Bisping says he's been promised title shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bisping says he's been promised title shot
Manak
7/22/12 5:20:56PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/12950/bisping-says-hes-been-promised-title-shot

Should Michael Bisping take care of business against Brian Stann when the two meet at UFC 152 in September, he’ll finally get his long-awaited title shot.

“I’ve been told if I beat him -- and beat him well -- I’ll get a title shot,” Bisping said. “But I haven’t gotten it in writing, so it probably doesn’t mean anything.”
Chael_Sonnen
7/22/12 5:25:12PM
It will be well deserved if he does.....getting past Stann is a tall order though.
george112
7/22/12 5:42:15PM
Hope he gets it. That way he can finally stop whining
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/12 5:58:36PM

“I’ve been told if I beat him -- and beat him well -- I’ll get a title shot,” Bisping said. “But I haven’t gotten it in writing, so it probably doesn’t mean anything.”

Good he understands that a promised shot means nothing these days with Dana's word never solid and always flip flopping.

Bisping has to "beat him well", that could hurt his chances.
prophecy033
7/22/12 6:13:04PM

Posted by george112

Hope he gets it. That way he can finally stop whining

I just wanna get it over with and give it to the guy.
meier
7/22/12 7:52:13PM
Bisping,weidman,boetsch make up your mind dana!
lll-lll
7/22/12 8:22:23PM
Im so sick of people can crushing in this division. Look at Bisping's record and find a great win. Look at Stann's record and find a great win. Looks like Leben for both. BIG DEAL! So how does beating either get anyone a title shot when both Boetsch and Weidman's last two wins both trump anything Bisping has done.
Cooler
7/22/12 8:25:23PM
Who has he beat to deserve a shot? are they basing this off of the win streaks they give to him by matching him up favorably instead of just feeding him to the lions like he should been? Beats me, he's barely in my top 10 at MW, maybe #7 or 8 at best, I mean Wandy did beat his ass and they didnt even rank Wandy after he beat Mike but yet Mike was still ranked...weird
lohmann
7/22/12 8:33:14PM
That sounds awesome.
telnights
7/22/12 8:33:57PM
If he beats Stann sure give him a shot. But beating Stann wont be easy at all and even if he does beating Anderson is mountain Bisping will never climb.
MALICE
7/22/12 8:41:24PM
Bisping suffering a loss in the near future is inevitable. Whether it be from Stann or Silva, Bisping will lose and forever remain in a gatekeeper position.
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/12 8:52:11PM

Posted by lll-lll

Im so sick of people can crushing in this division. Look at Bisping's record and find a great win. Look at Stann's record and find a great win. Looks like Leben for both. BIG DEAL! So how does beating either get anyone a title shot when both Boetsch and Weidman's last two wins both trump anything Bisping has done.

The Lombard win really holds no weight for Boetsch.
Bubbles
7/22/12 8:53:46PM

Posted by MALICE

Bisping suffering a loss in the near future is inevitable. Whether it be from Stann or Silva, Bisping will lose and forever remain in a gatekeeper position.

almost everyone is a gatekeeper at MW
kopower
7/22/12 9:25:11PM
Silva must be licking his chops at the possibility of fighting Bisping. Probably would be the easiest match up out of Boetsch, Lombard, and Weidman.
State_Champ
7/22/12 9:26:33PM

Posted by george112

Hope he gets it. That way he can be KOed spectacularly by Silva

Fixed.
FastKnockout
7/22/12 9:27:38PM
I want to see Bisping get the shot for the simple fact he will be murdered by Silva.
bjj1605
7/22/12 9:48:03PM
I think Bisping is underrate by a lot of people on here. People don't like him and they let that cloud their judgment about him.

Its easy to look back over a guys record and nit pick. But the fact of the matter is he's beaten a lot of tough guys and there was no guarantee at the time that he would win any of those fights.

Since being in the UFC he's only lost to great fighters and other than the KO against Henderson all of his losses have been very close.

I think Weidman has earned the title shot more but I wouldn't mind seeing Bisping get a shot in the near future.
BossHog
7/22/12 10:17:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

I think Bisping is underrate by a lot of people on here. People don't like him and they let that cloud their judgment about him.

Its easy to look back over a guys record and nit pick. But the fact of the matter is he's beaten a lot of tough guys and there was no guarantee at the time that he would win any of those fights.

Since being in the UFC he's only lost to great fighters and other than the KO against Henderson all of his losses have been very close.

I think Weidman has earned the title shot more but I wouldn't mind seeing Bisping get a shot in the near future.

