. Strength does not win fights...Hamil is strong but thats all i see up to this point
roman
3/14/07 11:14:41AM
Strong and has badass wrestling skills. In his last fight he surpised me with a knockout.
madmarck
3/14/07 11:29:51AM
Well on TUF you could see that Matt just annoyed Bisping. Tito was calling him the next champ and shit. I can see how the coach picking a fav would piss anyone off.

I think Bisping could easily Sub Matt on the ground. and if the fight were on the feet. quick and easy paycheck for Bisping by brutal Knee.
He also said this

Do you know who I’m on about? I can picture his face but still can’t remember his name but I remember personally sending this novice to the hospital with a busted arm and my mate Kendall Grove - a middleweight - knocked him silly with a high kick in sparring.

If you recall. Matt got sent to the hospital from that kick. In which by the way Matt had on headgear and Grove had on shin Guards.

Matt also had a concussion of some sport from gettin punched by Mike Nickels. Mike isnt known for his stand up. A good fighter but a BJJ guy nonethe less, With little to no real punching power.
Manfred
3/14/07 12:21:43PM
The "couldn't strike a match" comment sums Hammil up. Thought is funny myself.
thepunisher
3/15/07 3:54:51PM
i want to see this fight
BloodandTears
3/15/07 4:48:55PM

Posted by riceavenger

To be honest, I really didn’t want to respond because that plays right into his hands by whipping up interest in a fight that I believe is a big step backwards for me.

However, at the same time I don’t want anyone thinking I was afraid of this guy, either.

The fighter in question - I forget his name - is a good wrestler but has no BJJ and couldn’t strike a match. He’s the one who produced the most embarrassingly amateurish performance of the entire season, where even though he won he couldn’t continue in the competition as he was so bashed up.

Thanks for the info but please change your avatar!
Mastodon2
3/15/07 5:19:01PM
Hamil hasnt got the skill to go in there with Bisping, and tbh I dont think he will ever reach Bispings level, Bisping is going to be up there I think, like Hamil he has a long way to go, but in the end The Count will still be superior.

Hamil just seems to lack that killer drive, there is no aggression in him. Like Rampage was at Fists of Fire, seems to be the psyche of Hamil in all his fights so far.
Sevennation09
3/15/07 9:58:54PM
Hamill could shut Bisping down. He should be happy that he couldnt continue in the tornament because he would have taken Bispring out of a contract in the first round. How can you say a guys stand up is terrible when 2 of his last 3 wins were knockouts?

Cant wait for TUF 5, TUF 4 was a disappointment and lightweights are the only weightclass i could make it in if it stays this weak.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/15/07 10:34:46PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by riceavenger

Thanks for the info but please change your avatar!

i agree man....maybe he thinks its cool cuz it gets attention,but its really disturbing and not cool.....it would be cool if you would block avatars

as for the topic...i think Bisping would KO Matt in the 1st....even if matt gets him on the ground Bisping knows how to shift his hips and escape rather easily...and if he cant escape he can prolly defend good enough to get a stand up
ryderstrong69
3/17/07 11:20:55PM
Matt has no buisness in mma
jaba
3/18/07 2:05:13AM
just saw matt hamill fight on dis one UFN today and ya he has good wrestlin but once it got too the ground all he did was dig his elbow into the guys face, what a dirty fighter.
nitro29
3/18/07 2:33:31AM
Once Hamill faces an event remotely competent striker, he's going to get KOed
somethingclever
3/18/07 5:48:24PM
I think Hamill just might be able to lay n pray his way to a victory over Bisping
Broknmunky
3/18/07 8:46:27PM

Posted by somethingclever

I think Hamill just might be able to lay n pray his way to a victory over Bisping

I need whatever you're on! Bisping would destroy Matt hands down IMO! Hamill hasn't faced a striker like Bisping.
madmarck
3/19/07 1:22:21PM

Posted by Broknmunky

I need whatever you're on! Bisping would destroy Matt hands down IMO! Hamill hasn't faced a striker like Bisping.

Striker BJJ thats what Bisping has got. And he is good at it. Thats what Matt seems to need improvemnt at. I think Bisping would KO MAtt or Sub him ont he ground. Bottom line if Matt takes Bisping down Micahel will sub him.
gimmper
3/19/07 6:49:38PM
I agree Bisping will take Hamil out quickly
riceavenger
3/19/07 7:33:55PM

I don't know about that. I remember Tito talking about how Bisping was actually giving Tito trouble when Tito would try to take him down in training.