UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
DvS
10/18/08 5:55:03PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by DvS

Leben smarter fighter, very calculated

I think that alone takes away the credibility of your post

Just look at how fluid and quick he was. You know damn well he won that fight. It was in England. That is the ONLY reason it swayed Bisping's way. They didn't want a riot at all.

I'm sure the smart fighter was Bisping in your eyes because he turned his back to Leben and tucked his tail between his legs and ran away the whole fight huh?
cmill21
10/18/08 5:56:23PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by cmill21

Lol those are the facts eh?

How can i tell you're canadian?

My dashing good looks?
DvS
10/18/08 5:57:45PM
Leben 29-28 Unan

Robbed.
candynuts
10/18/08 6:01:17PM

Posted by DvS

Leben 29-28 Unan

Robbed.

7/10, it made me chuckle..
tuvok500
10/18/08 6:01:36PM

Posted by DvS

Leben 29-28 Unan

Robbed.

Bisping was way too fast for Leben , Leben looked exactly like the old Leben except he was less aggressive !! LOL

DvS
10/18/08 6:05:10PM
I don't see how you guys think a running man won a fight. Bisping lost 90% of that fight. Honestly. He won the first round, after that second and third were 10-9 Leben. Getting the only takedown was reason enough to give Leben the round victory. If it was at least Split I would feel better, but Unan makes absolutely no sense. And it continues to show everybody how ass backwards the UFC judging is. As Dana always says, you can't ever let it go to the Judges. Especially in the UK against a posterboy being cheered by all of his fanboys.
juanez13
10/18/08 6:09:05PM

Posted by DvS

I don't see how you guys think a running man won a fight. Bisping lost 90% of that fight. Honestly. He won the first round, after that second and third were 10-9 Leben. Getting the only takedown was reason enough to give Leben the round victory. If it was at least Split I would feel better, but Unan makes absolutely no sense. And it continues to show everybody how ass backwards the UFC judging is. As Dana always says, you can't ever let it go to the Judges. Especially in the UK against a posterboy being cheered by all of his fanboys.

there is a big difference between running, and countering....

DvS
10/18/08 6:11:15PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by DvS

there is a big difference between running, and countering....

If you actually watched the fight, you would know that on multiple occasions, Bisping TURNED his back to Leben and ran away from him beside the cage
Wolfenstein
10/18/08 6:13:14PM
If there were a compustrike I bet Bisping landed at least two punches to Leben's one. It was closer than the score cards would leave you to believe, but I think Bisping squeezed out each round.

It seemed like Bisping landed flush just about every time Leben came storming in. Once again, always impressed with Leben's chin.
DvS
10/18/08 6:15:37PM
It was rigged man

We all know Dana wants Bisping as a coach for TUF 9 and can't afford him to be coming into it with a recent loss

Lamest thing to happen in MMA all year
keith-hackney1
10/18/08 6:15:42PM
Bisping clearly won the fight, but for me, was not too impressive. Props to leben, in my opinion, he went out in that fight with nothing loose. I'm a huge fan of bisping, what his celebrity status does for UK MMA is just unbelievable towards helping this sport become mainstream in our country, but if he is gonna challenge for the MW title one day, he has alot of work to do before he's anywhere near ready.
Bisping fought a smart fight, got the win and can move on to harder training now that he's got some world class athletes like kongo and rampage in his training camp.
Leben will bounce back, i dont believe he has changed his style much, from that performance he has taken a step back rather than forward. The only difference i saw in leben's game was he was abit more choosy when throwing strikes rather than his brawler-let it all hang out style that we have seen in the past.
Lebens physical appearance looks like he's lost some weight and replaced that with muscle, thats probably partly why he looked a little fatigued towards the end of that fight.
Props to bisping for keeping his cool under the pressures of fighting at home, always half the battle keeping your nerve in front of your home crowd.
A good fight for both these guys, not pretty by any means. Bisping wanted a win, he got it in a cool manner. Leben came in to entertain, he did that. No serious injuries so look forward to seeing them both back in the cage soon.
DvS
10/18/08 6:27:03PM
I want someone to tell me how he won, he certainly did not win all 3 rounds, and if you think so you're horribly wrong

I didn't know jabbing and backpedalling was so technical, especially as you are being hit more and being taken down and controlled by your opponent...

So come on, CONVINCE me that he won, give me some actual facts and things that he did that somehow were better than the things Leben did in that fight
MMAcca
10/18/08 6:29:01PM

Posted by DvS

It was rigged man

We all know Dana wants Bisping as a coach for TUF 9 and can't afford him to be coming into it with a recent loss

You will be banned before you hit 200 posts
MMAcca
10/18/08 6:29:49PM

Posted by DvS

Posted by juanez13

Posted by DvS

I think that alone takes away the credibility of your post

Just look at how fluid and quick he was. You know damn well he won that fight. It was in England. That is the ONLY reason it swayed Bisping's way. They didn't want a riot at all.

I'm sure the smart fighter was Bisping in your eyes because he turned his back to Leben and tucked his tail between his legs and ran away the whole fight huh?

I pity you
DvS
10/18/08 6:29:58PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by DvS

It was rigged man

You will be banned before you hit 200 posts

I don't care at this point to be honest.

And I'm not going to apologize for speaking my mind/the truth
jiujitsufreak74
10/18/08 6:36:29PM
i hope they don't ban DvS because i just veat him in an avatar bet. went 9-2, 84 points.
npayant
10/18/08 6:37:03PM

Posted by DvS

"And Leben gets screwed just like Hamill did, wonderful. Good job judges"

Ok, let's look at the facts here, this will without a doubt tell you that Leben won that fight

Leben aggressor, always moving towards/into Bisping
Leben has Bisping on the run multiple times
Leben landing more shots, punches and kicks
Leben escaped all of Bispings attempts for a takedown or clinch
Leben scored only takedown of the fight
Leben controlled him from that point
Leben used octagon control
Leben made Bisping look like a fool and Bisping couldn't even KO him with free punches/kicks

Bisping had NO takedowns during the actual rounds, he did not land as many shots in anyway like Leben did, he took no chances when it came to being the aggressor, and he basically plain and simply ran from Leben the majority of the fight. You can't deny any of that.

