Bisping

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bisping
dcox86
1/24/07 6:10:28PM
anybody else think Dana and UFC are hyping Bisping a little too much? I mean he's a good fighter and all, but he looked a little shakey at 66. With Dana saying things like hes the future of the ufc, (when asked who he sees as the future of the UFC he mentions Bisping), its gotta be a lot f pressure on Bisping to win.
Gomiera
1/24/07 6:13:59PM
I agree. Bisping has a lot of potential, but his fight at UFC 66 showed he has a lot of holes in his game. He's definitely a huge star in the UK though. I'm not surprised that Dana is using him to his full potential.
hippysmacker
1/24/07 6:58:03PM
I think he just needs to get stronger , and better at wrestling. Good standup and Jujitsu though.
BloodandTears
1/26/07 7:03:44PM
Bisping has a good game all around, and could be a great fighter, he obviously has holes in his game that he needs to work on and I think he will. He shouldnt go for a top contender yet, and yes the Bisping hype is too much for now anyway. When he's on top of his game his style is awesome though..
l2oger
1/26/07 7:51:06PM
Dunno he has his holes in his game but overall its a good game.....

strikefirstgear
1/26/07 10:58:17PM
No doubt Dana is trying to have a hometown favorite for the European crowd since they are breaking into that market this year. Lot of pressure but I think Bisping can handle it.

As for his fighting style. He is a B+ level fighter with alot of potential. He does need to work on his wrestling and ground control but with some better fighters to face he will gain the experience. I would like to see him fight Tito but he will probably go up against Jardine.

You can bet Dana won't put him into too much danger for a while. He can't risk tarnishing his golden egg (uh english egg).
tffdwg38
1/27/07 11:51:14PM
hes pretty good overall but he does have a lot of holes
nate22
1/28/07 4:53:23AM
Every post has stated holes, not one post has said properly what they think those holes are?

I'd like to know considering he has an immaculate record better than any fighter in UFC, not in terms of competition but in terms of finishing every fight and only 3 making it out of the first round. He mixes it up with both ko and submissions and i've not seen him have much trouble with his wrestling in any of his fights so far.

I think he's a terrible match up for Chuck and i'd look forward to seeing two great strikers go at it, Chuck has not fought a great striker for a long time and Bisping could well be the man to take the belt away if Chuck survives Rashad and co.
Reignofterror
1/28/07 5:39:03PM

Posted by dcox86

With Dana saying things like hes the future of the ufc, (when asked who he sees as the future of the UFC he mentions Bisping), its gotta be a lot f pressure on Bisping to win.

Michael Bisping truly is the future of the LHW division, once Chuck either loses his belt, or retires it will be the time for fighters such as Bisping, Forrest Griffin, Kieth Jardine, and Rashad Evans to shine. What all these fighters haven't done yet (Griffin is an exception) is face one of the 3 big names in the UFC lightheavyweight division that aren't champions who are Tito Ortiz, Babalu Sobral, and Quinton Jackson. I'm hoping that soon these four up and comers either start fighting the top guys in the divsion or amongst them selves so MMA fans can see where they belong at the moment in terms of rank on the UFC ladder. They all still have many promicing years in the division no doubt especially IMO Forrest and Bisping.
D-Boy
1/28/07 6:03:16PM

Posted by Reignofterror

Posted by dcox86

With Dana saying things like hes the future of the ufc, (when asked who he sees as the future of the UFC he mentions Bisping), its gotta be a lot f pressure on Bisping to win.

Michael Bisping truly is the future of the LHW division, once Chuck either loses his belt, or retires it will be the time for fighters such as Bisping, Forrest Griffin, Kieth Jardine, and Rashad Evans to shine. What all these fighters haven't done yet (Griffin is an exception) is face one of the 3 big names in the UFC lightheavyweight division that aren't champions who are Tito Ortiz, Babalu Sobral, and Quinton Jackson. I'm hoping that soon these four up and comers either start fighting the top guys in the divsion or amongst them selves so MMA fans can see where they belong at the moment in terms of rank on the UFC ladder. They all still have many promicing years in the division no doubt especially IMO Forrest and Bisping.

It all depends, there was another good fighter that could have become a great fighter had the UFC not rushed him (Quarry) so depending on how Dana handles the guys (He's done well looking after Diego so far) they could have a very good career. They need experiance which will show them their weaknesses and time to let them overcome them
Stickan
1/28/07 6:07:41PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I think he just needs to get stronger , and better at wrestling. Good standup and Jujitsu though.

Right on. Exactly what I've been thinking. He almost looks a little too small for 205.
D-Boy
1/28/07 6:10:40PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by hippysmacker

Right on. Exactly what I've been thinking. He almost looks a little too small for 205.

Everyone is telling him this but he seems to refuse to go down in weigh maybe it would be too hard for him to get there.
ElGuApO91
1/28/07 6:11:46PM
i think bisping could be a good contender for the belt but i would like to see him fight a better fighter. right now i would like to see him fight rashad that would be an intersesting fight.
Stickan
1/28/07 7:24:02PM

Posted by ElGuApO91

i think bisping could be a good contender for the belt but i would like to see him fight a better fighter. right now i would like to see him fight rashad that would be an intersesting fight.

Would be an intense fight as every fight with Bisping is but as I said Bisping is kinda small for 205 and Rashad is one big 205er. I think Rashad would mangle the Count. Unfortunately.
Svartorm
1/28/07 11:52:52PM
He could do well, and I agree with whoever said Dana wants him to help break into the UK and Europe.
strikefirstgear
1/29/07 12:08:34AM
His stand up is good. His submission game is good but I have seen him be "handled" by a few wrestlers. I would like to see him have better ground control for a champion contender. Experience in the octagon with some higher level fighters will bring that.

I dont think the UFC will pit him up against Rashad soon. Probably set up some more fodder for him. Once the Europe trail is blazed then we will see some serious competition for him.