Big Tim and Ohio

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Big Tim and Ohio
roman
3/2/07 6:51:52PM
I guess everybody really does hate Sylvia, I know I don't fancy the big lug. But then again I would never boo the man (the guy is still a badass wheter he is cocky or not). At the weigh in he was welcomed with a big cheer of "boos" from the huge Ohio crowd. I don't know about you guys but that would make me want to fight ten times harder, like a "well I will show you guys" type of thing. Boy does he have to work on a fan base.
shawneth
3/2/07 7:09:31PM
You gotta feel bad for the guy eh? Imagine how crappy the guy must feel being the heavyweight champ and being hated by all. Now take the boo's from the weigh in and multiply that by 10000 when he is annouced at his fight. Big Tim is gonna really need to have a highlight real KO tommorow night he wants to regain any respect.
Stickan
3/2/07 7:24:33PM

Posted by roman
I know I don't fancy the big lug. But then again I would never boo the man (the guy is still a badass wheter he is cocky or not).

Exactly what I've always been thinking. If I had to choose an MMA fighting suicide candidate I'd go with Tim. People are just ******* jerks. Look at what the guy has accomplished!

I really really don't like him but I wouldn't boo him and I admit that he is a great fighter.

btw. Is the weigh-in video out yet? not live that is.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/2/07 7:33:24PM
i dont like timmy,as a person...at least in camera..he pisses me off how he talks and looks into the camera...

do you all think CroCop is gonna be in the house while he fights?....i really hope Crocop steps in the cage when(if) Tim says.."looks like Crocop is next....hope he comes ready,cuz im gonna knock his ass out"

do you think he would say that?
Hogzilla
3/2/07 7:50:24PM
Tim is under rated. You aint got to like the guy, He's a beast. This kinda stuff seems to surround him. The champ people love to hate! I got love Tim!
BloodandTears
3/3/07 11:18:00AM

Posted by Hogzilla

Tim is under rated. You aint got to like the guy, He's a beast. This kinda stuff seems to surround him. The champ people love to hate! I got love Tim!

I'm with you man, this guy continues to be dominate but cant seem to pull his fan base together. It may have something to do with him being a cocky mo fo
aceprone
3/3/07 11:23:55AM
What makes it even worse for Tim is Couture. People are going to hate Tim even more after he knocks Couture out. But I think it's also going to depend on what he says afterwards, He better watch what he says very closely about Randy after this fight. If he's a jerk off, there's no forgivening Tim, for talking crap on Randy. So will have to see what happens. This is his chance to redeem himself.
redmist
3/3/07 11:53:13AM
Sylvia knows it's the popular thing to do to boo him. It'll be a very different story in his daily life. i'm sure he gets appreciation, gets asked for autographs etc. i think it could be fun to have a whole arena boo you. might act as a catalyst for him. depends on his character.

That said i hope and pray Randy can somehow take this
BalledBull
3/3/07 11:54:52AM

Posted by aceprone

What makes it even worse for Tim is Couture. People are going to hate Tim even more after he knocks Couture out. But I think it's also going to depend on what he says afterwards, He better watch what he says very closely about Randy after this fight. If he's a jerk off, there's no forgivening Tim, for talking crap on Randy. So will have to see what happens. This is his chance to redeem himself.

No kidding Hes got a nitch though.
jocksmall
3/3/07 3:35:06PM
i hate the booing it makes me feel ashamed to even witness it. many think im hard on tim i dont think i am. i believe he is the 5th best hw so as champ he gets comparative criticism. i never boo even when i feel im not getting the show i thought i was going to get. i went to the ifl finals in mass. and poeple booed a fight there that ended up being a crappling match. there were several exiciting fights one grappling match the the ignorent crowd booed.
i wanted to stick my head in the sand i felt so sorry for the fighters.
the winner even felt the need to apologize, it was disgraceful