No big Tim at ufc 74

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » No big Tim at ufc 74
JuggaloWarrior878
7/2/07 2:09:19PM
It says on his website he hopes to return in october. so i guess hes out for 74.
nubby
7/2/07 2:25:56PM
What the hell is taking so long? He needs to fight someone like Nog or Barnett so that we don't have to see him anymore.
DevonFoxy
7/2/07 2:29:41PM
I agree Tim thinks hes a big bad man while i think hes ok hes got no chance of holding that title again now that the organizations have become one. Big Tim is in big trouble when he has his next fight because the Heavyweight division is no longer a joke in the UFC. Good bye boring Tim Sylvia matches hello Barnett and Fedor and Nog
Kastro
7/2/07 2:40:10PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I agree Tim thinks hes a big bad man while i think hes ok hes got no chance of holding that title again now that the organizations have become one. Big Tim is in big trouble when he has his next fight because the Heavyweight division is no longer a joke in the UFC. Good bye boring Tim Sylvia matches hello Barnett and Fedor and Nog

LOL

I totally agree with you, im not bashing Tim in any way but I can honestly say I do not enjoy watching his fights and I do agree that "Big Tim is in big trouble" because all he really has is his size and the new fighters in the HW division aren't going to fall victim to a reach advantage, big Tim is going to get exposed..

nubby
7/2/07 3:56:51PM
But does Big Tim being exposed mean that Arlovski is not as good as people believe?
Piccosaur
7/2/07 4:13:50PM
Sylvia isn't a joke. If he lands a good punch goodnight Barnett.
CornishMMA
7/2/07 4:28:45PM
Fantastic news, while it would of been funny seeing him on the prelims it will be better watching him get destroyed by Big Nog or maybe Barnett or heck even Fedor in October
keith-hackney1
7/2/07 4:43:34PM
I dont rate tim, but if he's taking alot of time out, maybe, just maybe he's training hard, changing his style, getting good at everything and upon his return he will explode again like he first did when fighting in the ufc.
Aether
7/2/07 5:53:19PM
I watched arlovski achilles lock him again last night and it brought a smile to my face.
Kastro
7/2/07 6:24:52PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I dont rate tim, but if he's taking alot of time out, maybe, just maybe he's training hard, changing his style, getting good at everything and upon his return he will explode again like he first did when fighting in the ufc.

He exploded in the UFC in a HW division that had a very shallow talent pool, he would have not "exploded" in Pride at the time.. just my opinion of course.

I dont see the future looking too good for Tim Sylvia, but you never know, maybe he will pull it together.
Metafour
7/2/07 6:33:00PM

Posted by Kastro

Posted by keith-hackney1

He exploded in the UFC in a HW division that had a very shallow talent pool, he would have not "exploded" in Pride at the time.. just my opinion of course.

I dont see the future looking too good for Tim Sylvia, but you never know, maybe he will pull it together.

I totally agree with this post. With the new influx of talent in the UFC heavyweight division a big, slow and reluctant Tim Sylvia is going to have a hard road ahead of him.
Aether
7/2/07 6:33:47PM
yeah I mean look at who he was fighting when he "exploded" in the UFC... a premature stoppage over cabbage? KO tra telligman and Gan McGee? The only fighter that could really be considered a contender would be rodriguez, and let's not forget that the majority of these wins happened around the time he got caught juicing. He's a decent fighter, I'm not going to fighter bash and say he's awful etc. etc. but he's not going to touch the belt again, and the people he beat to get it in the first place weren't highly impressive either.
kevietre
7/2/07 10:10:05PM
The UFC Heavyweight division is shaping up nice. Sylvia had a boring fight against Monson who beat Marcio Cruz and Anthony Perosh to get a title shot. After Tim won the third fight with Arlovski he thought he would be on top for a while. Then came Couture out of nowhere. Keep in mind Brandon Vera still has a fight left on his contract and maybe we'll see Werdum again. Tim has no easy fights left if he wants to remain a contender.
Manfred
7/3/07 6:53:51AM
I'll give Tim this much, he works very hard. And I think the Militech guys are learning that gameplanning is critical. I think the majority of upsets lately are due to gameplanning.

If he can start coming out with something other than JAB, JAB, SPRAWL and STALL, he could have a chance against some top HWs

BTW, any reason on the delay? I thought his back surgery went fine
InkedUp
7/3/07 7:35:33AM
If Tim wasnt about 6 inches taller that 3/4 of the HW divisin he wouldnt have lasted this long. Hes kinda like that 7 foot russian boxer. Take away hsi height and all you have is one average fighter.
Aether
7/3/07 8:39:57AM
nikolai valuev, and I disagree, valuev is actually a well above average boxer with or without his reach and height advantage, but I understand where you're coming from. Frankly virtually no one in boxing is good anymore.
gotvape420
7/3/07 11:36:05AM
im ready to see vera in action again. there is a lot of talent that he hasnt got a chance to expose. and like everyone said before, the pride HWs coming in are going to flip the entire division upside down. no more lackluster HW bouts (other than couture of course, who is a badass).
hippysmacker
7/3/07 8:44:54PM

Posted by nubby

What the hell is taking so long? He needs to fight someone like Nog or Barnett so that we don't have to see him anymore.

He had back surgery. I think unless he comes in about 250 in shape, he will never even fight for the belt again.
jocksmall
7/3/07 9:01:01PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Sylvia isn't a joke. If he lands a good punch goodnight Barnett.

i will have to disagree . well everyone has a punchers chance but barnett would beat tim most of the time. he has a great chin and a very well rounded hw. i am sure he wouldnt let tim stand back and jab he would pressure him and if the fight went to the ground then barnett wins there as well