Bisping: I can stop Silva reign

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bisping: I can stop Silva reign
Next Page »
wolfman
2/19/08 11:51:32AM
MICHAEL BISPING insists he is the man to stop Anderson Silva’s dominance of the middleweight division.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/article816419.ece
grappler0000
2/19/08 11:59:43AM
Unfortunately, Bisping's strengths are the same as Silva's...only Silva is better at them. I think Bisping will be better off at middleweight, but don't see him even getting close to defeating Silva or Hendo though.
Daddyprimetime
2/19/08 12:04:43PM
Not a chance Anderson is miles ahead of Bisping.
StevieC
2/19/08 12:19:36PM
please Bisping.

He still needs to fight Franklin.

Put him up against Almedia and watch him tap quickly.
Tailgunner
2/19/08 12:25:08PM
Bisping has fought a bunch of cans thus far, The Spider would rape Bisping so would Hendo.

I'd take GSP over Bisping in a heartbeat, I think The Count needs to come back to reality and get over himself, if he is so freaking good then why in the hell is he fighting "ANOTHER" can called the Chainsaw??

pv3Hpv3p
2/19/08 12:32:57PM
I understand that fighters have to be somewhat cocky and very self-confident... But Bisbing is going to bite off more than he can chew in this situation... If he almost got caught by an Elvis Sinosic-knee... What on earth is Anderson gonna do to him?
prozacnation1978
2/19/08 12:35:56PM
this guy can't beat silva, nor frankin, marquadt or okami
gsquat
2/19/08 12:37:46PM
Its all about matchups. He strikes when he thinks he can outstrike an opponent and when he can't, he ground and pounds. I do not think he could beat Anderson of yet, but does he have some of the tools (wrestling and gnp skills) to beat a guy like Silva, sure. Aside from that, Silva has to get past Hendo first.
DustinT
2/19/08 12:49:47PM
christ.....gimme a break.
work on the hype once you actually get somthin' done in the weightclass first.
i used to like bispig but he's starting to get on my nerves as of late.
ChokeUout
2/19/08 12:56:24PM

Posted by wolfman

MICHAEL BISPING insists he is the man to stop Anderson Silva’s dominance of the middleweight division.

:
rofl::
rofl:
Sir_Karl
2/19/08 1:07:40PM
I think "the Count" would have to muster a field of Knights to beat Silva.
Silva dishes out insane damage and punishment...with incredible accuracy and speed. Bisping has never fought anyone near Silva's level.
You never know though!
Jackelope
2/19/08 1:08:03PM

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by wolfman

:
rofl:

^ LOL
Darnok
2/19/08 1:14:15PM

Posted by grappler0000

Unfortunately, Bisping's strengths are the same as Silva's...only Silva is better at them. I think Bisping will be better off at middleweight, but don't see him even getting close to defeating Silva or Hendo though.

Well said
CornishMMA
2/19/08 1:14:39PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by wolfman

:
rofl:

^ LOL

Oh it saddens me, seriously i knew all this was coming from Bisping sooner or later, he said he would be champ at LHW when he was barely able to beat the lower level guys and then lose to Hamill! WTF makes him think he could beat Okami or Franklin or Tanner? let alone Silva!!!!! He hasnt fought at 185 yet

A guy who can beat Silva should be able to beat Charles McCarthy really quick i guess?
cj_striker
2/19/08 1:25:37PM
Bisping is a decent striker, I'll give him that. But Anderson is at another level, Bisping needs to give himself much more time in the game and face (and defeat, not get horrible decisions called his way) tougher opponents. Win some fights against some guys like Okami, Tanner...then step up to Marquardt, possibly Franklin (who would both kick the dog shit out of him, but that's besides the point) then you may make some claims like that..But as of now, you just make yourself sound stupid, Count! It's good to have confidence, but stupid to be so cocky when you don't have legit wins to back it up.
Aaronno9
2/19/08 1:44:08PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by wolfman

:
rofl:

^ LOL

Oh it saddens me, seriously i knew all this was coming from Bisping sooner or later, he said he would be champ at LHW when he was barely able to beat the lower level guys and then lose to Hamill! WTF makes him think he could beat Okami or Franklin or Tanner? let alone Silva!!!!! He hasnt fought at 185 yet

A guy who can beat Silva should be able to beat Charles McCarthy really quick i guess?

Did you read the interview? or just the headline? becouse at no point does he actually say hes going to be champ, he just says he thinks he can be a contender, which i think he will. Then again, i dont know why im surprised to see a negative comment in a thread about bisping by you. I think everybody realises you dont like the guy, just give him a break.
MikeBillotto
2/19/08 2:10:37PM
BISPING IS HORRIBLE. NOWHERE NEAR ANDERSONS LEVEL. SOMEONE NEEDS TO SHUT HIM UP
Bowen50
2/19/08 2:13:11PM
Bisping better quit running his mouth. I think hes gonna have a rough time in the middleweight division. People think its the worst division in the UFC but there is a ton of young talent there. Silva, Henderson, and Franklin are obviously the best in the division but there are some guys looking to make some noise like Patrick Cote, Nate Marquardt, Alan Belcher, Yushin Okami, Ricardo Almedia, Drew McFedries, and maybe Kendall Grove if he gets his act together. Plus with the return of Evan Tanner who knows. I think Bisping is in for a very rude awakening once he starts fighting the upper tier guys of that division.
Gladiator
2/19/08 2:16:31PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by wolfman

:
rofl:

^ LOL

Did you read the interview? or just the headline? becouse at no point does he actually say hes going to be champ, he just says he thinks he can be a contender, which i think he will. Then again, i dont know why im surprised to see a negative comment in a thread about bisping by you. I think everybody realises you dont like the guy, just give him a break.

