Big Nog Vs Tim Sylvia

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Big Nog Vs Tim Sylvia
Next Page »
juanez13
12/30/07 6:59:08PM
how do people see this fight going???
tuvok500
12/30/07 7:04:49PM
I see Big Nog winning by ankle lock at rd 2 !!

juanez13
12/30/07 7:09:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

yea thats a possible ending, i see nog getting trip takedowns form the clinch, and tim might push him away with his long legs, and as he is pushing away nog, he just grabs a hold of it (like arlovski did in their first fight).......

even though ita likely way to end im gonna say nog wins 2nd round armbar, he is in side control, and just grabs a hold of tims arm, and rips it off, becuase if the mir fight against sylvia says anything is that sylvia wont tap...but who knows
cmill21
12/30/07 7:18:44PM
i'm picking big tim because every time I pick someone I really like they lose. So Tim by SD.
loonytnt
12/30/07 7:39:22PM
how many times did nog fight in the ufc?? 1 i can remember, did he fight more then that
nickcuc547
12/30/07 8:20:18PM
i know it isnt the most popular opinion but i think big tim will win. i think he will defend the take down and or avoid submissions well enough and catch nog with a big shot late. i do think tim will be taken down, if monson could take him down then nog can. but tim has phenomenal sub defense and i think eventually tim will land the big shot and get the ko, nog isnt known for his chin.
SqWaGGy
12/30/07 9:46:28PM
I'd love to see Nog take it, but I just see Tim doing the whole sprawl and jab strategy straight to a decision victory. I don't see Tim finishing Nog, and I think Nog finishing Tim is highly unlikely as well.
aolverizon
12/30/07 9:57:32PM
i got big nog by anaconda choke in the 2nd
jae_1833
12/30/07 10:31:58PM
I have to go with Tim on this one....He's just got better hands. I think he will find a home for them on Big Nog's big nog!!
chris_leben_rules
12/30/07 10:43:32PM
Tim by 2nd rd TKO
juanez13
12/30/07 11:22:43PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i know it isnt the most popular opinion but i think big tim will win. i think he will defend the take down and or avoid submissions well enough and catch nog with a big shot late. i do think tim will be taken down, if monson could take him down then nog can. but tim has phenomenal sub defense and i think eventually tim will land the big shot and get the ko, nog isnt known for his chin.

i respect your opinion and everything, but i completely disagree with BIg Nog isnt know for his chin???????????????????????????
wasnt he kicked by cro cop right in the face and didnt get KO'd, or the shots he took from sapp, or the kick he took from herring, have you seen his fight with fedor??????? he took tremendous amount of punish but never did he get KO'd......Nog can take huge amount of punishment, and his recovery is very quick.....i respect your opinion but saying nog doesnt have a good chin is just foolish
Boo_Radley21
12/30/07 11:31:52PM
When Herring kicked him he dropped and Herring was too afraid to go in and finish him because he didn't want to get subbed. I think Tim will be motivated enough in this fight for a third heavyweight belt that if he does end up dropping Nog he won't be scared to follow it up with some ground and pound or at least keep the pressure on him. After all, we have seen Tim's arm get broken because he didn't want to tap.
puppetmaster837
12/30/07 11:38:15PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by nickcuc547

i respect your opinion and everything, but i completely disagree with BIg Nog isnt know for his chin???????????????????????????
wasnt he kicked by cro cop right in the face and didnt get KO'd, or the shots he took from sapp, or the kick he took from herring, have you seen his fight with fedor??????? he took tremendous amount of punish but never did he get KO'd......Nog can take huge amount of punishment, and his recovery is very quick.....i respect your opinion but saying nog doesnt have a good chin is just foolish

He has fought Fedor 3x, Cro Cop, Bob Sapp, Dan Henderson a couple times, Heath Herring a few times, and Semmy Schilt and never once has he been TKO'd. He is known for having a chin made out of steel. and he will eat anything Tim has.
juanez13
12/31/07 12:15:28AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

When Herring kicked him he dropped and Herring was too afraid to go in and finish him because he didn't want to get subbed. I think Tim will be motivated enough in this fight for a third heavyweight belt that if he does end up dropping Nog he won't be scared to follow it up with some ground and pound or at least keep the pressure on him. After all, we have seen Tim's arm get broken because he didn't want to tap.

