Bisping and Leben poll SPOILERS

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bisping and Leben poll SPOILERS
Next Page »
POLL: Who really won?
Bisping 75% (43)
Leben 25% (14)
haggiswashere
10/19/08 4:54:37AM
Everyone has been arguing about it so we might as well do a poll. who won the fight in your opinion?
Jlloyd
10/19/08 7:38:59AM
Bisping

I can't believe theres even a debate
haggiswashere
10/19/08 7:48:47AM
i thought it was closer than everyone thinks. i could have called it either way
dannyfrank
10/19/08 8:24:27AM
dude, as you can see by my avatar, i was hoping that leben won. but bisping won hands down. however, i think that it was 29-28 and not 30-27. to me it looked like bisping took the first 2 rounds and leben took the third
chop-socky-flix
10/19/08 8:34:40AM
Yeh i would defo agree with that. 29-28 bisping. Close all the way though. I reckon leben is gonna be sore today!
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 9:17:32AM
LOL at anyone who's saying Leben won.
Matimus
10/19/08 9:21:34AM
hahaha
cowcatcher
10/19/08 9:34:06AM

Posted by dannyfrank

dude, as you can see by my avatar, i was hoping that leben won. but bisping won hands down. however, i think that it was 29-28 and not 30-27. to me it looked like bisping took the first 2 rounds and leben took the third

thats exactly the way it looked to me too, i dont see a real reason for debate here.
Solidus
10/19/08 10:20:26AM
The only case you could make for Leben is the fact that he was coming forward the whole time, which doesnt mean much when you're face is all banged up in the end and your opponent doesnt even have a scratch.
hodge
10/19/08 11:01:58AM
are you serious what a stupid poll
Aaronno9
10/19/08 11:39:10AM
The mass dissapearance of Leben avatars and the fact theirs no "OMG UK judging sucks" threads says to me the majority agree with the decision. As do I.
mkiv9secsupra
10/19/08 12:00:55PM
Leben landed soo many more punches than Bisping so he won.......

Is this really even a debate?! Who is arguing this?
johnafirth
10/19/08 12:55:33PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Take a guess. It's a forum that is an anagram of Dogsher.

Here's the link:

Bisping/Leben thread

They truly are morons. Apparently aggression is more important than effective striking.
nickcuc547
10/19/08 1:04:11PM
I'm a little disgusted that this is even being questioned. Bisping picked Leben apart. If Leben wasn't tough as nails it would have been a lot more obvious. It was a fairly close fight, but not close enough to detest to the decision.
Solidus
10/19/08 1:31:54PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

They truly are morons. Apparently aggression is more important than effective striking.

Dear god... no kidding. I wouldnt believe people would be saying this crap without seeing it for myself.

People on sherdog have no opinion of their own, they just repeat the first thing that sounds good
nickcuc547
10/19/08 1:35:36PM

Posted by johnafirth

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Here's the link:

Bisping/Leben thread

ya these are the same guys that praised griffin (and rightfully so) for the exact same strategy against rampage. they are letting their hate for bisping cloud their judgment
DvS
10/19/08 1:41:32PM
I watched it again and again, I think Bisping fought a smart fight, played out his weak gameplan well and all, but I think it should have been a Split at least, a UD is just insulting for all that Leben did during that fight, he had octagon control, aggression, only takedown of the fight, alot of other things I'm sure I don't have to list for people to understand lol

I just really believe that Leben should have won, just because he didn't dance around and run from Bisping for 3 rounds. Since when do takedowns and octagon control not matter anymore? We all know there is bias since it is in the UK, there is no denying that no matter how much you like Bisping or think he won. You know if it happened in a place like Vegas it would have had a completely different outcome.

I didn't like Bisping and the way he fought, it made him look weak and it wasn't entertaining. Leben made the fight what it was. It was exciting because of him and him only

Flame away
cmill21
10/19/08 1:45:16PM

Posted by Solidus

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Dear god... no kidding. I wouldnt believe people would be saying this crap without seeing it for myself.

People on sherdog have no opinion of their own, they just repeat the first thing that sounds good

If that was true then Mark Hunt would never lose.
dannyfrank
10/19/08 1:53:01PM
i also dont know why everyone thought this fight was so boring. i thought it was great fight by both of 'em. leben laid down some heavy shots and bisping stayed on the defensive and popped leben in the face a good bit. it was a good tactical fighter v. brawler type match
Solidus
10/19/08 2:04:21PM

Posted by DvS

I watched it again and again, I think Bisping fought a smart fight, played out his weak gameplan well and all, but I think it should have been a Split at least, a UD is just insulting for all that Leben did during that fight, he had octagon control, aggression, only takedown of the fight, alot of other things I'm sure I don't have to list for people to understand lol

I just really believe that Leben should have won, just because he didn't dance around and run from Bisping for 3 rounds. Since when do takedowns and octagon control not matter anymore? We all know there is bias since it is in the UK, there is no denying that no matter how much you like Bisping or think he won. You know if it happened in a place like Vegas it would have had a completely different outcome.

