"Bisping will out-wrestle Henderson", says Rampage's coach

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "Bisping will out-wrestle Henderson", says Rampage's coach
MMAcca
6/26/09 1:40:00AM
Wolfslair wrestling coach Zach Light has made a bold prediction: he says Mike Bisping will out-wrestle Dan Henderson at UFC 100.

"He will take Dan Henderson down more than one time in the fight. He will, that's how he is going to win the fight. That is how I see it. When they start trading I think Mike will win the scrambles. Dan is a great scrambler but in a scramble situation I think Mike is going to come out on top every time," he tells Fighters Only.

LINK
TimW001
6/26/09 1:48:40AM
I'm a Bisping fan...and saying that Bisping will beat Hendo in a scramble is a no.

Although you could look at the Rashad fight and say "Look at how well Bisping did against the former UFC 205 champ" But I just see Hendo beating Bisping with his wrestling and clinch work.
Drudinh
6/26/09 2:09:12AM
Yea right. Good luck Bisping wrestling the Greco-roman style
StriderXero
6/26/09 2:34:00AM
if this is true, then he should also be able to beat Anderson standing up........and beat Damian Maia is a juijitsu match.
slapshot
6/26/09 2:51:25AM

Posted by MMAcca

Wolfslair wrestling coach Zach Light has made a bold prediction: he says Mike Bisping will out-wrestle Dan Henderson at UFC 100.

"He will take Dan Henderson down more than one time in the fight. He will, that's how he is going to win the fight. That is how I see it. When they start trading I think Mike will win the scrambles. Dan is a great scrambler but in a scramble situation I think Mike is going to come out on top every time," he tells Fighters Only.

LINK

Come on now, stuff like this is either A. misdirection/head games. (I dont see that having any effect on hendo IMO)

Or B. complete stupidity, If thats your game plan giving it away is not all that bright and using that game plan in the first place is not all that bright either LOL.

So in short I think its time to find a new coach.
motorboatensob
6/26/09 2:58:41AM
This is also coming from the guy who said he would KO Forrest in the first round.
fizzle
6/26/09 4:12:20AM
Bisping doesn't have the power to KO Henderson... I really don't know what to say other than Bispings's only hope is to out point Henderson...
Pskinner_mma314
6/26/09 4:23:36AM
the first thing that came to mind when i saw this was..............NO!!!!!!!

its not gonna happen, no way, never.......

if it does, i finally figure out how to get an avatar(still don't know how), and i'll sport the british flag for 3 months.

henderson is gonna dominate bisping, in pretty devastating fashion IMO
Wolf
6/26/09 8:59:20AM
wasn't the Wolf's Lair supposed to be helping Cheick Kongo with his wrestling? Yeah, that worked out well.
Jackelope
6/26/09 9:23:04AM

Posted by Wolf

wasn't the Wolf's Lair supposed to be helping Cheick Kongo with his wrestling? Yeah, that worked out well.

Anyways, Dan Henderson has olympic caliber wrestling. It's just not going to happen. Why even say something like this?
grappler0000
6/26/09 10:32:10AM
Yeah, I'll believe that when me **** turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.
emfleek
6/26/09 10:41:11AM

Posted by grappler0000

Yeah, I'll believe that when me **** turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Twenty20Dollars
6/26/09 10:50:44AM
Well the thing is about this fight, Im not even sure if there will be much wrestling at all. I think it might just turn into a kickboxing match.
sparky
6/26/09 1:41:18PM

Posted by motorboatensob

This is also coming from the guy who said he would KO Forrest in the first round.

He almost did tho so its not like it was a far fetched statement!!!
prozacnation1978
6/26/09 2:24:08PM
dude
rampage will back any of his friends at wolfslair
bisping is not even in the same class as a henderson
ncordless
6/26/09 2:52:25PM
Rampage didn't say this... his coach did.

I have a hard time imagining getting put on his back much in this fight.
mshalosky
7/2/09 10:47:10AM
lets think about this rampage was out wrestled by henderson in there title match and bisbing is gunna out wrestle henderson does this mean bisbing is a better wrestler than rampage
whardin19
7/2/09 2:42:22PM
Zach Light must be smoking some good crack. There's no way Bisping will out wrestle Henderson. His only chance to win this fight is to use his speed on his feet and hit and get out, hit and get out. If this fight goes to the ground its in Hendos world.