Who is next for Bisping?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is next for Bisping?
ChokeUout
2/21/10 4:08:52AM
Let's be honest, Bisping is still the UFC's british poster boy, so they don't want to see him lose 3 out of 4. He's gonna get a tomato can next, probably in the next european card. Who do you think he'll face next?

I think it'll be Drew McFedries, probably somewhere in England. Let's face it: Lindsay Lohan could submit Drew McFedries. Bisping has proven that he can take down fighters with no takedown defence, like McFedries, and after Bisping Submits the Jiu-jitsu-less McFedries, the UFC can Market him as a "Well rounded fighter who can finish the fight by submission" in an attempt to market him yet again as a "future contender" to satistfy the british crowd, who happens to be one of it's biggest markets.

That's my opinion. Who do you think he should face next?
lohmann
2/21/10 4:22:19AM
Anybody with a decent boxing/kickboxing coach will have a gameplan for Bisping at this point. He has to think before he moves to the side and moves backwards under pressure, a horrible habit as well as something McFedries, who moves forward always, could exploit early.

He still, however, is one of the better middleweights in the UFC and defeats most of them; he was very close to squeaking by with a decision over Wanderlei Silva last night. I hope they do not softball him. A fight with Dan Miller really interests me at this point.
BeeR
2/21/10 8:15:49AM
a can.
mkiv9secsupra
2/21/10 8:31:57AM
Bisping is now the gatekeeper in my eyes, he clearly cannot compete with the best at the moment and will just have to sit back and fight B level guys until he can get better... I think he should fight Akiyama, or possibly Okami
RyanC
2/21/10 9:02:08AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Bisping is now the gatekeeper in my eyes, he clearly cannot compete with the best at the moment and will just have to sit back and fight B level guys until he can get better... I think he should fight Akiyama, or possibly Okami

It's already being reported that Akiyama is probably going to be next up for Wanderlei. They are both requesting the fight.
mrsmiley
2/21/10 9:03:27AM
Bisping is in a huge pickle at this point in his career.
He has never beaten a fighter with "name" recognition and it can be argued that the win streak his record indicates was against fighters of much lower quality in terms of skill than Bisping.

The UFC need to feed him a can that he can get an easy win over considering his markability.
Then if at all possible,attempt to set up a catch weight bout between him and Kimbo. Set it in Europe.
Suck the cash out of both of those guys in just that one bout and then see what happens from their.
Playground_Samurai
2/21/10 9:06:43AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Akiyama and Okami are not the greatest MW's at the moment, but I don't know if i'd classify them as B level. Maybe A-, but B level seems like a bit of an insult.

Anywho, I do think either one of those guys would make interesting match ups.
RyanC
2/21/10 9:13:55AM
Amir Saddolah, and Alan Belcher seem like decent matchups. If Bisping is who he is supposed to be he should be able to beat both of them, and it wouldn't be going all the way back down the ladder.
BustedKnuckle
2/21/10 10:24:04AM
I say let Bisping and Gouveia go at it. Both guys are coming off of losses and both have decent name recognition. The UFC could easily hype this fight. And it would be a test for both guys.
Mayhem13
2/21/10 10:28:09AM
Ed Herman
RyanC
2/21/10 10:36:44AM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I say let Bisping and Gouveia go at it. Both guys are coming off of losses and both have decent name recognition. The UFC could easily hype this fight. And it would be a test for both guys.

That was actually another guy I was kind of thinking as well. That might be the best option out of anyone.

I really don't think it does the UFC, or Michael Bisping any good to go to the bottom of the barrell just to get him a win. If the UFC wants to build him back up off of another loss he at least needs to take on a solid fighter. Beating a can doesn't really do anything for anyone IMO.
mkiv9secsupra
2/21/10 10:54:25AM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Akiyama and Okami are not the greatest MW's at the moment, but I don't know if i'd classify them as B level. Maybe A-, but B level seems like a bit of an insult.

Anywho, I do think either one of those guys would make interesting match ups.

B level as in they wont be fighting for the title anytime soon. i cant see an arguement to put either of them anywhere near Belfort Marquardt and Anderson who are all A level
prozacnation1978
2/21/10 11:03:53AM
i was thinking same thing
egland card won't happen till fall
he will fight i would say july or aug

a few names out there like a nate marquadt???
or even winner of kendall grove vs munoz
winner of cote vs belcher
JackHammerXXX
2/21/10 1:16:39PM
throw him dollaway. he has been winning as of late, so it wouldn't be a can. And C.B. is well rounded "enough" to present problems standing and on the ground.

