Bisping Haters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bisping Haters
« Previous Page
moob
10/20/08 7:09:09AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by nickcuc547

everybody was saying he wouldn't beat leben and he did, pretty much every fight he fought eveybody said he would lose and he keeps proving people wrong.

Id like to point out, the only time Bisping wasnt the favorite on this site was against rashad. And 4/5 times bisping opponents were an underdog on this site.

Indeed, and there are plenty of people sporting Leben avatars who bet that Bisping would win - that doesn't change the fact they dislike the guy and come on here and trash talk about him, it's all about points to most.

So, you're point is irrelevant.
Aaronno9
10/20/08 10:31:17AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by nickcuc547

everybody was saying he wouldn't beat leben and he did, pretty much every fight he fought eveybody said he would lose and he keeps proving people wrong.

Id like to point out, the only time Bisping wasnt the favorite on this site was against rashad. And 4/5 times bisping opponents were an underdog on this site.

I think the thing is people love to talk trash on Bisping, and when one person posts they think he'll loose, everybody else starts doing it all all the bisping haters sit round proping each other, when really they've all actually picked Mike to win the fight.
Aaronno9
10/20/08 10:39:09AM

Posted by H

Forrest Griffin gets a lot of decisions too, but he fights all out, and with heart, I don't see that with Bisping, he seems very safe, and afraid to engage...

Well, for starters, Bisping doesnt get a lot of decision wins. Out of 17 wins, hes finished 15 fights, which is an pretty incredible percentage, possibly better than anderson silvas, i cant be bothered to do the math.

Mabeys you should think about that since this isnt the first time you've posted making out Bisping always goes for Decisions.

Back on point, Forrest fought similar to Bisping against Rampage, with alot more kicks. He picked a shot, then moved back, picked a shot, then moved back. Rinse and repeat. The few times he "engaged" he got rocked. He won using a smart gameplan involving lots of movement and kicks. But its ok for Forrest to do that, becouse he trains with Randy so it was obviously an awesome gameplan. Bisping does it, who you dont like, and hes a coward.

Really feel like reading some posts from people whos clear dislike for Bisping is making them post absolute uneducated garbage not even worthy of sherdog.
KINGJAMES
10/20/08 11:02:35AM
It's funny how people question Bisping's heart by not going for the kill against a guy who's damn near impossible to knock out, yet nobody questions Hendo's heart for not going to the ground with Palhares.
moob
10/20/08 11:13:32AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by H

Forrest Griffin gets a lot of decisions too, but he fights all out, and with heart, I don't see that with Bisping, he seems very safe, and afraid to engage...

Well, for starters, Bisping doesnt get a lot of decision wins. Out of 17 wins, hes finished 15 fights, which is an pretty incredible percentage, possibly better than anderson silvas, i cant be bothered to do the math.

Mabeys you should think about that since this isnt the first time you've posted making out Bisping always goes for Decisions.

Back on point, Forrest fought similar to Bisping against Rampage, with alot more kicks. He picked a shot, then moved back, picked a shot, then moved back. Rinse and repeat. The few times he "engaged" he got rocked. He won using a smart gameplan involving lots of movement and kicks. But its ok for Forrest to do that, becouse he trains with Randy so it was obviously an awesome gameplan. Bisping does it, who you dont like, and hes a coward.

Really feel like reading some posts from people whos clear dislike for Bisping is making them post absolute uneducated garbage not even worthy of sherdog.

Shame I can only prop you once for that post - very well put, particularly the Forrest/Rampage comparison.
stock
10/20/08 12:40:45PM

Posted by Aaronno9

It really cracks me up to see people putting Bisping down becouse he didnt go toe to toe with Leben. Its like criticising somebody for not going to the ground with damian maia, or backing out of a clinch with anderson.

Doing that doesnt make you a warrior, it makes you an idiot. It also makes your camp look totally stupid for telling you to do that.

It has nothing to do with him not going toe-to-toe.
It's the fact that he is perfectly content winning decisions and had absolutely no plan to finish Leben.

Bisping did not have to "brawl" to win. He could have put together some better combinations and at several of occasions could have went in for the finish.
He didn't. His gameplan was to win by decision.

So he won. Congrats!
I don't believe that makes you marketable in the UFC.
I also don't see how the way he won is any more exciting than the way Sherk wins fights (which he takes much more crap for).
Ben_Hutch
10/20/08 12:46:49PM

Posted by stock

Posted by Aaronno9

It really cracks me up to see people putting Bisping down becouse he didnt go toe to toe with Leben. Its like criticising somebody for not going to the ground with damian maia, or backing out of a clinch with anderson.

Doing that doesnt make you a warrior, it makes you an idiot. It also makes your camp look totally stupid for telling you to do that.

It's the fact that he is perfectly content winning decisions and had absolutely no plan to finish Leben.

Bisping did not have to "brawl" to win. He could have put together some better combinations and at several of occasions could have went in for the finish.

So he won. Congrats!
I also don't see how the way he won is any more exciting than the way Sherk wins fights (which he takes much more crap for).