I hightly doubt that bisping will be a serious contender at 185 EVER! sure he might get a nice line of cans to smash but when that streak is over he is going to have to face a real contender and as previously stated, he will not beat franklin, marquardt, henderson, or almedia. So far i do not believe that he has fought a better striker than himself (miraculously) but he was outstruck by hamil and any contender at 185 is going to give him big problems, especially franklin and silva.
CornishMMA
2/19/08 2:19:51PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by wolfman

:
rofl:

^ LOL

Ummm no, i read the article, and read where he said his usual kind of cunfused arrogance, he said "I like fighting the bigger guys and I was beating them, and beating them soundly to be honest" now did he beat Hamill "soundly"? no, he didnt even beat Elvis soundly FFS! Why should i "give him a break" when he says stuff like that which makes him seem on another planet?
Please try and detach his nationality and think about it logically, the guy talks nonsence! The fact that everyone else in this thread also thinks it laughable backs me up - just cos im english you think i shouldnt say that
Oh and yes he did say that he felt (not strictly going to be) he would be champ “I think I have a strength and a size advantage over a lot of the other guys in there and I feel I can go all the way." no chance anytime soon mike!
Aaronno9
2/19/08 2:23:32PM
Im not saying i think he'll beat any of the top guys. I think hendo, silva and franklin will beat him desicivly, and nate, almedia and a whole host of other guys will give him problems, if not beat him. But i still think he'll do well and work his way up the ranks. I just think people use any exuse to hate the guy and its annoying after the same things said hundreds of times, and this is a perfect example. He never says hes going to beat anderson, or rich or anybody else. Read the article, he just says he thinks he can be a contender. If anybody else said that, it would be cool, but if bisping says it, everybody is on his back. I just think people need to forget about the hammill saga and give him a break.
gartface
2/19/08 2:27:25PM
Heh, funny article.
Aaronno9
2/19/08 2:36:37PM

Ummm no, i read the article, and read where he said his usual kind of cunfused arrogance, he said "I like fighting the bigger guys and I was beating them, and beating them soundly to be honest" now did he beat Hamill "soundly"? no, he didnt even beat Elvis soundly FFS! Why should i "give him a break" when he says stuff like that which makes him seem on another planet?
Please try and detach his nationality and think about it logically, the guy talks nonsence! The fact that everyone else in this thread also thinks it laughable backs me up - just cos im english you think i shouldnt say that
Oh and yes he did say that he felt (not strictly going to be) he would be champ “I think I have a strength and a size advantage over a lot of the other guys in there and I feel I can go all the way." no chance anytime soon mike!

How is it confused? he has always fought bigger guys, and he has always won, and up until hammill, he finished his fights pretty quick.

Say what you want about the elvis fight, but bisping beat him up pretty bad, showed some good heart to come back after getting rocked by that knee and almost subbed.

Also, nationality has nothing to do with it, but i think you post about your obvious dislike of bisping more than anybody else, im british, and i dont really like paul kelly, but i dont go round posting about it on every thread where the guys name is mentioned.

silverbullet
2/19/08 2:39:42PM
I believe him.
postman
2/19/08 3:41:46PM
That is so strange I was just thinking the same thing!
BlazinSaddle
2/19/08 3:50:53PM
dude let him think so, so we can see him get his face rearranged
BlazinSaddle
2/19/08 3:53:59PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by wolfman

:
rofl:

^ LOL

actually the title of the thread is "i can stop silva reign" that means i will be champ, nice try tho, lol at bisping being champ
Aaronno9
2/19/08 4:01:21PM
Just becouse the title of the thread says i can stop silva, doesnt mean bisping said it. And if you read the interview youl see, he never even mentions anderson. Tbh, the sun is the tiniest step up from a gossip magazine anyways. One thing you learn being english is not to beleive anything you read in there.
blinkfenix2000
2/19/08 4:21:20PM
He hasn't impressed me yet. He beat Josh Haynes who is nothing but a tomato can with a lot of heart. He beat Shafer and Sinosic...two fights in which he was a hair away of being submitted. Defeated* Matt Hamil (see asterisk) and lost to Rashad Evans.

He's not going to be able to beat Silva, Henderson, Okami, Marquart, Tanner, McDonald, Kampmann or anyone else
punkgrl-com
2/19/08 4:53:56PM
Did anyone actually read the article?! Bisping doesn't mention Silva once. For those that can't be bothered here's the Bisping quotes:

“I think I can challenge for the middleweight title but it’s a very deep division with a lot of new guys coming in.

“All my fights have been at light heavyweight so this is a brand new start for me.

“People were always telling me I was too small to be fighting at light heavyweight and that I should be fighting at middleweight but I didn’t want to do that.

“I like fighting the bigger guys and I was beating them, and beating them soundly to be honest.

“I’m small for a light heavyweight but I said to myself I’d keep going in that division until I got beat because I kept on winning my fights.

“But after losing to Rashad Evans, I said that I’d drop down to middleweight and I’m focusing on that division now.

“I think I have a strength and a size advantage over a lot of the other guys in there and I feel I can go all the way.

“I definitely feel I’m a contender already but I know I have to establish myself in that weight class and prove myself by winning some fights.”

Pages: [1] 2 3