Bisping vs Hamill - Play by Play

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bisping vs Hamill - Play by Play
Djbb
11/9/07 8:15:23PM
Alright, so I figured I'd settle the Bisping vs Hamill thing once and for all, or atleast attempt to. Here is my unbiased play by play of the fight. Yes, I literally paused the fight and wrote down every notable punch / takedown.

Round 1-

4:49 - Both are trading punches with noone landing anything significant
4:38 - Hamill catches Bisping in a standing headlock but Bisping escapes
4:35 - Bisping kicks Hamill's arms, Hamill throws and misses another jab
4:33 - Hamill misses a flying knee
4:19 - Bisping lands a low inside kick
4:05 - Bisping kicks Hamill in the chest but falls down in the process, Hamill jumps on top of him
4:02 - Some basic ground wrestling with Hamill throwing a few punches, lands maybe 1 or 2 out of the half dozen
3:58 - Both stand up, some more circling eachother with bunches of missed jabs from both parties
3:46 - Bisping lands a light jab, Hamill lands a left hook
2:40 Bisping attempts a low kick but Hamill catches it and puts Bisping in another standing headlock against the cage, throws some half-hearted punches to the body
2:20 - Bisping escapes the headlock, some more circling eachother (yawn)
2:04 - Hamill rocks Bisping's face, Bisping stumbles backwards, Hamill throws some more punches but misses every single one of them
1:59 - Hamill catches Bisping in another standing headlock
1:56 - Bisping escapes, Rogan comments that Bisping is visibly cut
1:44 - Both throw and land punches at the same time
0:45 - Bisping throws some punches to Hamill's forearms
0:38 - Bisping lands a nice left hook to Hamill's head
0:26 - Some more trading, Bisping lands another left hook
0:19 - Hamill throws a punch, Bisping stumbles again
0:10 - Hamill catches Bisping in another standing headlock and pushes Bisping to the ground as the round ends. Ding ding ding. (yawn)

Round 2

4:35 - Bisping punches Hamill's forehead
4:31 - Bisping lands a leg kick but Hamill takes him down, some basic ground wrestling and dryhumping from both of them
3:30 - They stand and trade some more blows
3:05 - Rogan comments that although Hamill took Bisping down, he did nothing significant. This one comment sums up the entire fight. They circle eachother some more, which also sums up the fight.
2:33 - Hamill backs Bisping against the cage and lands a nice elbow during some more trading
2:01 - Hamill shoots for and succeeds with a takedown, but Bisping stands right back up with Hamill catching him in yet another standing headlock
1:46 - Bisping escapes the headlock and dances away before throwing some more shots at Hamill's arms / elbows
1:00 - Rogan comments that Hamill isn't dominating like he did in round 1
0:50 to 0:00 - More trading with noone gaining the upperhand. Round ends as they eye-hump eachother.

Round 3

4:40 - More trading, Bisping lands a solid combo
4:39 - Hamill shoots for and fails a takedown
4:22 - Hamill shoots and fails again
3:49 - Bisping lands a decent right hand
3:40 - Hamill fails ANOTHER takedown
3:08 - Hamill finalls takes Bisping down against the cage but nothing even remotely exciting happens other than Bisping trying for an armbar and Hamill rubbing his face affectionately against Bisping's stomach.
2:04 - They both stand, Bisping misses a huge left hook
1:48 - Bisping lands a knee to Hamill's forehead
1:46 - Hamill takes Bisping down again
0:56 - Bisping rubs his crotch against Hamill's face
0:43 - Hamill throws some hammerfists to the back of Bisping's head
0:28 - Bisping wrestles his way out
0:15 Lots of tired trading, neither gaining the upperhand until
0:10 - Bisping lands a nice CroCop-ish kick to Hamill's head
0:03 - Hamill shoots for a takedown, fails, Bisping lands a punch to the side of Hamill's head.

End of round 3. In conclusion, the fact you guys are arguing over such a ******* boring fight that was probably more a draw than anything is completely retarded.

