The biggest coward ever

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The biggest coward ever
Svartorm
8/24/10 11:47:28PM
So today, I had the utter displeasure in having to deal with the most cowardly human being I've ever encountered.

Theres a guy named Don who hangs around my restaurant after work, waiting for the bus to show up to take him home after work at Labor Ready. If its raining, he comes inside and gets an order of fries, and if its nice out, he stands outside picking up garbage, peeling paint off an old concrete planter and waving at cars and people on the sidewalk. You see, Don is retarded, and although he's in his forties, he has the mind of around a four or five year old, and is completely 100% harmless and kind.

So, I'm working in the kitchen and one of my employees runs in and says "Someone is about to beat the **** out of Don!" I go into the dining room, look out the windows and see one of the numerous homeless assholes around here standing next to Don across the street with his hand up to punch him, and Don is completely terrified. I go outside and scream at the guy, who says to me across the street "This guys talking **** to me!" Considering Don can barely string together a sentence, I have a hard time believing he could say something so scathing to this guy that it would require him to defend his honor. The homeless guy walked off before the traffic thinned out enough to cross, and Don was really upset about it, saying "It wasn't me! I didn't do anything!" over and over.

So, I go back inside and the counter girl tells me what happened was that this homeless guy was walking by, Don waved at him and said hi, and he knocked Don's soda out of his hand for absolutely no reason, and then started threatening him, which is when she came and got me.

Who on Earth is such a lowly scumbag that they have to instigate a fistfight with a forty year old retarded man who says hi to them? Needless to say, this guy is catching a beating next time he's hanging out in the alleys around my place.
Jackelope
8/24/10 11:53:42PM
Damn man. Well you did the right thing intervening when you could. What a scum bag. He's probably got some mental problems of his own but still it's hard to justify starting a fight with someone like that.
kopower
8/25/10 12:14:31AM
Good for you! My brother in law is mentally retarded and if anybody did that to him, it would be on.
Drudinh
8/25/10 3:16:25AM
I can't prop you yet but will keep this one in mind.
telnights
8/25/10 3:44:41AM
You did the right thing and I agree with you 100%. You would be shocked to know some of the things I have seen people do. It made it really hard to be a cop at times just seeing the scum of the earth day in and day out and I can honestly say I don't miss it at all.
hippysmacker
8/25/10 7:13:29AM

Posted by Svartorm

So today, I had the utter displeasure in having to deal with the most cowardly human being I've ever encountered.

Theres a guy named Don who hangs around my restaurant after work, waiting for the bus to show up to take him home after work at Labor Ready. If its raining, he comes inside and gets an order of fries, and if its nice out, he stands outside picking up garbage, peeling paint off an old concrete planter and waving at cars and people on the sidewalk. You see, Don is retarded, and although he's in his forties, he has the mind of around a four or five year old, and is completely 100% harmless and kind.

So, I'm working in the kitchen and one of my employees runs in and says "Someone is about to beat the **** out of Don!" I go into the dining room, look out the windows and see one of the numerous homeless assholes around here standing next to Don across the street with his hand up to punch him, and Don is completely terrified. I go outside and scream at the guy, who says to me across the street "This guys talking **** to me!" Considering Don can barely string together a sentence, I have a hard time believing he could say something so scathing to this guy that it would require him to defend his honor. The homeless guy walked off before the traffic thinned out enough to cross, and Don was really upset about it, saying "It wasn't me! I didn't do anything!" over and over.

So, I go back inside and the counter girl tells me what happened was that this homeless guy was walking by, Don waved at him and said hi, and he knocked Don's soda out of his hand for absolutely no reason, and then started threatening him, which is when she came and got me.

Who on Earth is such a lowly scumbag that they have to instigate a fistfight with a forty year old retarded man who says hi to them? Needless to say, this guy is catching a beating next time he's hanging out in the alleys around my place.

this is one of those times the fact that you carry a gun everywhere could come in handy. Start carrying a shovel everywhere with it, add that you have woods all around you, and presto! The disappearing douchebag trick. You could play vegas 365 days a year and I would never tire of your show
tcunningham
8/25/10 5:14:32PM
i wasnt there obviously but i definetly would have thrown a beating his way. i hate scum like that. i used to feel bad for the homeless only because people told me i should, but then i figured out that like 99 out of 100 are a bunch of scumbag druggies that really should be euthanized. if they hit some legit hard times or are mentally retarded thats one thing, but for f*ck sake, the rest of them can go play on the freeway.
Svartorm
8/25/10 5:26:02PM
Yeah, when we opened our restaurant in this area I would be nice to the homeless guys in the alleys around us and give them leftover food at night, and they would throw it in my face by harrassing or even assualting my customers, so I stopped and don't feel bad about it. This is just another one of those guys.
postman
8/25/10 6:09:44PM
I have a son with Autism and CP, and I apperciate it that there are still a few people out there like you keeping an eye out for him when I can not.
warglory
8/25/10 6:41:35PM

