Bisping?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bisping?
POLL: Do you like Michael Bisping
Yes 33% (15)
No 7% (3)
He's okay 31% (14)
I can't stand him 27% (12)
He's my favorite 2% (1)
vince25
6/9/08 12:20:48PM
I dont like him and i dont think he's very good at all. All he does is get wins over sucky guys. what does everyone else think.
bullettdodger
6/9/08 12:25:25PM
Tread lightly with this thread... nut hugging waters run deep my friend. That being said i find the man to be mediocre and im not really a fan. I can see why other people like him being that he is fairly charismatic... i also think he will do well to infuse new blood in the MW division, i just honestly can't get over how classless he was before getting a PR guy
89vision
6/9/08 12:30:33PM
dont worry, when he faces a better striker than himself hes going nighty night, hopefully its Leben, Cote, Franklin, Hendo or Kampmann and of corse Anderson would put him in a body bag
Aaronno9
6/9/08 12:46:47PM

Posted by 89vision

dont worry, when he faces a better striker than himself hes going nighty night, hopefully its Leben, Cote, Franklin, Hendo or Kampmann and of corse Anderson would put him in a body bag

Just like mcarthy was going to sub him and day was going to tko him.... blah blah blah.

The guy trains his ass off and puts on two really exciting fights for you guys, in the first two fights at that weight, and all you want to do is put him down. Its getting old guys, really old.

Yeah hes British, and yeah he beat Matt Hamill, but i think its time people got over that and realised that whether you like it or not, hes a talented fighter who always gives 100% in the cage, and no matter how many times you start threads telling everybody how much he sucks and anybody with a good stand up game can beat him, hes not going to be walked through by anybody.

Yeh he might get beat of rich or anderson, but so would pretty much anybody else in the division, so whats your point?

bigbubbano23
6/9/08 1:07:27PM
personally i don't like him. i can't wait until he faces someone good and goes right back to the bottom.
teddythetuna
6/9/08 1:08:30PM
I think everyones problem is he hasnt faced top competition and was handed a win over hamill which he clearly lost yet he is considered a beast and the face of the ufc in the uk. i dont mind Bisping cause he is a likeable guy but i can see where some people are coming from
gsquat
6/9/08 1:08:36PM
I do like Bisping. I do think he is "that" good. I do think he will get a title shot. I'm not sure if he'll win, but he can beat anyone else in the division.
89vision
6/9/08 1:14:22PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Yeh he might get beat of rich or anderson, but so would pretty much anybody else in the division, so whats your point?

you just answered it
DevonFoxy
6/9/08 1:15:23PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by 89vision

Just like mcarthy was going to sub him and day was going to tko him.... blah blah blah.

The guy trains his ass off and puts on two really exciting fights for you guys, in the first two fights at that weight, and all you want to do is put him down. Its getting old guys, really old.

Yeah hes British, and yeah he beat Matt Hamill, but i think its time people got over that and realised that whether you like it or not, hes a talented fighter who always gives 100% in the cage, and no matter how many times you start threads telling everybody how much he sucks and anybody with a good stand up game can beat him, hes not going to be walked through by anybody.

I agree with you and eveyone keeps doubting him and he always comes out on top to many's dismay.

I think the Matt fight destroyed everyone's idea of him being charismatic and made him look cocky so everyone is rooting against him. He destroyed McCarthy and Day ( though the many striked to the back of the head irked me a little as they were called all night except in this fight and he hit him there about 6 times with HARD shots).

Bisping doesn't deserve a title shot yet and I think a match up with Leben is inevitable which I think he will win but then it gets a little shady for Bisping no offense to the Bisping fans but I don't see him beating Rich or Hendo.

Now that I think about it I think his next fight should be against Demian Maia. That would be a real test for him in my opinion. Kampmann also comes into mind so I think Bisping has alot of competition and to say he's going to rip through it....I kinda doubt it but good luck to him.
Aaronno9
6/9/08 1:23:42PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by Aaronno9

you just answered it

So becouse he would get beat by the top 2 guys in the division we should make threads about how he sucks? Well wheres the threads about every other guy in the division who would loose to these guys?

Lamest thread of the week.
89vision
6/9/08 1:27:07PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by 89vision

Posted by Aaronno9

you just answered it

So becouse he would get beat by the top 2 guys in the division we should make threads about how he sucks? Well wheres the threads about every other guy in the division who would loose to these guys?

Lamest thread of the week.

I didnt make it, chill out guy
mkiv9secsupra
6/9/08 1:33:45PM
WOW please dont ever call a professional fighter sucky again. Charles McCarthy and Jason Day may not be a Fedor or Anderson or BJ but they sure as hell would beat the hell out of you. Its very disrespectful to call them that after the years of hard work they put into this sport.
dannyfrank
6/9/08 2:04:14PM
i dont have a problem with bisping at all. i think people are just hating
Ben_Hutch
6/9/08 3:14:44PM
People say they don't like Bisping because apparently he only beats cans and fights in the UK to much.

