As the biggest Jones fan

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » As the biggest Jones fan
roofer1967
1/24/15 11:32:54PM
I think Rumble is the man to take the title!!
sbulldavid
1/25/15 12:09:58AM

Posted by roofer1967

I gotta agree, I think this will be even come fight time.
TheShaman
1/25/15 12:31:02AM
I said going into the Cormier fight that Rumble is the only person who has a chance at beating Jones. That being said, I'll be picking Jones. That doesn't mean it won't be a nerve racking fight to watch, knowing it can end in an instant.

I did pick Gustafsson to win against Rumble, but not without realizing it had an equal chance of turning out the way it did. It was a coin toss fight for me.
40ouncetpkid
1/25/15 12:40:37AM
That's the price you pay when you stand with Rumble. I know Jones will treat it like the Rampage fight where he crotches low and uses distance but Rumble won't wait for Jones to come to him like Rampage did. Rumble will actually give himself a chance to win and once he lands....

AND MEW LHW CHAMP OF DA WORRRLD! RUMBLE YOUNG MAN RUMBLE!
postman
1/25/15 9:17:41AM
No contest. Jones by eye poke
State_Champ
1/25/15 9:53:12AM

Posted by roofer1967

You may be right, but I will not bet on it. Seems like every time a new challenger arrives people say "this is the guy".
I'm picking Jones.
aussiemma
1/25/15 10:05:03AM
i guess you never really know when a fighter will topple a great champ. johnson absolutely as the power to do so. The reach didnt seem to be a factor at all when he was fighting gus. Jones should come in close and clinch against the cage, but rumble is so damn strong i dont know how that will pan out. Its interesting as well because we have seen jones take some clean very hard shots but not once has he visibly been wobbled, he has been shaken by a shot no doubt, but never even come close to getting the ole stank leg.
Gumby90
1/25/15 4:36:41PM
Yeah Jones will eye gauge Johnson and avoid him for a round and a half until Rumble is exhausted.

I'm gonna watch the fight in a minute but I'm pretty sure Rumble isn't better than Jones at anything. That being said please take his head off mr Rumble.
aussiemma
1/25/15 5:53:50PM

Posted by Gumby90

Yeah Jones will eye gauge Johnson and avoid him for a round and a half until Rumble is exhausted.

I'm gonna watch the fight in a minute but I'm pretty sure Rumble isn't better than Jones at anything. That being said please take his head off mr Rumble.

The eye gouging and avoiding jones takes great skill in itself. Rumble's power far exceeds jones.
prozacnation1978
1/25/15 6:27:39PM
I won't shed tears if Jones loses.

First ufc live event was knockout
Saw rumble on that card. 7 years later. Good chance I'll see him fight for the title live.

Gotta root for him. Even if I am a big Jones fan
kopower
1/25/15 6:38:56PM

Posted by Gumby90

Rumble is a magnet for eye pokes. Jones will have a field day with him. Two eyes enter, both eyes bleed.
gartface
1/26/15 4:17:32PM
Not a Jones fan, and thus have wanted him to lose the past few fights. I thought Alex beat him the first time around. Rooted for Alex to beat Rumble to see that rematch, but it's hard not to like Rumble these days. He has crazy power, great TDD, and has much-improved cardio.

That being said, I think Jones is just too much for him. Jones has a great chin and can weather any kind of storm thrown at him and win the fight anywhere it's taken. Truly is the best fighter ever to grace 205.

Will be rooting for a Rumble KO, if only just to add some parity to the division, but will be expecting that Jones UD.
OnyxShadow
1/28/15 10:22:55PM
I've become less of a Jon Jones fan as I've seen him continue to get away with eye gouges in fight after fight. Still, Anthony Johnson presents no new challenges. Jones has already dominated every other (and better) heavy handed striker he's faced. Yes, Rumble's got the old puncher's chance...but that is absolutely it. Once Jones survives the first round I don't think Rumble will even have that going for him.

If Cormier can't beat Jones I don't see anyone out there that could do it more than maybe 1-2 out of 10 times. Honestly, I think Cormier would wipe the floor with Rumble.