Good joke.
Aaronno9
10/20/08 12:56:26PM

Posted by stock

Posted by Aaronno9

So he won. Congrats!

Lebens been finished twice, once by one of the best JJ practitioners in the division, once by the best striker in mma. Planning on finishing him is ignorant becouse chances are it aint gona happen unless you get him to the mat, which Bisping wasnt able to do.
Pitbullpeebs
10/20/08 1:01:20PM
People keep piping up about the way Bisping fought, but doesn't Liddell fight like that all the time? no one ever criticize's his style!
moob
10/20/08 1:15:50PM

Posted by stock

What part of the fact that in 17 wins, he only has 2 by way of decision can't you understand?
stock
10/20/08 1:37:03PM

Posted by moob

Posted by stock

What part of the fact that in 17 wins, he only has 2 by way of decision can't you understand?

It's the fact that in the post fight interview he explained that his game plan was to win via unanimous decision.

I like the normal Bisping, and was really hoping for him to showcase his superior kickboxking skills against Leben.
It didn't happen, because he was afraid to lose, I guess?
moob
10/20/08 1:47:06PM

Posted by stock

Posted by moob

Posted by stock

It's the fact that in the post fight interview he explained that his game plan was to win via unanimous decision.

I like the normal Bisping, and was really hoping for him to showcase his superior kickboxking skills against Leben.

You said

he is perfectly content winning decisions
- in this case, yeah he was - so perhaps you phrased it incorrectly?

I like to see Bisping fight his normal style too, but I also (unlike many idiots on here) like to see him win - for that reason alone, he couldn't and shouldn't have attempted to trade with Leben - who's only weapon is a clubbing left hand - why would he put himself into a position where he fights to his opponents strengths?
KINGJAMES
10/20/08 1:47:40PM

Posted by stock

Posted by moob

Posted by stock

This thread is pathetic
Ben_Hutch
10/20/08 3:08:11PM

Posted by stock

Posted by moob

Posted by stock

As Aaron said previously, why is it that when Forrest fought this way against Rampage it was a superb move on his behalf, yet when Bisping does it it's "boring" and mean he only wants to win via unanimous decision?
gsquat
10/20/08 5:26:58PM
I've never been a hater, but rather an advocate for Bisping's talent. That is exactly how I thought that fight would go. That's why I think he'll be able to eek out a decision against Franklin, but will be decisioned by Hendo. If he makes it to Silva, he could go the distance, but cannot beat him. Not as he is now anyway.
CwB
10/20/08 8:34:41PM
to this thread, i just got done going through all the trash talking and one thing is clear to me

half of everyone is happy with bisping fight plan, using footwork to pick his shots in route to a decesion victory

and

half of everyone is unhappy with bisping not having a fight plan which included a KO, Submission, or TKO

i personally support bispings fight plan but that doesnt matter

MY POINT IS

there have been many arguments supporting both causes so if you believe one then accept it that the other guy might believe the other and leave it at that...

this thread is starting to remind me of the ufc vs pride threads where everyone was so set in there own beliefs that any other opinion was ridiculous...

I think this thread has created some anger between some members that i dont see dying anytime soon so congrats to everyone who lost there temper on this thread.

What ever happened to respecting others opinions

AND ONE MORE THING
you dont have to quote every single time...
dannyfrank
10/20/08 8:58:42PM

Posted by CwB

to this thread, i just got done going through all the trash talking and one thing is clear to me

half of everyone is happy with bisping fight plan, using footwork to pick his shots in route to a decesion victory

and

half of everyone is unhappy with bisping not having a fight plan which included a KO, Submission, or TKO

i personally support bispings fight plan but that doesnt matter

MY POINT IS

there have been many arguments supporting both causes so if you believe one then accept it that the other guy might believe the other and leave it at that...

this thread is starting to remind me of the ufc vs pride threads where everyone was so set in there own beliefs that any other opinion was ridiculous...

I think this thread has created some anger between some members that i dont see dying anytime soon so congrats to everyone who lost there temper on this thread.

What ever happened to respecting others opinions

AND ONE MORE THING
you dont have to quote every single time...

yeah, i gave up on this thread a while ago. no one will listen to the other side of the argument
Jackelope
10/20/08 9:19:47PM
Jeez... there's so much rule breaking on this thread that I'm not even going to try to go through the thread and edit it all out. As a moderator I'll say this- Blatant name calling and flame war starting isn't supported on this site.

As a fan I'll say this- The fact is that Bisping implemented a smart game plan. Leben has an iron chin and a powerful punch. Staying away from that punch and not getting caught up in a brawl were the two most important things Bisping could have done to win that fight. Sure enough- he did it.

It takes a special kind of fighter maturity to know there's no way you're going to finish someone and that you need to stick to a gameplan in order to get the win. Personally I feel like Bisping deserves props for that. And no, I'm not from England or an english nut hugger.

Leben will be back. He always puts on impressive fights. No worries there.
Pages: 1 2 [3]