Well a) that isn't true, b) that's not his fault.

You can't disslike someone for something that isn't their fault. In this case you should be hating on Dana, not Bisping.

Bisping can only beat who's put infront of him, and he can only fight where he's told to fight, so to hate on him for such stupid reasons really amazes me.

If you ever talk to Bisping (which I've had the pleasure to) you will realise that he really is an ordinary, decent guy, and if you ever watch his post-fight interviews you will realise the same thing.

I don't think I've ever read a legitimate reason for someone to hate Bisping.

WAR THE COUNT!!!
gartface
6/9/08 3:41:14PM
I think he'll get the Leben fight, and then get a fight I'm looking forward to against Martin Kampmann. I think the Hitman would destroy Bisping.

Edit: The fight between Kampmann and Bisping might have to happen way down the road though. I was thinking about it and they're both guys the UFC is trying to build up towards a title shot.
The_Italian_Stallion
6/9/08 3:54:09PM
I like Bisping he is a good fighter and is going to be a serious threat for the MWs I don't think he can beat anderson or anything but he is going to be a force.

It's not even that he fights sucky guys I meanhe was set to fight Leben who I do not consider sucky but Leben pulled out. So he's trying to face better competition it's just that the cards weren't right for that event.
Gipper
6/9/08 4:19:48PM
like him or hate him he's among the elite in the mw division
gravy13
6/9/08 4:51:53PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I think the Matt fight destroyed everyone's idea of him being charismatic and made him look cocky so everyone is rooting against him. He destroyed McCarthy and Day ( though the many striked to the back of the head irked me a little as they were called all night except in this fight and he hit him there about 6 times with HARD shots).

After the the Hamill fight, it seems his popularity declined. I don't listen to the hate. I think he is a great fighter. Especially at 185. I want him to fight Leben so bad.
Raykill
6/9/08 7:34:44PM
I am not a big fan, I dont hate on him either. But I would like to see him get tested more.
Dont let the avatar fool you. That was my prize when he beat Day....
vince25
6/9/08 9:30:01PM
Okay guys, no need to start a huge agruement here. i was just curious when i made the poll. A lot of people say that they don't like bisping so i was just wondering if it was true. damn you guys are so touchy.
Raykill
6/9/08 10:02:30PM

Posted by vince25

Okay guys, no need to start a huge agruement here. i was just curious when i made the poll. A lot of people say that they don't like bisping so i was just wondering if it was true. damn you guys are so touchy.

I was thinking that.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/10/08 3:28:26AM
i dig him
Pookie
6/10/08 4:11:00AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by 89vision

...no matter how many times you start threads telling everybody how much he sucks and anybody with a good stand up game can beat him , hes not going to be walked through by anybody.

...so whats your point?

I think it was "anybody with a good stand up game can beat him"
or
"when he faces a better striker than himself hes going nighty night"
Aaronno9
6/10/08 8:22:32AM
i wasn't asking what his point was about getting beat by a better striker, i was asking what his point was about getting beat by anderson and co. Everybody in the division would get beat by anderson, so i dont see that as a valid argument as to why somebody sucks.

Its a bullshit argument anways, once day messed belcher up everybody was saying he was a good striker, but soon as Bisping beat him, it seems the general consensus is that he sucks or hes a can....
gravy13
6/13/08 2:11:35AM

Posted by vince25

Your poll is titled "Do you like Michael Bisping?", do you really expect a yes or no answer?
NatedawgThaM
6/13/08 2:47:19AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by 89vision

Most people that hate him mostly hate him because of the Hamil decision and the comments afterwards. I say get over it! It was one little incident. I was mad at first but then you have to realize what would you have said? Would you just come out and say you lost? Now that does not justify him putting Hamil down and telling him to go back to wrestling, but it was one incident and that was year ago.

It's time people get over it and show him the respect he deserves. He's been nothing but cool lately except when McCarthy took shots at him first.
holt8081
6/13/08 3:00:59AM

Posted by vince25

I dont like him and i dont think he's very good at all. All he does is get wins over sucky guys. what does everyone else think.

Finally some one who shares my vision. I also feel this way about Rashad Evans
89vision
6/13/08 3:33:42AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by 89vision

Most people that hate him mostly hate him because of the Hamil decision and the comments afterwards. I say get over it! It was one little incident. I was mad at first but then you have to realize what would you have said? Would you just come out and say you lost? Now that does not justify him putting Hamil down and telling him to go back to wrestling, but it was one incident and that was year ago.

It's time people get over it and show him the respect he deserves. He's been nothing but cool lately except when McCarthy took shots at him first.

i dont hate the guy, hard to call the guy "elite" when he has never beaten a top 10, like i said when he faces a striker better than himself hes going to sleep, also a good wrestler with good standup like hendo or franklin would dominate
NatedawgThaM
6/13/08 4:20:31AM
I do agree with that, that he's not elite and would lose in the fashions you said he would lose in. But the people who hate him usually have no right too. He's only done one thing to deserve any hate and everybody deserves at least a second chance.