Judge for Yourself
cmill21
11/9/07 8:22:25PM
Yeah to me that was all hamil. I hate hamil and like Bisping so i'm not being bias.
tuvok500
11/9/07 8:28:18PM
Hamill all the way !!!

worst decision EVER !! LOL

Aaronno9
11/9/07 8:32:43PM
First time ive re-watched the fight, and it was actually alot closer than i first remembered it to be. Id still say hammil edged it, but its no were near as dominant as what people like to try and make it out to be.
tuvok500
11/9/07 8:37:44PM

Posted by Aaronno9

First time ive re-watched the fight, and it was actually alot closer than i first remembered it to be. Id still say hammil edged it, but its no were near as dominant as what people like to try and make it out to be.

it is not that we or i try to make it a more dominant fight, but when almost everybody in your country are booing the decision, it is clear that they saw the same fight of me and that there favorite fighter is running aways with a non-sence victory !!! LOL

Aaronno9
11/9/07 9:18:58PM
You obviously didnt hear the roar that went up after the desicion if you think people were booing mike. Anyways, why would anybody boo him? did he get out of the cage and threaten to beat the judges if the didnt give him the desicion? no. Its not his fault the judges made a bad call, but at the end of the day im not trying to justify the desicion or anything, im just saying, i dont think it was nearly as dominant as i first thought it was after i rewatched it
tuvok500
11/9/07 9:41:44PM

Posted by Aaronno9

You obviously didnt hear the roar that went up after the desicion if you think people were booing mike. Anyways, why would anybody boo him? did he get out of the cage and threaten to beat the judges if the didnt give him the desicion? no. Its not his fault the judges made a bad call, but at the end of the day im not trying to justify the desicion or anything, im just saying, i dont think it was nearly as dominant as i first thought it was after i rewatched it

alright they were not booing they were just stunned by the decision !!

and after that they were booing when Bisping was speaking about how good he was and how he have supposely destroyed Hamill with his so call superiority !!!

Scott_Revels
11/9/07 10:43:11PM

Posted by Djbb

Alright, so I figured I'd settle the Bisping vs Hamill thing once and for all, or atleast attempt to. Here is my unbiased play by play of the fight. Yes, I literally paused the fight and wrote down every notable punch / takedown.

Round 1-

4:49 - Both are trading punches with noone landing anything significant
4:38 - Hamill catches Bisping in a standing headlock but Bisping escapes
4:35 - Bisping kicks Hamill's arms, Hamill throws and misses another jab
4:33 - Hamill misses a flying knee
4:19 - Bisping lands a low inside kick
4:05 - Bisping kicks Hamill in the chest but falls down in the process, Hamill jumps on top of him
4:02 - Some basic ground wrestling with Hamill throwing a few punches, lands maybe 1 or 2 out of the half dozen
3:58 - Both stand up, some more circling eachother with bunches of missed jabs from both parties
3:46 - Bisping lands a light jab, Hamill lands a left hook
2:40 Bisping attempts a low kick but Hamill catches it and puts Bisping in another standing headlock against the cage, throws some half-hearted punches to the body
2:20 - Bisping escapes the headlock, some more circling eachother (yawn)
2:04 - Hamill rocks Bisping's face, Bisping stumbles backwards, Hamill throws some more punches but misses every single one of them
1:59 - Hamill catches Bisping in another standing headlock
1:56 - Bisping escapes, Rogan comments that Bisping is visibly cut
1:44 - Both throw and land punches at the same time
0:45 - Bisping throws some punches to Hamill's forearms
0:38 - Bisping lands a nice left hook to Hamill's head
0:26 - Some more trading, Bisping lands another left hook
0:19 - Hamill throws a punch, Bisping stumbles again
0:10 - Hamill catches Bisping in another standing headlock and pushes Bisping to the ground as the round ends. Ding ding ding. (yawn)

Round 2

4:35 - Bisping punches Hamill's forehead
4:31 - Bisping lands a leg kick but Hamill takes him down, some basic ground wrestling and dryhumping from both of them
3:30 - They stand and trade some more blows
3:05 - Rogan comments that although Hamill took Bisping down, he did nothing significant. This one comment sums up the entire fight. They circle eachother some more, which also sums up the fight.
2:33 - Hamill backs Bisping against the cage and lands a nice elbow during some more trading
2:01 - Hamill shoots for and succeeds with a takedown, but Bisping stands right back up with Hamill catching him in yet another standing headlock
1:46 - Bisping escapes the headlock and dances away before throwing some more shots at Hamill's arms / elbows
1:00 - Rogan comments that Hamill isn't dominating like he did in round 1
0:50 to 0:00 - More trading with noone gaining the upperhand. Round ends as they eye-hump eachother.