I didn't like Bisping and the way he fought, it made him look weak and it wasn't entertaining. Leben made the fight what it was. It was exciting because of him and him only

Flame away

I take it you're not a Machida fan either
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 2:04:27PM

Posted by DvS

Flame away

To be honest mate i don't think anyone can be arsed arguing with you anymore lol, we all know Bisping deserved to win it so noone wants to waste their own time trying to get it into your head that Bisping deserved to win, oh well, everyone's different
moob
10/19/08 2:10:29PM

Posted by DvS

Flame away

Bisping landed far more clean strikes than Chris. He broke Leben's nose in the first round FFS.

The techique Bisping used was akin to the rope-a-dope without the ropes - he fought a near perfect fight against a guy who really only has one weapon - his left hand - Bisping moved and countered the whole fight - to great effect.

You really only need to look at Leben's face to get an idea of who was more effective with their striking - he looked like he was beaten up by a gang of guys with baseball bats.

There was no bias in the judges scoring - you're blinkered due to your hatred of Bisping and are no doubt one of the posters on here that do nothing but look for a way to insult the guy.
DvS
10/19/08 2:13:41PM

Posted by Solidus

Posted by DvS

Flame away

I take it you're not a Machida fan either

Machida I actually really enjoy watching to be honest. I can't say I cared for him and his "elusive" ways in the Tito fight

I just didn't like the way Bisping fought and I think Leben was the better man, that's all there is to it. My mind isn't changing about it anytime soon if ever
mkiv9secsupra
10/19/08 2:37:22PM
After i rewatched it Bisping clearly used Lebens reach as a weakness(ala Anderson, as Bisping said was a template). But Leben had ample opportunity to come forward after landing big shots. He would land a shot or two that didnt really rock Bisping but it still hurt him and Leben just stould there and let him recover! Obviously Leben knew Bisping wasnt going to put him to sleep so Leben should have been in there going for broke after he landed a hard shot on Bisping. But Bisping came in with a great gameplan, he used Lebens height and reach really effectively. Clearly Bisping won. either 30-27 or 29-28 for Bisping.

Leben really needs to be a WW but i doubt he will ever be able to cut that weight effectively.
Aaronno9
10/19/08 2:52:31PM

Posted by DvS

Flame away

I dont think machida ever fought in the u.k, yet hes still unbeaten and hes more elusive than bisping. So what makes you think judges in the U.S would score fights for machida if he uses those tactics, but not Mike?
stock
10/19/08 3:15:50PM
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Bisping won the fight.
Although, try re-watching the fight on mute. You get a much better feel for the fight (unbiased by Rogan/Goldy getting excitied every single time bisping throws a punch, regardless of it landing clean or not).

I just don't like anyone fighting that way. I want to see guys that are successful by wanting to finish the fight every time they go in the cage.
johnafirth
10/19/08 5:36:37PM

We all know there is bias since it is in the UK

That's where I stop paying attention. You base this on one fight, I take it, in Bisping/Hamill? One fight from seven shows (including UFC 38) with a dodgy decision, and it's now bias? You think the NSAC guys won't be paying attention to what the UFC does overseas? They aren't about to risk NSAC sanctioning just to let Bisping win.
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 5:55:22PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by DvS

Flame away

I dont think machida ever fought in the u.k

Machida fought at UFC 70 in Manchester, England against David Heath and won via Unanimous Decision.
imanidiot777
10/19/08 5:58:55PM

Posted by johnafirth

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Here's the link:

Bisping/Leben thread

Sherdog people are retarded, I thought that was a pretty good card to watch overall the Bisping vs. Leben fight and the Marcus Davis fight were really good. Vera and Jardine was quite boring at times but that was about it. Thank goodness I'm on this forum mostly and not Sherdog.
imanidiot777
10/19/08 6:00:55PM

Posted by DvS

Flame away

No there is no bias, Leben moved forward yes but that does not necessarily mean octagon control, he was being perfectly countered. And backing up is NOT running away, Bisping's strategy is not comparable to Starnes' running. Bisping landed FAR more blows and as you could see by Leben's face they were hurting.
Pages: [1] 2