BISPING VS. LEBEN ADDED TO UFC 85 IN LONDON

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BISPING VS. LEBEN ADDED TO UFC 85 IN LONDON
Mchubb316
4/25/08 7:02:54PM
Amidst a flurry of activity this week, the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Friday officially confirmed the changing line-up for its return to London on June 7. UFC 85 underwent a hefty facelift this week, starting with a main event of Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans and ended with a new main event of Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves.

Source
juanez13
4/25/08 7:04:04PM
This event got alot better over the last few days. Good fights, im liking it Hope leben catches him with a Bigh right and put bisping to sleep
Mchubb316
4/25/08 7:06:43PM
bam383
4/25/08 7:13:09PM
Nice. I'm really glad they got this match added.

Whether you're a Leben fan or not, there's no doubt he brings it every fight. It takes a lot to bring Leben down, so if Bisping can score a finish in this fight, it should go a long way in raising his value as a contender.

If Leben wins, it's another quality win and hopefully keeps him in the UFC for years to come.
Mchubb316
4/25/08 7:16:59PM
If Bisping wins this fight, they should put him right in there with a top 10 guy, to see how good he really is at that weight. I don't think Leben is a slouch by no means, but I wanna see how he fares against Hendo or Franklin.
jgtribbett
4/25/08 7:17:48PM
i'm way more excited now than i was 2 weeks ago about this card.. thank god for hughes, bisbing, alves, and leben
owen1
4/25/08 7:21:37PM
Thats definately a great fight.2 guys who come to fight and both like to strike.Cant wait!!!
shawneth
4/25/08 7:28:54PM
When Liddell got injured all hopes of me purchasing this card we're gone, BUT NOW. Definitly getting it now.
Muay-Thai_Mogwai
4/25/08 7:58:24PM
Better, but still not sold
gravy13
4/25/08 8:31:04PM
This will be one of the hardest fights for me to pick. It's going to be a great fight.
tuvok500
4/25/08 8:36:29PM
I think Bisping will TKO Leben in rd 2 , maybe rd 1.

The guy is a real MW and he was very impressive in Montreal, i saw him live and the guy is no joke.

Bisping rd 2 TKO !!

xphycorx
4/25/08 8:53:06PM
wow this is crazy. this card went from being mediocre to one of the best cards ever. don't agree? look at this:

MAIN CARD:
alves/hughes
bisping/leben
vera/werdum
evans/irvin
davis/swick

...and the marquardt/leites fight is also pretty sweet. GOOD JOB MR. SILVA! the fans in england will surely not be disappointed now..
Lindsey711
4/25/08 9:10:07PM
Im excited to see Matt Hughes fighting this soon after his loss to GSP. I'm looking for him to redeem himself... Should be a good one!
Ordep
4/25/08 9:32:22PM
Hopefully Irvin KO Rashad really quick so we get to see Kampmann-Rivera and Leites-Marquardt
jiujitsufreak74
4/25/08 11:08:42PM
This main card is solid...more solid then a lot of the others have been in the past. however it is missing the one big draw if you know what i mean. it is still a great card and it looks very explosive with great match-ups and i will most definitely be watching it.
Twenty20Dollars
4/25/08 11:51:06PM
Bisping cant match the power of leben or the iron chin. Leben rocks bisping in the second and finishes it via ground n pound. Bisping's chin will be tested in this fight. Oh yeah!
kevietre
4/26/08 1:24:12AM
Leben looked more mature in his fight against Martin but went back to the old Leben against Sakara with that reckless style. I think we need to see the more mature and patient Leben if he wants to win this fight otherwise Bispings accuracy will catch Leben if he's swinging wildly.
MMAcca
4/26/08 1:29:19AM
Anybody think this will end in a submission....... ?
RMFG_187
4/26/08 1:58:34AM
still not buying PPV. gonna watch on MMA-TV
prozacnation1978
4/26/08 2:09:57AM
might actually be best pay per view so far this year, i can't believe the marquadt fight did not make the main card,
jae_1833
4/26/08 3:06:41AM
Yeah that is total BS....

I bet Leban KO's Bisping, I think Bisping will play it safe and try to outpoint him, then he will hit/hurt Leben who's reaction will make him get the KO of the night bonus!
buryyourdead
4/26/08 3:24:11AM
Gotta love Leben. Alotta people hated on him because of his show antics. Then he started putting on some crazy fights (Martin, Sakara, and i think he shoulda got the D over Starnes). But even on the show you could tell the dude loved to fight. His styles a little wild being that he lets himself get rocked in order to give a shot. But goddamn is it entertaining. Hey it's no Chuck vs. Shogun but it could be worse. Show me Edgar vs. Huerta and I'm sold.
CornishMMA
4/26/08 2:02:33PM
That is CRAZY NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously didnt expect Hughes to fight! And not Alves thats for damn sure, im worried Hughes can outwrestler Thiago and a legit contender is spoiled

But the Bisping Leben fight was good enough to be the main event imo without the need for that fight, its gonna be a brawl and Bispings chin will be tested, if he got rocked by a Hamill jab he is gonna be in trouble of Leben lands, but Bisping is more technical and i can see a UD win for Bisping based on how good he looked striking against Chainsaw
JBatch
4/26/08 3:37:40PM
Lets get ready for some slangin and bangin. Oh baby Leben by KO.
hodge
4/26/08 7:39:01PM
This card is the bomb i was so pissed when i found out that Liddell was injured but props to Dana and Joe Silva for saving us. I think the card might actually be stronger now than it was before.
bullettdodger
4/27/08 4:07:47AM
I really want to see the Kampman fight... i hope that makes it... some gets a quick KO... hopefully some one i picked
DuncanFan819
4/27/08 6:05:40AM
Great addition. With Leben being "the gatekeeper," this should let us know on which side of the fence Bisping belongs on.
Ben_Hutch
4/27/08 6:06:32AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Bisping cant match the power of leben or the iron chin. Leben rocks bisping in the second and finishes it via ground n pound. Bisping's chin will be tested in this fight. Oh yeah!

That will never happen. Bisping will destroy leben.