Bisping Haters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bisping Haters
Next Page »
nickcuc547
10/19/08 1:14:11PM
Still want to jump all over him. He looked pretty good again last night in picking apart a much improved and ever tough Chris Leben. Now I don't think he cracked the top 10 with that win but he's one win away. I know everybody was going to say he didn't come close to finishing, but he won hands down and didn't brawl with the brawler. Smart game plan by Bisping showing he has a lot in his arsenal. Looks like Guida was wrong calling him overrated.
dannyfrank
10/19/08 1:24:12PM
dude, im not a bisping fan, but i totally agree with you. he realized his limitations and fought a smart fight. most people are complaining that he was boring or whatever, but it was obvious that he had studied leben's past fights and came in there with the perfect game plan to face him. i think this fight made me believe that bisping is an even better fighter because he adapted his fighting style in order to beat his opponent. i say good job and props to bisping
Bowen50
10/19/08 1:29:35PM
props to Bisping for fighting a very smart fight. i agree that Bisping is one win away from being top 10 but that win has to come against the winner of Henderson Vs. Franklin and frankly Bisping will, in my opinion, get demolished by either one of those guys, ESPECIALLY Henderson.
nickcuc547
10/19/08 1:32:44PM

Posted by dannyfrank

dude, im not a bisping fan, but i totally agree with you. he realized his limitations and fought a smart fight. most people are complaining that he was boring or whatever, but it was obvious that he had studied leben's past fights and came in there with the perfect game plan to face him. i think this fight made me believe that bisping is an even better fighter because he adapted his fighting style in order to beat his opponent. i say good job and props to bisping

ya leben is tough as nails. bisping hit him a lot and leben was hurt maybe once. the dumbest thing he could have done was brawl with him because he wouldn't have stood a chance.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/19/08 1:41:07PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by dannyfrank

ya leben is tough as nails. bisping hit him a lot and leben was hurt maybe once. the dumbest thing he could have done was brawl with him because he wouldn't have stood a chance.

he never went away from his gameplan & moved very well

bisping looked machida-like last night

dannyfrank
10/19/08 1:41:30PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by dannyfrank

exactly
cmb19932
10/19/08 2:26:55PM
he had a good stratagey but i think he lost
stock
10/19/08 3:09:45PM
He may have had a good strategy, although it isn't any more exciting than a LnP victory.

I would pay more money any day to watch Leben fight again rather than Bisping. At least Leben goes into the ring with the intention of finishing a fight.
I am not sure who to put against Bisping next, as I don't think he could finish any fighters in the top 10.
Maybe the loser of the Silva/Cote fight.

Or put him against Okami for the rights to the next title shot.
nickcuc547
10/19/08 3:14:56PM

Posted by stock

He may have had a good strategy, although it isn't any more exciting than a LnP victory.

I would pay more money any day to watch Leben fight again rather than Bisping. At least Leben goes into the ring with the intention of finishing a fight.
I am not sure who to put against Bisping next, as I don't think he could finish any fighters in the top 10.

he's fighting the winner of franklin vs. hendo. and bisping does finish fights, he has gone to a decision three times in his career. i agree last night's fight wasn't that exciting but the guy isn't dumb enough to stand in front of a guy like leben. kenny florian got the same treatment after the huerta fight and it's a joke. they both proved that they were better fighters than their opponents but the matchup called for them to fight the way they did, it's called intelligence. Now I sometimes agree when people rip machida because he is boring in eveery fight even if he is smart and very effective, but that's not the case with bisping and florian, they usually bring it, the matchup just called for a different strategy in their last fights.
moob
10/19/08 3:53:54PM
To the OP - good post, but you're fighting a losing battle on here - the haters will always find something to criticise with Bisping - this time they don't like his tactics - what next, his haircut?
Kracker_Jap
10/19/08 3:56:52PM
Props to Bisping......

Still not a fan..... Would eat poop before I drank a beer with him
tdietel01
10/19/08 3:57:01PM
saying someone is a boring fighter because his gameplan called for it is dumb. I am sure a win is alot more important to him than an "exciting fight" it is like complaining that a football team won because they ran the ball well instead of airing it out. winning is the only part of a game
moob
10/19/08 4:00:13PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Props to Bisping......

