Why do I keep binging????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Why do I keep binging????
NatedawgThaM
9/25/07 3:12:19AM
There are probably obvious problems to this but I'm sick of coming home form MMA class and eating me out of house and home!!!

I wake up between 12-3 pm...I just started drinking a crap load of water...I don't eat when I wake up...I NEVER really have a full course meal except for one a day and that's dinner, other then that I just sneek in little snacks through the day..but when I come home from an MMA class I'm dead tired and mad starving so I eat ALOT and put the calories I just loss from class back into my body and probably a little more...Plus I don't go to bed until between 2-4 in the morning...

PLEASE BE HARSH AND TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY EATING AND HOW TO STOP MY EATING BINGES!!!!
ChokeUout
9/25/07 4:50:13AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

There are probably obvious problems to this but I'm sick of coming home form MMA class and eating me out of house and home!!!

I wake up between 12-3 pm...I just started drinking a crap load of water...I don't eat when I wake up...I NEVER really have a full course meal except for one a day and that's dinner, other then that I just sneek in little snacks through the day..but when I come home from an MMA class I'm dead tired and mad starving so I eat ALOT and put the calories I just loss from class back into my body and probably a little more...Plus I don't go to bed until between 2-4 in the morning...

PLEASE BE HARSH AND TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY EATING AND HOW TO STOP MY EATING BINGES!!!!

"I don't eat when I wake up"

"I NEVER really have a full course meal"

"when I come home from an MMA class I'm dead tired and mad starving"

I think you answered your own question, Dawg...

IF you don't eat breakfast or Lunch, of course your gonna be starving and want to binge after an intense MMA workout. If you balance it out (Eat at least a medium-light breakfast and a balanced lunch..maybe a small snack somewhere) I think you'll find not only will you have more energy for your class, but you'll be able to control it when you DO eat after class. Think about it: IF you hardly eat before class, your body is pretty empty, but you still burn all those calories. AS a result, you're gonna feel weak and need to binge. If you Balance your meals evenly, you'll have more energy from the food you eat during the day, and when you work out and burn calories, you won't feel so starved afterwards because you had food in you from the day to make the calorie buring less painful. THis way, you'll maybe need only a sandwhich or something after workout if you eat breakfast and lunch. Feel me? Food gives you energy, so it makes no sense to do almost all your eating AFTER you train.

IT might help if you keep better hours. If you wake up in the actual morning, it's eaier to eat breakfast and get that vital kick to your day.

Hopefully that helps you.

I know you said "be harsh", so if that wasn't harsh enough for you, tell me and I'll come back and call you some names or something. haha, j/k
NatedawgThaM
9/25/07 6:07:47AM

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by NatedawgThaM

"I don't eat when I wake up"

"I NEVER really have a full course meal"

"when I come home from an MMA class I'm dead tired and mad starving"

I think you answered your own question, Dawg...

IF you don't eat breakfast or Lunch, of course your gonna be starving and want to binge after an intense MMA workout. If you balance it out (Eat at least a medium-light breakfast and a balanced lunch..maybe a small snack somewhere) I think you'll find not only will you have more energy for your class, but you'll be able to control it when you DO eat after class. Think about it: IF you hardly eat before class, your body is pretty empty, but you still burn all those calories. AS a result, you're gonna feel weak and need to binge. If you Balance your meals evenly, you'll have more energy from the food you eat during the day, and when you work out and burn calories, you won't feel so starved afterwards because you had food in you from the day to make the calorie buring less painful. THis way, you'll maybe need only a sandwhich or something after workout if you eat breakfast and lunch. Feel me? Food gives you energy, so it makes no sense to do almost all your eating AFTER you train.

IT might help if you keep better hours. If you wake up in the actual morning, it's eaier to eat breakfast and get that vital kick to your day.

Hopefully that helps you.

I know you said "be harsh", so if that wasn't harsh enough for you, tell me and I'll come back and call you some names or something. haha, j/k

lol I knew it was that obvious, I WANT HARSHER!!!! lol I'm kinda fat so any mean REAL HARSH critism to work me back into shape!!!
fullerene
9/25/07 8:10:11AM
The Harsh part: Your diet is part of your training. Just like you wouldn't expect to get more endurance without breathing hard when you work out or stronger without having your muscles ache when you wrestle/lift/box....don't expect to lose weight and never be hungry. Think of the pain in your stomach the way you think of heavy breathing when you're working out--it's tough but it means you're doing what you're supposed to be doing.

A potentially easy part: It sounds like you, like myself and many people, are having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep in the evening after a draining workout. It might be worth trying ZMA, which is a supplement that targets certain minerals that athletes deplete faster than others (i.e. a multivitamin may not have enough if you work out hard). Taken about a half hour before you go to sleep it also tends to make you sleep sounder. It doesn't induce sleep, just makes it less likely you'll wake up after you fall asleep.
EddieBowers
9/25/07 8:22:26AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

What is it that you are trying to do?? Stop binging? Drop some of the weight? Get more sleep??? Or all of the above? I found that by eating more often, eating snacks high in protien, and eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner.. every day that I started to loose weight. I went from 195 to 165 in about 4-5 months, I am 5 ft 11in. I also found that my sleep problems were becasue I had an old pellow (sounds stupid but true). I found that a cup of chamomile tea helps relax after a hard workout. I know that does not sound tough like a true MMA man, but hell it works great for me.

Eating is vital, your body needs fuel... food equals Fuel.
loonytnt
9/25/07 11:53:29AM
this is what i been doing, im trying to loss a little weight, and you dont need to do this but if you do it will help, and you are going need to make times your own not mine because i get up eariler then you

8am-run 15min then cool down 5min, eat a small bowl of oatmeat 2hard boil eggs

10am- protein shake

12pm-30min run then cool down 5min,eat 1 cup chicken(boneless skinless) 1 cup steamed brown rice (white is ok but brown is better for you)and some vegtables

2pm-prtein shake

5pm-i eat a peanutbutterand honey on whole wheat, and then i do my MMA work out then 9pm

8pm-chicken,rice,vegtables, now i being my food with me to class, and dont eat a lot on this one if you are training hard because you dont wanna get sick

9:30pm 2 hard boil eggs and drink a V8 juice

thats what i do, it works great for me and i drink a lot of water to take what you want out of it, good luck
jdubs
9/25/07 7:46:06PM
all i got to say is check out the forumns at bodybuilding.com.. those are the people u want to ask this question to. i promise u that you will get a good response from people that know what they are talking about.
TNunley
9/27/07 3:32:43PM

Posted by jdubs

all i got to say is check out the forumns at bodybuilding.com.. those are the people u want to ask this question to. i promise u that you will get a good response from people that know what they are talking about.

but also, I've been told you're supposed to eat lots of protein after a workout, so it should be easier for you.
bayonetxwork
9/29/07 5:35:09PM
The harsh part is that its all self discipline... there's nothing anyone can do to make you follow a diet, its up to you man.
Mitchell740
10/4/07 7:56:45PM
Some food for thought is that binging like that makes yourself put fat on and lose muscle. You probably already know the problem and how to fix it, but you are just coming here looking for an easier way out. My advice is to start a strict meal plan for a few weeks and then start to slowly mellow out on it. Good luck.