Sure Bisping has beaten some "tough guys" everyone in the UFC is a tough guy.

Now tell me what top guys Bisping has beaten? What proven top MW has he defeated?

When Bisping gets an impressive win against a guy like Vitor, Chael, Okami, Franklin, Hendo then you can tell me he's underrated.

Until then, sorry my friend, but Bisping is overrated. A close loss to fat Rashad is currently his biggest accomplishment.
BossHog
7/22/12 10:19:32PM
Sorry to be snappy but considering Bisping a top fighter is offensive to me. I am personally a fan and think he is an exciting fighter, but I would be displeased if he get's a title shot without beating a top fighter his entire career. On that same note I would like to see Weidman also take on a proven vet before he gets his shot. There is no clear contender at MW for me right now.
OnyxShadow
7/22/12 10:44:04PM
I'll grant that Bisping is better than a list of the guys he's beaten. However, what can he possibly do against Stann that would be more impressive than what Weidman did to Munoz? Its quite sad how shallow the waters are in the MW division considering the only guy with even a remotely valid claim to being worthy of a title shot has less than ten fights in his career and only two wins over top competition.
Dberntson
7/22/12 10:44:12PM
In my opinion, Bisping is low top ten level fighter - somewhere between 7-10. Stann is a low teens fighter - maybe 11-13. Beating a guy that isn't in the top 5 should not get you a title shot, let alone a fringe top 10. Stann seems like a respectable, nice guy, but he is not a title contender and is a one trick pony with no ground game.
prozacnation1978
7/22/12 11:07:01PM
I would like to see bisping get knocked out cold again either by stann or silva. Win win scenario
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/12 11:10:26PM
Loss 22–4 Chael Sonnen
Win 22–3 Jason Miller
Win 21–3 Jorge Rivera
Win 20–3 Yoshihiro Akiyama
Win 19–3 Dan Miller Decision
Loss 18–3 Wanderlei Silva
Win 18–2 Denis Kang
Loss 17–2 Dan Henderson
Win 17–1 Chris Leben
Win 16–1 Jason Day
Win 15–1 Charles McCarthy
Loss 14–1 Rashad Evans
Win 14-0 Matt Hamill
Win 13–0 Elvis Sinosic
Win 12–0 Eric Schafer
Win 11–0 Josh Haynes

He's beaten who they put in front of him. Not the best guys, but MW hasn't always been the deepest division.

I'm sure people wouldn't be on him so much, if he ran his mouth less.

Roger Huerta was kind of in the same situation he had won his first 6 UFC fights, but didn't get a title shot. Then faced Florian and Maynard and lost decisions to them and gone.
jae_1833
7/23/12 12:05:41AM
I wouldnt mind seeing him get the shot or Boetch or Belcher or Weidman for that matter. I just dont see any of them pulling off a win. I want Stann to win just because he is a favorite of mine. Plus I see a Stann KO being a more fun ending than a Bisping decision. Plus nothing is in writing so really who cares.
tcunningham
7/23/12 12:08:05AM
i say he gets the title shot if he beats stann in a big way. the only catch is he has to wait in line behind weidman.
aussiemma
7/23/12 2:38:09AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I would like to see bisping get knocked out cold again either by stann or silva. Win win scenario

i second this.
jlock003
7/23/12 2:38:00PM

Posted by BossHog

Posted by bjj1605

Sure Bisping has beaten some "tough guys" everyone in the UFC is a tough guy.

Now tell me what top guys Bisping has beaten? What proven top MW has he defeated?

When Bisping gets an impressive win against a guy like Vitor, Chael, Okami, Franklin, Hendo then you can tell me he's underrated.

Until then, sorry my friend, but Bisping is overrated. A close loss to fat Rashad is currently his biggest accomplishment.

Completely valid point, but every single guy you listed has already been dominated by Silva so do you give one of them a second (or third) shot against Silva before Bisping? I'm on the Weidman train after the win over Munoz, but I think the points been pretty well made that their isn't a clear #1 contender mainly due to the fact that Weidman hasn't had a great deal of fights, but that definitely didn't keep Lesnar from getting his shot when there were no clear #1 contenders in the HW division. If Bisping can get by Stann either let him wait for the Silva/Weidman winner, or let him fight Weidman. Boetsch is out for a while anyway with the broken foot so he's really a non-factor at this point in time.
glooodiaz90
7/24/12 3:20:21PM
lolol "to be honest, if i can beat brian stann i got a title shot" 3:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMoLebBQnE&feature=plcp