Still not a fan..... Would eat poop before I drank a beer with him

I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Like anyone cares.
bullettdodger
10/19/08 4:08:13PM

Posted by moob

To the OP - good post, but you're fighting a losing battle on here - the haters will always find something to criticise with Bisping - this time they don't like his tactics - what next, his haircut?

Bisping without a doubt has the worst haircut i've ever seen... i bet he does it himself
moob
10/19/08 4:12:40PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by moob

Bisping without a doubt has the worst haircut i've ever seen... i bet he does it himself

Shame on you, shame!

PS: Did you like Chris' hairdo better?
tomsmith17381
10/19/08 4:14:44PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Still want to jump all over him. He looked pretty good again last night in picking apart a much improved and ever tough Chris Leben. Now I don't think he cracked the top 10 with that win but he's one win away. I know everybody was going to say he didn't come close to finishing, but he won hands down and didn't brawl with the brawler. Smart game plan by Bisping showing he has a lot in his arsenal. Looks like Guida was wrong calling him overrated.

mate i came on the forum to right this exact same thread you beat me to it. Bisping is King all the haters know it deep down.
tdietel01
10/19/08 4:22:44PM
ooooooohhhhh KING? he is getting close but i wouldnt go that far lol. I admit i am a hater. but i will admit he is good. unfortunately for him he is in silva's weight class.
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 6:00:14PM

Posted by tdietel01

ooooooohhhhh KING? he is getting close but i wouldnt go that far lol. I admit i am a hater. but i will admit he is good. unfortunately for him he is in silva's weight class.

Can I ask why you're a hater?
haggiswashere
10/19/08 6:46:55PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by stock

he's fighting the winner of franklin vs. hendo. and bisping does finish fights, he has gone to a decision three times in his career. i agree last night's fight wasn't that exciting but the guy isn't dumb enough to stand in front of a guy like leben. kenny florian got the same treatment after the huerta fight and it's a joke. they both proved that they were better fighters than their opponents but the matchup called for them to fight the way they did, it's called intelligence. Now I sometimes agree when people rip machida because he is boring in eveery fight even if he is smart and very effective, but that's not the case with bisping and florian, they usually bring it, the matchup just called for a different strategy in their last fights.

imo those were the only three impressive opponants though. he can finish cans but just not high level fighters.
haggiswashere
10/19/08 6:49:11PM

Posted by tomsmith17381

Posted by nickcuc547

mate i came on the forum to right this exact same thread you beat me to it. Bisping is King all the haters know it deep down.

maybe the haters in england........ but in america alot of us still hate him. i hate him more for the way he fought
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 6:54:59PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by tomsmith17381

Posted by nickcuc547

maybe the haters in england........ but in america alot of us still hate him. i hate him more for the way he fought

What did you expect Bisping to do? Have a slugfest with Leben? Why would he do that?!?! We all know Leben has KO power and a great chin so why on earth would Bisping take a huge risk and try to trade punch-for-punch with him?

Bisping fought a very smart fight, and in this case he worked against Leben and this meant moving away, this doesn't mean Bisping is going to move backwards in all his fights, but it was the right thing to do against Leben.

I really don't understand how you can "hate" Bisping for the way he fought last night.
haggiswashere
10/19/08 7:04:44PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by tomsmith17381

Posted by nickcuc547

What did you expect Bisping to do? Have a slugfest with Leben? Why would he do that?!?! We all know Leben has KO power and a great chin so why on earth would Bisping take a huge risk and try to trade punch-for-punch with him?

Bisping fought a very smart fight, and in this case he worked against Leben and this meant moving away, this doesn't mean Bisping is going to move backwards in all his fights, but it was the right thing to do against Leben.

I really don't understand how you can "hate" Bisping for the way he fought last night.

