Bisping gives Rampage's performance at UFC 67 a 5/10

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bisping gives Rampage's performance at UFC 67 a 5/10
Next Page »
Reignofterror
2/16/07 1:45:13PM
"Because he's in the same division as me, I took a very close interest in Jackson's win over Marvin Eastman. Because of his big win over Chuck Liddell in Japan a couple of years back, Jackson's come to the UFC with this massive reputation but, to be honest, I've got to say I wasn't that impressed.

I'd probably give Jackson five out of 10 on his performance, if you forgive the pun." ---Michael Bisping

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4513

Bisping is certainly asking to be slammed...
scoozna
2/16/07 1:47:48PM
Yeah...that's pretty ballsy, you have to admit. It's not like Bisping has been around awhile and has a lot of experience or anything. It's one thing to speak confidently about oneself, but to take the GSP approach is asking for it.
OB_Juan
2/16/07 1:54:43PM
I wonder how he rated his own last performance vs Schafer?

Rampage said he wanted one more fight before rematching Chuck. Well hopefully we just found his next victim. We'll at least get to see what the Count has off his back. That's if he's even conscious once he gets there.

Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 2:23:51PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Rampage said he wanted one more fight before rematching Chuck. Well hopefully we just found his next victim. We'll at least get to see what the Count has off his back. That's if he's even conscious once he gets there.

Rampage was just trying to take his time and show his skills in his debut,but if you get his mad he will crush you!
like he says.."if you get me mad,i have unlimited strength"

and exactly when Marvin landed that hard elbow i think rampage got mad and went inside and finished him off.....same with Randleman when they fouled him and took 10% of his purse....got pissed off and knocked Randleman the f#ck out

careful Bisping...you sure dont wanna see him transform into a werewolf

i never liked Bisping....he looks like someone you cant trust....he acts all nice and humble in on tv and talks smack behind your back....he is full of himself...a loss will only make him a better person,so i hope he loses soon
roadking95th
2/16/07 2:46:07PM
If Rampage's performance was a 5/10, then Bispings last performance was 2.5/10. Take care of your own business first. I, for one, am really getting tired of the spouting off and disrespect being shown by mre and more fighters. I don't want to see a love fest like Smith had in the TUF finally, but come on, show some class.
OB_Juan
2/16/07 3:04:38PM
If they don't set up Rampage vs Bisping I at least hope they bring Eastman back to fight Bisping. See what he has to say after that. Eastman is no slouch.
pv3Hpv3p
2/16/07 3:30:35PM
After seeing Michael's first true UFC preformance and how gassed he was I don't think that he has much room to talk...

Rampage has taken his lumps and come up the hard way and deserves much more respect than that.

Personally I enjoyed the Rampage / Eastman fight much more than Bisbing / Schafer (?? I can't remember if that was him of not ??).

And I would love to see Bisbing and Page go at it... Bisbing is no slouch and a def up and comer, but Rampage is a bad bad man, especially if he can find his pre-Wandy form again...

WAR RAMPAGE!!!

This is a good sign for things to come in UFC's LHW division... Hopefully lots of exciting fights on the way!!
MMA
2/16/07 3:33:51PM

Posted by scoozna

Yeah...that's pretty ballsy, you have to admit. It's not like Bisping has been around awhile and has a lot of experience or anything. It's one thing to speak confidently about oneself, but to take the GSP approach is asking for it.

Yeah, but the only difference is that St. Pierre showed everyone why he was not impressed.

Posted by OB_Juan

He gave himself a 7 or 8 in his post-interview.
Reignofterror
2/16/07 4:31:02PM

Posted by OB_Juan

He gave himself a 7 or 8 in his post-interview.

So now theirs a Michael Bisping MMA scoring system? He should patent this quick.
hippysmacker
2/16/07 5:08:06PM
I hope this is just hype, otherwise we could end up with another Diaz/Riggs type fighter. Guys with some , skill and potential who never beat the top guys. Anyone who feels the need to talk crap on opponents( or future possible opponets in this case) is usually doing one of 3 things to me.

1. Playing pscyhocological games to get in someones head.Huhges/Chuck seem to be pretty good at this. Muhammed Ali was the master
2. Trying to hype the fight. Garner interest in themselves, the sport, and their particular fight. Most fighert's do this
3. Trying to hide their deep insecurities by lashing out.

Let's hope in Bisping's case it's the former 2 , and not the latter.
loller90278
2/16/07 5:40:39PM
AT LEAST RAMPAGE BRUSHES HIS TEETH TWICE A DAY!

/sorry, couldn't find anything better about the english

like rampages performance my joke was a 5/10
Snacks
2/16/07 5:50:29PM
I'd take bisping over Rampage.
argile
2/16/07 5:59:38PM
Bisping is a good fighter and has a shot to be LHW champ someday, but after 1 fight in a UFC pay per view he thinks he can downplay the performance of Rampage one of the best LHW out there is bullshit. The training MMA fighters do is warping their minds into WWF wrestlers. I think he was just talking shit and not being serious. Karma is a bitch tho.