I will say this, Hendo humbled this man. He was classful, before and after the fight, in the octagon. He may have a change of heart now that it has set in, and rightfully so, these fighters put alot into training. but overall, Mike was a gentleman and showed nothing but respect for Wanderlei. Props to him, because nobody really cares for him, me including. I will be rooting for Bisping next time around, quietly
KingCmb
2/21/10 1:20:32PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by BustedKnuckle

i belive gouveia got cut
State_Champ
2/21/10 2:11:19PM
Bisping vs. Belcher!!!!!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/21/10 2:11:51PM
LMAO at people thinking bisping was humble after the fight . Did you miss the post fight press conference or his post fight speech ? He said " im actually hoping to get a ticket to wanderleis after party , i heard its gay night " . What a (fighter bashing) . He also stated that he thought he won the fight! I guess hes so used to getting gifted decisions that is just came natural . That fight was not even close . He barely escaped unconsciousness at the end of the last 2 rounds and did his patented jab and circle into wands right hand . You would think after circling into dans right hand , into kangs right hand , the guy would circle the other direction , nope!

I would keep bisping away from drew mcfedries if the ufc wants him to to not lose by another knockout . Back to fighting the jason days and charles mcarthys of the world

WAR WAND!

JackHammerXXX
2/21/10 2:22:37PM
I'll give you the point that he wasn't happy, nor as courteous as others, but for Bisping, he was humble. He gave Wand props for fighting, Idk if he said that at the press conference cuz I didn't hear it with Rogan. But yeah, they put alot into training, as I said. And I'm positive Michael thought this was going to be a win, and was confident. I thought a man like Bisping, going into the Henderson fight, was changed after that demolition.He did get dropped by Kang, but came back and broke, the easily broken Kang. And in all fairness, had Silva fighting a smart fight. And to have a man like Wanderlei fighting you with more strategy than all out warfare, as he soo adamently was known and reverred for, is a prop within itself.

I don't want to defend Bisping by any means, especially against my favorite fighter. But I liked the fact that he wasn't scared, but he wasn't the Bisping of old, nor did he pull a Hardy for this fight. He lost, felt he won, So what. We all agree he didn't, and that fight was in the air until that final barrage. If you don't agree, check your bias
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/21/10 2:33:26PM

Posted by JackHammerXXX

but for Bisping, he was humble.

That isnt saying much.

go watch the post fight press conference .
Bloodhound
2/21/10 3:23:41PM
i saw 2 people already said it but i think Bisping Vs Belcher would be very interesting
RearNakedJoke
2/21/10 3:41:17PM

Posted by Bloodhound

i saw 2 people already said it but i think Bisping Vs Belcher would be very interesting

i love watching Bisping take a beating!
CwB
2/21/10 5:57:07PM
Bisping VS
-Belcher - Love it
-Cote - Love it
-A. Simpson - Love it
-T. Lawlor - Love it
-Munoz- like it
- C.B - Like it
- Herman -Good enough
-Grove- Good enough

Lots of fight waitin for Mike (looking at this group mostly losses waitin for Bisping)
mkiv9secsupra
2/21/10 6:03:59PM
I can think of no other reason to put Cote in the ring with Bisping other than to put Bisping to sleep....i LOVE that matchup

Belcher seems to be a fun matchup but probably just another loss for bisping.

Id like to see Kendall Grove vs Bisping. I could see Grove pull out the UD over Bisping
teddythetuna
2/23/10 12:32:12AM
ME! And dont care if i would lose as long as i got one good punch to his face. Hey, maybe i would win with his glass jaw. HMMMM
RearNakedJoke
2/23/10 12:38:37AM
hope he doesnt face CB.... i may have to root for one of them....
CanadianCripplr
2/23/10 1:44:29AM
wheres kalib starnes when you need him?
StorminYourman
2/23/10 2:50:38AM
I like the idea of Bisping fighting Grove just for the fact that they won on the same season in differentt weight classes
Naturaldisaster
2/23/10 9:22:18AM
Have him Fight Nate Marquardt. I dont like bisping so id like to see Marquardt man handle him
bjj1605
2/23/10 11:01:30AM
belcher