Bisping at middleweight ....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bisping at middleweight ....
keith-hackney1
4/20/08 12:07:47PM
Let me start this post by starting off that regardless of how good or bad a fighter bispings first opponant was, i think that he showed the best bisping since winning the tuf show. He looked very light and comfetable on the feet, relaxed when mcCarthy slapped that arm bar attempt and finished impressively. I do believe that the best bisping we will see comes from him being at this weight. I noticed after the fight he wasnt too cocky and was a respectful winner towards his opponant which as a fan is a good sign of a harder working and improving fighter.

Also Props to all canadian fans on this site for the huge welcoming bisping recieved at the ufc weigh ins and on fight night.

any thoughts ??

Cheers
prozacnation1978
4/20/08 12:10:35PM
i agree with you, bisping looked ripped, with bisping, maia, and day looks like the middleweight division might be fine for right now
i would love to see leban vs bisping
keith-hackney1
4/20/08 12:12:41PM
Leben vs bisping would be a great brawl. I think that fight is very possible for this year too.
bullettdodger
4/20/08 12:17:07PM
Not typically a fan of Bisping, but he looks great and middleweight and i think he can make a real splash there... on another note it seems as if he has a PR guy now directing what he says after fights cause that was a different Bisping if you ask me

ps Bisping vs Leben would be a WAR
Darnok
4/20/08 12:33:04PM
I agree. Bisbing looked like he was living up to his hype.

I was impressed at how fast he could move.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/20/08 12:42:19PM
i knew this guy would be a monster. givin his 6'2 frame , well roundedness , hes the only guy with a marketable shot to dethrone silva. i still think anderson would win. next up i would like to see bisping fight rich franklin , cote or leben.
Violence108
4/20/08 12:46:31PM
he looked good at middleweight i think he will do good in that divison.
jiujitsufreak74
4/20/08 12:53:46PM
Bisping has to learn to hit to the body. McCarthy was just covering up for a good 2 min and Bisping kept kneeing and punching right into the block.; i was afraid he would gas himself out tbh. when McCarthy was just sitting there with his hands up...his ribs were wide open. knee to the body, uppercut the ribs, blast his stomach...after he gets a pounding to the midsection he would lower his hands a bit and that's when u go for the face. with hat said he looked more explosive and crisper then ever and i hope he can stir things up at MW for a bit. he just need to learn that striking to the body is very important.
moob
4/20/08 1:06:38PM
He looked impressive, no doubt - perhaps that may go some way (doubtful) to shut up all the Bisping haters both on here and in MMA in general.

Agreed with the previous poster that he should have went to the body when McCarthy was wide open.

Still, anyone for some humble pie, there's a lot here - plenty for everyone.
nickcuc547
4/20/08 1:08:19PM
the best bisping we've seen yet, the guy was light on his feet and quick, very skilled striker, i think he can make a splash in the division, but i don't think he needs another fight at middlweight before they give him a big test.
keith-hackney1
4/20/08 3:15:48PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i don't think he needs another fight at middlweight before they give him a big test.

I think maybe 5 impressive wins needed b4 he is to be classed in the top 5.
nickcuc547
4/20/08 3:37:29PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by nickcuc547

i don't think he needs another fight at middlweight before they give him a big test.

I think maybe 5 impressive wins needed b4 he is to be classed in the top 5.

i agree, i think they will give him a can in his next fight again, then somebody who is in the top 10-15 to see if he can hang, but in terms of being in the title picture he is a long ways away, but i wouldnt be surprised if he gets an undeserving shot because of his big name.
SerraLeben
4/20/08 3:51:53PM
I could easily see Bisping getting a title shot sooner then he should. Like mentioned above his big name is going to help him get there.. as long as he wins his next couple of fights. Leben vs Bisping would be a great fight. The thing about Leben is you can never count the guy out. He still has KO power even when he is heavily gassed, and he's always moving forward.
mrkennedy
4/20/08 4:03:32PM
bisping look very sharp and i hope he face rich it will be nice fight
seanfu
4/20/08 4:20:03PM
He looked spectacular but I doubt he has what it takes for a 3 rounder. He was in a sort of panic after the round when the ref didn't stop the fight.
He was fairly burnt out and lucky the the "Upset of the Night" Captain Miserable broke his arm and just overall had a terrible fight.

Bisping could be a tremendous threat but he just looked like a sustained performance even benieth that magnitude would not happen. Props to one of the most entertaining and gratifying fights I've seen though.

He looked like he was giving it to a heavybag.
blkssncpt
4/20/08 4:39:29PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Not typically a fan of Bisping, but he looks great and middleweight and i think he can make a real splash there... on another note it seems as if he has a PR guy now directing what he says after fights cause that was a different Bisping if you ask me

ps Bisping vs Leben would be a WAR

Bisping looks great at 185 cant wait to see more of him at this wieght....

-Rob
Rush
4/20/08 6:03:31PM
Bisping looked great. If he keeps fighting like that I think he can be in the top 5 of the division. Only time will tell.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 9:06:50AM
bisping did look better than ive seen him before. cant wait to see these new MWs bring something new to the division
gsquat
4/21/08 9:57:16AM
Despite the lack of skill or brain in his opponent, Bisping was obviously impressive and silenced a lot of the people who said they've never been impressed by him. His cardio was great at 205 and rediculous at 185. I really think Bisping is going to be a huge force in the MW division. I'd expect him to win against everyone in the MW div except Silva, and Hendo. I think he could take Franklin, Leben, or Okami. Very impressive and I can't wait to see more.
gartface
4/21/08 10:03:00AM

Posted by gsquat

Despite the lack of skill or brain in his opponent, Bisping was obviously impressive and silenced a lot of the people who said they've never been impressed by him. His cardio was great at 205 and rediculous at 185. I really think Bisping is going to be a huge force in the MW division. I'd expect him to win against everyone in the MW div except Silva, and Hendo. I think he could take Franklin, Leben, or Okami. Very impressive and I can't wait to see more.

Not so sure about his cardio at 205. If you watch that fight against Sinosic he gassed and quickly.
I don't like the guy personally, but I'm glad to see that he is doing well and bolstering the Middleweight division.