OB_Juan
2/16/07 6:10:42PM

Posted by Snacks

Av bet if it actually ever gets signed?
redmist
2/16/07 6:13:25PM
I think it's all just bravado, but i find it funny that you all talk about disrespecting fighters. Rampage is one of the biggest culprits of this. i've lost count of all the disrespectful things he's said.
I'm not particularly impressed with bisping, but it's been a long time since i've been impressed with rampage.

anyway, they're all men, i'm sure they can take it.
DoTheMMAth
2/16/07 6:13:30PM
I like Bisping and deffinitely am looking forward to more of his fights... but I would hardly rate his win over class C-B "Ravishing Red" anything better than Rampage's "nervous" UFC debut. However, controversy and craptalk sells, reference Tito Ortiz for example...
Snacks
2/16/07 6:16:40PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Snacks

honestly, what's the worst you could do to me Av wise?
hippysmacker
2/16/07 7:08:18PM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Snacks

He could make you have Baroni as your avatar?
OB_Juan
2/16/07 7:15:18PM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Snacks

Perhaps you are not familiar with Captain FAGGO or Baby Andy or... the other one I don't remember right now.

As easily as Schafer was taking Bisping down I just see Rampage bouncing him on his skull at will.
Snacks
2/16/07 7:29:28PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Snacks

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Snacks

Perhaps you are not familiar with Captain FAGGO or Baby Andy or... the other one I don't remember right now.

As easily as Schafer was taking Bisping down I just see Rampage bouncing him on his skull at will.

Perhaps you're not familiar with me. :(
Chivo
2/16/07 8:19:26PM
I might take Bisping as well. Dunno, I thought Mike did alot better then I first gave credit for. But as mentioned, Eric aint a big accomplishment.
OB_Juan
2/16/07 8:21:23PM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Snacks

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Snacks

Perhaps you're not familiar with me. :(

O contrere, mon frere. I knows ya well you little gangsta, you. <3
OB_Juan
2/16/07 8:22:41PM

Posted by Chivo

I might take Bisping as well. Dunno, I thought Mike did alot better then I first gave credit for. But as mentioned, Eric aint a big accomplishment.

I don't know if I would even take Bisping over Beastman.
Billy_Soup
2/16/07 9:06:41PM

Rampage was just trying to take his time and show his skills in his debut,but if you get his mad he will crush you!

and exactly when Marvin landed that hard elbow i think rampage got mad and went inside and finished him off.....same with Randleman when they fouled him and took 10% of his purse....got pissed off and knocked Randleman the f#ck out

He didn't have unlimited strength when Shogun beat him up. And I don't know about you but i would be getting mad if I was getting hit as much rampage was getting hit.
OB_Juan
2/16/07 9:25:58PM

Posted by Billy_Soup

He didn't have unlimited strength when Shogun beat him up. And I don't know about you but i would be getting mad if I was getting hit as much rampage was getting hit.

But Shogun was beating him fair and square and was totally polite about it. J/p.

BTW, Marty Jennetty was the backbone of the Rockers.
shawneth
2/16/07 9:26:49PM
I think Bisping is starting to become alittle full of himself. After the Eric Schafer fight he seem pretty cocky and alittle unclassy. And now commenting negatively about someone who could smash his body into the canves. He needs to start taking it easy.
skiba97
2/16/07 10:14:20PM
I think bispings a pretty under rated fighter. If you watch his fights most of his opponents are alot bigger/stronger and ive never seen a fight were he looked in trouble. Fair enough he shouldnt be slating other fighters, but i think hes just trying to make some hype over a possible future match. If he builds up abit more upper body stregnth to stop rampage slamming him at will id say hed have a pretty good chance at getting the ko.
Manfred
2/17/07 1:58:35AM
Some of it is gamesman-ship, and Rampage wasn't too excited about his own performance. Bisping is getting bolder though. On the show he was confident, but usually didn't cross-over into cocky.
Still, Rampage has heard worse (Wandy told him, "I'm going to make you my new Sakuraba") and Bisping is no Wandy
hathcock32
2/17/07 2:31:21AM
Bisping can talk all the crap he wants he will back it up in time.....Ill take bisping in a bisping rampage match
loller90278
2/17/07 3:08:55AM

Posted by hathcock32

Bisping can talk all the crap he wants he will back it up in time.....Ill take bisping in a bisping rampage match

ok i know your opinions are yours to state outloud to the ocmmunity, but every single post you have made i've cringed at.

from your posts i'd say you started watching UFC after TUF and havn't seen any other show. (also a sherdog member)
Pages: [1] 2