Big Nog vs Vera Rumor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Big Nog vs Vera Rumor
-Virus-
4/16/07 8:06:13PM
I hope its true

With Randy Couture, Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic, Gabriel Gonzaga, Andrei Arlovski and Fabricio Werdum all tied up in the near future, there are few “big name” fighters available to fight the former PRIDE FC heavyweight champion.

In fact, the only other competitive option besides Vera is former UFC heavyweight titleholder Tim Sylvia.

Of course, the UFC can feed Nogueira a can or journeyman to build up name recognition among fans.

But a showdown with someone like Vera — a young and exciting fighter — would no doubt be a solid addition to any pay-per-view (PPV) card.

Link
Jamie98s
4/16/07 8:28:25PM
Nog would destroy him, and vera will feel like an idiot for holding out for so long because he thought he was the "best eva" and demanded tons of money
aznteabagger
4/16/07 8:56:26PM
obviously big nog would fuk up vera...xperience and the fact that he's a nog
-Virus-
4/16/07 10:30:43PM
The Nog family does have one bad Apple
his name is Egg Nog and he is not good at all

I agree with the article he will get destroyed
JoeRoganPwnsMMA
4/17/07 12:13:41AM
Awsome. Hope its true!
nellyhiphophead
4/17/07 1:05:00AM
i called it the next day after ufc 69 me and my friend were asking eachother who we thoght they would give big nog and i said vera. i think it would be a great fight and coudl co main event a card.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/17/07 4:22:34AM
Vera 1st or 2nd Round TKO.......i hope they dont make this fight...its too hard of a match for Big Nog for his debut..
batman32314
4/17/07 10:08:34AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Vera 1st or 2nd Round TKO.......i hope they dont make this fight...its too hard of a match for Big Nog for his debut..

You really think Vera will be the first man to stop Big Nog, not very likely. Nog by sub rd. 3.
loller90278
4/17/07 10:36:49AM
i'd rather see werdum vs nog II and gonzaga vs vera..
aznteabagger
4/17/07 1:11:01PM

Posted by loller90278

i'd rather see werdum vs nog II and gonzaga vs vera..

i agree i think werdum vs nog 2 would be an awsome rematch
hook_tothe_body
4/17/07 3:12:11PM
I don't think Vera will win or anything, but people are really counting him out. I think I'd give Vera a little bit of an edge on the feet, but Nog has good boxing as well.

Vera could use kicks to keep Nog away, stay on the outside and land shots.

But when it comes down to it, and if I bet on this fight if it happens, I'll be betting for Nog. 2nd round submission.
-Virus-
4/18/07 12:32:33PM
I'm guessing this will be on the first HBO event from other rumours i have heard
Ultimate_fighter
4/18/07 7:25:12PM
I wouldn't say Big Nog would smash Vera... Vera would put up a fight, i think. -Virus- is probably correct .... "it would probably be the first for HBO"
Fear_Wanderlei
4/19/07 10:40:13AM
What makes you guys believe he'd just tear Vera apart? Vera's no joke, and he's certainly not going to be getting walked over, or a "stepping stone."