Who will be the next big thing?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who will be the next big thing?
BWWREPRESENT
4/12/07 10:57:13PM
Will it be Joe Lauzon? Sean Salmon? Corey The dog person thing? I can go on but who?
richieb19
4/12/07 11:36:35PM

Posted by BWWREPRESENT

Will it be Joe Lauzon? Sean Salmon? Corey The dog person thing? I can go on but who?

What did Sean Salmon do to impress you other than eat a kick to the teeth? IMHO the newcomer who has the most chance at being the next big thing has to be Sokoudjou... beating two top five fighters in a row in just over two minutes has to count for something...
VanellaL47
4/13/07 12:48:41AM
Sokoudjou has been extremely impressive...very fast and strong. I can't wait to see him fight again.
jaba
4/13/07 1:01:55AM
Haha ya definitely the karate kid himself sean salmon, but seriously without a doubt Sokoudjou
ncordless
4/13/07 1:14:30AM
Sokoudjou is the next thing right now. If Cung Le can crossover then in the future he could be big. As far as a little further down the line, look for Olympic wrestlers, Pro boxers, more K-1 fighters, to start trying their hand at MMA and train their ass off for real as the sport continues to explode.
Stickan
4/13/07 7:34:29AM
To add to the list, Frankie Edgar looked like a very complete fighter. I think he can go long. Same with Roger Huerta.
BWWREPRESENT
4/13/07 7:38:55AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by BWWREPRESENT

What did Sean Salmon do to impress you other than eat a kick to the teeth? IMHO the newcomer who has the most chance at being the next big thing has to be Sokoudjou... beating two top five fighters in a row in just over two minutes has to count for something...

i just threw out young peoples name
Mastodon2
4/13/07 7:42:03AM
Soku will be big, Its a shame he has no charisma, he will be another guy who gets loads of fights but is just boring.

Roger Huerta looked great though, gonna be big at LW!
jdubs
4/13/07 8:59:16AM
KOS, Huerta, VERA, and FEDOR
JunCTion
4/13/07 11:33:42AM

Posted by BWWREPRESENT

salmon

how about pellegrino?
grappler0000
4/13/07 11:14:58PM

Posted by jdubs

KOS, Huerta, VERA, and FEDOR

I'm fairly certain Fedor is already there.

xchickox
4/13/07 11:25:37PM
for me its all about roger huerta
hippysmacker
4/14/07 1:05:28AM
Have to agree with Sokoudjou, but I would add Aoki, he doesn't get near the respect I think he deserves.
We_Todd_Did
4/14/07 3:41:22AM
Sokodjou is a shoe-in. Same with most of the LWs mentioned. But I think everyone is forgetting one very important name here: Lyoto. Lots of people still don't know who he is. But they will soon.
methodman_90
4/14/07 3:05:45PM
IMO vitor shaolin ribeiro (sp?) has to be in the mix of the great up and comers. He would make a great LW champ and I think UFC or PRIDE have to sign him