Posted by Svartorm

While I generally agree with your line of thinking, how do you know the offender wasn't having mental issues of his own? It's a common fact that many, if not the majority of homeless people have some sort of mental handicap. Maybe the guy was schizo and thought he heard something that wasn't real? Throwing a beat down on some random dude, without knowing the facts just seems a bit extreme to me.
warglory
8/25/10 6:52:51PM

Posted by tcunningham

i wasnt there obviously but i definetly would have thrown a beating his way. i hate scum like that. i used to feel bad for the homeless only because people told me i should, but then i figured out that like 99 out of 100 are a bunch of scumbag druggies that really should be euthanized. if they hit some legit hard times or are mentally retarded thats one thing, but for f*ck sake, the rest of them can go play on the freeway.

99 out of 100? Really? Maybe you should go out and spend a night with the homeless and see if that is an accurate assessment. I have spent an entire evening myself, chatting with homeless people, I have donated my time at a shelter before. There are people with jobs and families who just can't make enough to live off of. I am not being a smartass about this by the way, I really think you should volunteer your time somewhere and maybe your opinion may change.
Jackelope
8/25/10 7:17:40PM

Posted by warglory

While I generally agree with your line of thinking, how do you know the offender wasn't having mental issues of his own? It's a common fact that many, if not the majority of homeless people have some sort of mental handicap. Maybe the guy was schizo and thought he heard something that wasn't real? Throwing a beat down on some random dude, without knowing the facts just seems a bit extreme to me.

Yeah, that's why I said what I said in my post. There are a lot of homeless with mental issues of their own. I think what actually happened, considering what COULD have happened, was a much better outcome. Guy got his soda knocked out of his hand and probably scared a bit, but luckily no one got beat up. The bum definitely could have been schizo

(I've done quite a bit of volunteer work for shelters myself)
Gogoplatapus
8/25/10 9:54:35PM
Svartorm, good on ya brother.
emfleek
8/25/10 10:32:09PM
Insults. Stop 'em.
Taylor8766
8/25/10 10:38:36PM
Hey man good for you I would have probably chased down that guy and beat the **** out of him.

IT ANNOYS the **** Out of me when people pick on other people that are, mentally challenged, handicapped, blind, deaf or any other dissability. I mean its not their fault, some people need to smarten up in life, theres alot of weirdos out their, and if I seen that **** going on I would snap.
Svartorm
8/25/10 11:05:10PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Svartorm

Thats funny, if you're in Portland and have worked in shelters, you probably know my best friend Jason Thompson. Giant guy with long hair and chest length beard, whose worked in troubled teen houses, halfway houses, etc in Portland for awhile.

Anyways, if you honestly look at the situation, theres really two people with problems. One is retarded and works 40 hours a week doing things most people would rather not, and the other threatens pregnant women in my parking lot for drug money. If the latter is going to throw a beating to the former, you can be damn sure I'll be giving that beating right back. Everyone has problems, but not everyone acts like that, and there are always choices in life.
4u2nv
8/26/10 1:25:41AM
i just dont understand some people in today's society. Maybe the homeless man had a few "more" screws loose then the handicap gentlemen.
warglory
8/26/10 12:31:24PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by warglory

Posted by Svartorm

Thats funny, if you're in Portland and have worked in shelters, you probably know my best friend Jason Thompson. Giant guy with long hair and chest length beard, whose worked in troubled teen houses, halfway houses, etc in Portland for awhile.

Anyways, if you honestly look at the situation, theres really two people with problems. One is retarded and works 40 hours a week doing things most people would rather not, and the other threatens pregnant women in my parking lot for drug money. If the latter is going to throw a beating to the former, you can be damn sure I'll be giving that beating right back. Everyone has problems, but not everyone acts like that, and there are always choices in life.

Unfortunately I did all my work when I was living in Burlington, I should get back into it around here though. And as for the guy being into drugs, yeah, I don't have much sympathy for people like that harassing citizens.