Who was the bigger showman?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who was the bigger showman?
POLL: Biggest showman alltime in mma
Kazushi Sakuraba 35% (14)
Genki Sudo 48% (19)
other 18% (7)
Pookie
3/23/08 4:44:07AM
?
hotrodttt
3/23/08 1:45:54PM
I think Akihiro Gono needs a mention in this Thread for Mr. Disco , Mayhem Miller is also one of the best Showman with his Lucha Libre entrance and even Wildman Denny with his Boogyman costume.
juanez13
3/23/08 1:54:35PM
IMO Genki Sudo takes the cake for sure.
bls1919
3/23/08 6:43:33PM
Genki has my vote
chubbud22
3/23/08 8:28:25PM
I dont think genki can be touched even though Gono is pretty good. I would have to throw Mayhem Miller in there as well
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Pookie
3/23/08 8:31:00PM
I did vote for Genki myself.... some of his pre-fight entrances were just ridiculous...
ICSlegend
3/23/08 8:54:24PM
Saku no doubt.

Not just the greatest showman, but also the greatest mma fighter with the most warrior spirit. The stuff of legend.
chickmagnet
3/24/08 2:38:19AM
Phil Baroni
Cladrix
3/24/08 2:43:29AM
Genki Sudo no doubt........ Gono close second..... got to have love for Mr. Disco and the whole dance routine he did.
RMFG_187
3/24/08 3:14:25AM
ummm

TITO ORTIZ?!?!?!?
Pookie
3/24/08 3:38:32AM

Posted by RMFG_187

ummm

TITO ORTIZ?!?!?!?

naw not him...
hippysmacker
3/24/08 5:02:23AM
I'll take saku. His double Mongolian chops ,and clowning around with a guy he could have finished quickly(, Elvis) cost him a fight iMO. I doubt that knee ever would have landed if he had felt he was in any danger, and was fully aware of his opponent. The fact that he wanted to entertain so much may have cost him that time, but he always brought it back in the day,. I d wish he would retire now, as I am afraid he will be permanently injured or die sometime soon.
pv3Hpv3p
3/24/08 9:24:50AM
I am one of the biggest Sakuraba fans around, but I can't choose against Genki Sudo on this one... In and out of the ring, the guy was pure showman... From the elaborate entrances to the "robot" and turning his back to his opponent, the guy was where it was at...
cowcatcher
3/24/08 12:33:24PM
ill take genki out of the ring, but in ring its saku, some of the things he did to make a standing pass, as well as the mongolian chops that HS mentioned were dressed up solely to entertain the crowd. gono does deserve mention as well, the japanese fighters have a certain flare and do some ridiculous things to keep the crowd involved.
Khon_Nan
3/24/08 3:25:48PM
Gono is my pick aswell
pv3Hpv3p
3/24/08 4:03:20PM

Posted by cowcatcher

ill take genki out of the ring, but in ring its saku, some of the things he did to make a standing pass, as well as the mongolian chops that HS mentioned were dressed up solely to entertain the crowd. gono does deserve mention as well, the japanese fighters have a certain flare and do some ridiculous things to keep the crowd involved.

What about Genki's helicopter-the-guy-by-the-legs-into-a-heel-hook-thingy?!?!?!?

Or his old-school, ima-keep-doin-these-spinning-backfists-till-one-of-em-catches-you deal?!?!?!?

That and the flying triangles he used to bust out in the old school grappling matches (? I don't really know what org that was for, just seen the clips?)... Genki was the consumate showman...

That and there's something just touching about him holding up the "We Are All One" flag after fights...

Just a little more info to swing some votes in Genki's favor
ICSlegend
3/24/08 4:29:52PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

What about Genki's helicopter-the-guy-by-the-legs-into-a-heel-hook-thingy?!?!?!?

Or his old-school, ima-keep-doin-these-spinning-backfists-till-one-of-em-catches-you deal?!?!?!?

That and the flying triangles he used to bust out in the old school grappling matches (? I don't really know what org that was for, just seen the clips?)... Genki was the consumate showman...

That and there's something just touching about him holding up the "We Are All One" flag after fights...

Just a little more info to swing some votes in Genki's favor

Yeah, that helicopter "thingy" was awesome! I guess Saku's dragging by the leg isn't quite as flashy, but cartwheels and baseball slides are awesome too!
Dancing in the guard to pulling out Royce's gi from his belt, he pulls a lot of crazy stuff during fights. More then the neo-samurai I think.

As far as entrances go, Saku and Genki both has some insane ones, but I still gotta tip it to Saku. From wearing 2 masks on top of each other, to Mario, to whatever the hell that "winged creature" was supposed to be, to the pajamas, there are just too many to count!

Gono is pretty flashy too, I really like that guy. The dance routine with the trainers is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

And Genki and Saku are pure class all the way.
Pookie
3/24/08 4:32:28PM
lol at those continuous spinning back fists