Round 3

4:40 - More trading, Bisping lands a solid combo
4:39 - Hamill shoots for and fails a takedown
4:22 - Hamill shoots and fails again
3:49 - Bisping lands a decent right hand
3:40 - Hamill fails ANOTHER takedown
3:08 - Hamill finalls takes Bisping down against the cage but nothing even remotely exciting happens other than Bisping trying for an armbar and Hamill rubbing his face affectionately against Bisping's stomach.
2:04 - They both stand, Bisping misses a huge left hook
1:48 - Bisping lands a knee to Hamill's forehead
1:46 - Hamill takes Bisping down again
0:56 - Bisping rubs his crotch against Hamill's face
0:43 - Hamill throws some hammerfists to the back of Bisping's head
0:28 - Bisping wrestles his way out
0:15 Lots of tired trading, neither gaining the upperhand until
0:10 - Bisping lands a nice CroCop-ish kick to Hamill's head
0:03 - Hamill shoots for a takedown, fails, Bisping lands a punch to the side of Hamill's head.

End of round 3. In conclusion, the fact you guys are arguing over such a ******* boring fight that was probably more a draw than anything is completely retarded.

Judge for Yourself

You've got a lot more time on your hands than I do.. Lol.. And I have a lot of time.
Naturaldisaster
11/10/07 12:22:31AM
did you watch the same fight that I did? because it wasn't as boring as you make it out to be. it wasn't the most entertaining but it wasn't that bad. and yeah hamill clearly won.
GTS
11/10/07 4:22:20PM
hamill won no doubt. bisping just got lucky it was at home and that the call was terrible. i'm just hoping rashad and bisping fight aint gonna be like the hamill vs bisping fight. where it ends by crappy decision.
bayonetxwork
11/10/07 5:42:31PM

Posted by Djbb

Judge for Yourself

Wait, is it that, or is it the fact that you're still thinking about it enough to do a play by play weeks after the fight happened...
Djbb
11/10/07 5:58:43PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Djbb

Judge for Yourself

Wait, is it that, or is it the fact that you're still thinking about it enough to do a play by play weeks after the fight happened...

The only reason I did this is cause someone started a thread called "Worst Decisions in UFC/Pride" and it was 4 pages of people bitching about Bisping vs Hamill. I personally don't give a **** about Bisping or Hamill.
bayonetxwork
11/11/07 7:29:35PM

Posted by Djbb

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Djbb

Judge for Yourself

The only reason I did this is cause someone started a thread called "Worst Decisions in UFC/Pride" and it was 4 pages of people bitching about Bisping vs Hamill. I personally don't give a **** about Bisping or Hamill.

Oh, well then I guess in that case this is justified. Lay down the facts so people can come here and bitch again.
keith-hackney1
11/12/07 9:59:33AM

Posted by tuvok500

you obviously didnt watch griffin vs ortiz ... thats the worst decision ever !!!
nubby
11/12/07 10:13:16AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by tuvok500

you obviously didnt watch griffin vs ortiz ... thats the worst decision ever !!!

I wrote a play by play on that fight. IMO based on every single strike, block, parry, dodge, takedown... Tito won that fight. As many others have pointed out, it is best to rewatch the fight without Rogan and Goldie speaking because they clearly say things that are not actually happening. For example goldie might say that FOrrest lands a big right hand but watching you can see that not only did Tito block the big right hand but he landed a stiff right jab on forrest. Tito's boxing against Forrest is actually a lot better than people want to admit.