of course, im not saying Nog is impossible to knock out ...rampage has a hell of chin but he has been KO'd, but saying that they dont have a good chin is just ridiculous
Pitbull09
12/31/07 12:45:33AM
After seeing so many Pride fighters lose recently in the UFC and how Big Nog almost got KO'ed by Heath Herring, I think im going with Sylvia surprisingly
cmill21
12/31/07 12:46:47AM
Nog is known to have an incredible chin. He ducked into a mid kick, and was stunned, but not enough to go out, and the reason Herring got out of the guard was because no one besides Fedor wants to be anywhere near nog's guard.
candynuts
12/31/07 1:21:28AM
Sylvia by decision (Because I dont think he can KO nog, im not sure too many people actually could) Or Nog by submission/decision.

It doesnt matter to much to me, im a fan of both so either way I can be satisfied with the result. My eyes (along with a majority of others) will be on the Lesnar and Mir fight.
cmill21
12/31/07 3:30:45AM
I just had a thought. If Nog dominates Big Tim, we're talking out boxing for 2 mins then takes him down and gets and arm bar ect in like 4 mins I bet Randy would be like well damn maybe he is "good enough" for me to fight and come back to face him. I think thats the only chance we'll see Randy back in the UFC.
Purge
12/31/07 6:19:06AM
I read somewhere on the M-1 site, that Nog is training his strength, takedowns and grappling like crazy, so im going for Nog.
Smd277
1/3/08 2:06:02PM
I want tim to k/o him so badly but the only hope tim has in this one is early round 1 ko otherwise he will get tired, taken down, and submitted!
Dragonscale
1/3/08 5:53:41PM
I agree with another poster Nog is from Pride, pride fighters generally dont do as well moving over.

Besides, big tims back is better than ever and hes ready to go!
Kracker_Jap
1/3/08 6:01:00PM
The law of averages say's that Tim will win.....

I mean not to beat a dead horse but,

Most of the now famous Ex-pride vs UFC vets fights have gone the way of UFC Vets......
nickcuc547
1/3/08 6:18:06PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by nickcuc547

not in his recent fights though (Barnett, Herring). recently he has looked like a fighter that has taken one too many beatings and it's starting to wear on him. that's what i was trying to say.
DevonFoxy
1/3/08 9:31:29PM
Sorry but if Nog gets KO'd by Big Tim and Cro Cop couldn't KO him then Nog must have just walked in and held his chin out.

I respect Tim's striking but i respect Nog's chin a lot more. I really REALLY hope Nog submits Tim and walks out with the "interm" Title. Randy hasn't faced Big Nog yet and thats a challenge i think he would get up for. I think Nog arm bars Tim or he gets a UD i don't really see a rear naked choke or any other subs but i do see Nog being able to take Tim down and keeping him there perhaps a leg lock too could happen but i don't see it happening.

Props to Cmill for the Randy comment unfortunately i must spread the love so ill have to get you later
Kastro
1/3/08 9:58:47PM
I got Nog by pretty much anything he wants... he has a chin of granite and has improved immensely on his standup.. he's not that short either at 6'4 I think he will be a bit too much for Sylvia...

Never know with Big Tim though I have bet against him plenty in the past and paid for it so.... I see Nog winning this by some type of submission late in the 1st or 2nd round.
gsquat
1/4/08 2:54:47PM
I originally had Tim to win this one, but after looking back at the Vera fight, its gotta go to Nog. I don't think theres any doubt that Nog can take a hit, fortunately for him I don't think he'll have to. He'll be able to get tim down and twist one of those giant hooves til he taps.
shocktek
1/4/08 2:56:51PM
silvia by working hard and not being on supplements like all the pride fighters that come to ufc and fail.
gsquat
1/4/08 3:19:14PM

Posted by shocktek

silvia by working hard and not being on supplements like all the pride fighters that come to ufc and fail.

Nog didn't fail. He won his debut. Sylvia is a flabby nerd. If he worked "hard" his physique would show it. Currently his physique suggests many doughnuts.
barkoff
1/4/08 4:12:46PM
I gotta go with Nog. Tim's aggression improved in his fight with Vera, but I still think he won't bring enough aggression to knock out Nog. Jabs just aren't going to do it. I see Nog winning by getting a hold of an arm or leg in the 3rd.
telnights
1/4/08 5:07:33PM

Posted by tuvok500

You got it down to the submission even.

But I agree with Nog by Sub late 2nd or early 3rd
Pages: [1] 2