BECAUSE HE DIDN"T FIGHT!!! he came with the intention on just doing enough to get the desision. Maybe you guys over there call it something good but over here a guy who does just enough is a halfasser! he is terrified of leben and found a way to get the win with out fighting him. leben has him beat in striking and the ground game.

EDIT: BTW i can't wait til hendo or franklin exposes him to you guys.
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 7:18:33PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by tomsmith17381

Posted by nickcuc547

BECAUSE HE DIDN"T FIGHT!!! he came with the intention on just doing enough to get the desision. Maybe you guys over there call it something good but over here a guy who does just enough is a halfasser! he is terrified of leben and found a way to get the win with out fighting him. leben has him beat in striking and the ground game.

"Bisping didn't fight!" What? So the only way to "fight" is to go toe-to-toe with a guy? Can't you understand that Bisping fought a smart fight? If that's all you like I suggest you stick to watching Kimbo Slice.

I guess Machida doesn't fight either then? You're watching Mixed Martial Arts, not a street brawl.

Bisping just did enough to win the decision? Not really, he won the unanimous decision and anyone who knows anything about MMA would admit that Bisping won.

Bisping's a "halfasser", that's a joke, I don't even need to say why Bisping isn't a "halfasser", that's just a f"cking insult

Bisping is "terrified" of Leben? If that was true he wouldn't have taken the fight.

Go back to sherdog.
FrankTheTank1181
10/19/08 7:22:51PM
I think it's pretty obvious why Bisping chose not to fight, he didn't wanna get knocked out in front of his family. I mean even when Leben came at him with his hands down he didn't even hit him, that had me laughin' pretty good.
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 7:27:33PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

I think it's pretty obvious why Bisping chose not to fight, he didn't wanna get knocked out in front of his family. I mean even when Leben came at him with his hands down he didn't even hit him, that had me laughin' pretty good.

Why take the risk of getting KO'd when you have the decision in the bag with 10 seconds left? Bisping 'aint stupid.
FrankTheTank1181
10/19/08 7:41:16PM
I'm not saying he was wrong for doing it, I'm just sayin'.
postman
10/19/08 7:41:53PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Fight was over no need to try to get the KO or knock down when you know you won. But I would have liked to see Bisping put some combos together off the horriable leg kicks Leban was trowing. Every time leben trew one he had his hands below his waist. I would have liked to see Bisping at least one time trow a counter to that but he road out the decision so can doubt him for that.
dannyfrank
10/19/08 7:57:32PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by tomsmith17381

Posted by nickcuc547

you know what i say: "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"
haggiswashere
10/19/08 8:16:04PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by tomsmith17381

Posted by nickcuc547

"Bisping didn't fight!" What? So the only way to "fight" is to go toe-to-toe with a guy? Can't you understand that Bisping fought a smart fight? If that's all you like I suggest you stick to watching Kimbo Slice.

I guess Machida doesn't fight either then? You're watching Mixed Martial Arts, not a street brawl.

Bisping just did enough to win the decision? Not really, he won the unanimous decision and anyone who knows anything about MMA would admit that Bisping won.

Bisping's a "halfasser", that's a joke, I don't even need to say why Bisping isn't a "halfasser", that's just a f"cking insult

Bisping is "terrified" of Leben? If that was true he wouldn't have taken the fight.

Go back to sherdog.

anybody with an opinion wanna discuss? or just english nutthuggers? AND I ADMITTED LIKE THREE TIMES ALREADY BISPING WON!!!!!! IT WAS THE WAY HE WON THAT BOTHERED ME!!!!!! now that i wrote it big will you listen?
CwB
10/19/08 8:34:10PM
I will discuss it with you cause i disagree with you, to me bisping used technique against a brawler in leben and executed a perfect game plan to counter lebens KO power and Iron chin.

when you watch other bisping fights he does not back pedal and use his footwork to pick his shots. In his other fights he is normally pretty agressive.

if your argument is that you do not like the style he used to fight leben well then how else could bisping of won that fight, he might of been able to take it to the ground and try and ground n pound for the stoppage but you saw how well leben was stuffing the takedowns.
Pages: [1] 2 3