Leben won.

This is some of the funniest $h!t I've read all day!!!!!!!!

DvS
10/18/08 6:41:33PM
I don't know why all of you are so quick to go with the judges and not question a thing they do
Wolfenstein
10/18/08 6:45:10PM
That's cool. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

In my opinion Bisping landed the majority of punches and did the majority of damage. You can't always go by looks, but damn Leben's face was busted up.

Depending upon the judging, the fight could go either way. If you base the majority of your score on aggressiveness I could see it being scored for Leben. If you base a majority of your score on strikes landed then I think you go with Bisping.

How about we let cooler heads prevail and step away from our computers fr a bit lol. No one wnts to get banned for saying things in the heat of the moment and everyone has a very strong opinion (especially directly after a fight). Let it go for now, talk about the fight later when we're all a little less hyped up

npayant
10/18/08 6:46:23PM

Posted by DvS

I don't know why all of you are so quick to go with the judges and not question a thing they do

Hey, I'm usually the first one to question the judges!!

BUT not in this case. Bisping clearing won that fight (at least 29-28, but I could see a person giving him 30-27). He did more damage overall and landed more clean shots... Leben was just plain wild.

It seems like you're the only one thinking otherwise... I don't want to be a jerk, but could that be because Leben is one of your Fav. fighters and you picked him to win?!?
DvS
10/18/08 6:48:07PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by DvS

Hey, I'm usually the first one to question the judges!!

BUT not in this case. Bisping clearing won that fight (at least 29-28, but I could see a person giving him 30-27). He did more damage overall and landed more clean shots... Leben was just plain wild.

It seems like you're the only one thinking otherwise... I don't want to be a jerk, but could that be because Leben is one of your Fav. fighters and you picked him to win?!?

I went in to the fight with no bias, honestly. I went into it looking forward to what each of them would do. I had no expectations or anything from the opening bell to the end of the fight. I watched it and enjoyed every minute... Until that decision. But as I said in another thread in the UFC section, maybe when I watch it on a big clear TV tonight it will all be different and I might see things differently. Now I know what to look for in Bisping. I will be paying attention what he does this time around
tuvok500
10/18/08 6:51:20PM

Posted by DvS

Probably because i watched the fight live !!

Leben never came close to win this fight, the judges were right on perfectly, specially the 2 who were having 30-27.

It is not because Leben didn't get KO that he won the fight , he lost by being completely out boxed !!

move on man, you lost and it was not a bad call by the judges .

DvS
10/18/08 6:53:23PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by DvS

Probably because i watched the fight live !!

Leben never came close to win this fight, the judges were right on perfectly, specially the 2 who were having 30-27.

It is not because Leben didn't get KO that he won the fight , he lost by being completely out boxed !!

move on man, you lost and it was not a bad call by the judges .

I'll decide if I want to drop it after I see it on the "Tele" tonight
DustinT
10/18/08 6:54:45PM
when are the scores updated on the site here?
didnt do as well as i hoped....still not bad though. curious to see if i moved in the rankings much.

are they waiting until its aired on tv on the west coast to avoid spoiling it for others?
DvS
10/18/08 6:57:30PM
After it is shown on Spike here in the US I would imagine
juanez13
10/18/08 7:08:16PM
Dude everyone has the right to their own opinion, just dont act like yours are facts, because, well, they arent!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/18/08 7:13:14PM
I vote for banning dvs . Clearly a troll or just plain He doesn't chose to make picks for his record (most likely afraid of looking even more ) DVS try sherdog, plenty of your kind around there.
DvS
10/18/08 7:16:36PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I vote for banning dvs . Clearly a troll or just plain He doesn't chose to make picks for his record (most likely afraid of looking even more ) DVS try sherdog, plenty of your kind around there.

Why? Just because I think Leben won a fight that I couldn't even see clearly because it was some shitty stream? It's my opinion

Don't pull that Sherdog shit on me, I haven't been on there before and never will be. I just gave you a whole thread of Results/Discussion, I just spent the last few hours of my life dedicated to the event only. I don't see anything I did wrong here besides trying to better the forum and bring information and opportunity of discussion to everybody on it. That's such a bad thing isn't it

Point being, I will like whoever I want and I will think whatever I want, it's people like you who make me not want to think of Bisping in a good way, because basically everyone who likes him overexaggerates about him and are serious fanboys. I don't know what position you think you are in to say when somebody should or should not be banned
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/18/08 7:22:43PM
Dont you wonder why every single person in this thread has disagreed with you ? Don't you wonder why leben nodded and clapped his hands in agreement at the announcement of the decision? I'm glad you dont work for any athletic commisions.
DvS
10/18/08 7:25:33PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Dont you wonder why every single person in this thread has disagreed with you ? Don't you wonder why leben nodded and clapped his hands in agreement at the announcement of the decision? I'm glad you dont work for any athletic commisions.

No, I don't recall that. Maybe because I turned off the stream after Buffer said UD for Bisping out of frustration

I could careless if people disagree with me, it's my opinion and i'm sticking to it, until at least tonight that is. I'm going to give the fight another shot and see what I think of it then, this time I will be paying more attention to Bisping and what he does and see what I think

Everybody scores fights differently, you can't please everybody, not everybody see's fights the same way as everybody else, fact
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7