Big Nog will probably retire if/when he loses at Rio

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Big Nog will probably retire if/when he loses at Rio
POLL: Do you think Nog retires if he loses to Schaub, bad fight or close fight?
Yes, he will hang it up 29% (8)
No, he will keep fighting 46% (13)
Who cares, he will beat Schaub 18% (5)
Schaub retires when he loses 7% (2)
Cooler
8/26/11 5:48:15PM
He said recently he rushed his rehab because the fight was happening in Brazil (more specifically rio, his hown town). And seeing him at the weigh in pudgy, disoriented and a decreped version of the Nog in Pride...I really think its wise to bet on Schaub as much as its going to suck watching another hero go down. I just think its time for him to go if he doesnt at least put up a good fight where he doesnt take much damage, he says he's fighting injury free but right after that he said he rushed his rehab...If he gets brutally KO'd or outclassed by Schaub do you think retirment is imminent?
FastKnockout
8/26/11 5:55:23PM
I'm thinking he won't retire, even though I think he should if he loses this fight. If he does retire, it will probably be due to the old "Chuck" treatment, where Dana sits him down and talks him into it.
KungFuMaster
8/26/11 5:58:51PM
NO.

I do not want to see Big Nog retire at the hands of Schaub. If he wants to retire, he needs to campaign for notable opponents like Fedor, Crocop, or Mir for his retirement fight.
Poor_Franklin
8/26/11 6:16:23PM
sorry I didnt see anything that made him look disoriented. did i miss something?
Chael_Sonnen
8/26/11 6:28:44PM

Posted by Cooler

He said recently he rushed his rehab because the fight was happening in Brazil (more specifically rio, his hown town). And seeing him at the weigh in pudgy, disoriented and a decreped version of the Nog in Pride...I really think its wise to bet on Schaub as much as its going to suck watching another hero go down. I just think its time for him to go if he doesnt at least put up a good fight where he doesnt take much damage, he says he's fighting injury free but right after that he said he rushed his rehab...If he gets brutally KO'd or outclassed by Schaub do you think retirment is imminent?

Yes, he will hang it up

The Hybrid = Pride Legend Killer
Cooler
8/26/11 6:43:00PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

sorry I didnt see anything that made him look disoriented. did i miss something?

He walked toward an imaginary scale, dana had to correct him
Chael_Sonnen
8/26/11 6:48:22PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Maybe he thought it was a horse and he was gonna feed it a carrot
Poor_Franklin
8/26/11 7:53:17PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Poor_Franklin

ha i totally missed that!

doesn't he have little to no vision in one of his eyes? i remember hearing that a while back & cant help but wonder that if it is true how much it affects him in a fight
emfleek
8/26/11 10:41:39PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

doesn't he have little to no vision in one of his eyes? i remember hearing that a while back & cant help but wonder that if it is true how much it affects him in a fight

I find it hard to believe that any Athletic Commission would even allow him to fight if that were the case.
kopower
8/26/11 11:11:17PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I find it hard to believe that any Athletic Commission would even allow him to fight if that were the case.

I heard his original eyes were switched out with his less talented brothers eyes. You saw Minority Report. Makes sense with the long layoff. Our technology just isn't up to speed yet, so his recovery took longer than a few hours.
Poor_Franklin
8/27/11 5:38:40AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

not saying i necessarily BELIEVE it, just was curious if anyone has ever heard the rumor.
prozacnation1978
8/27/11 1:05:07PM
its a big possibilty if he does lose
i still think he may fight on more time against crocop/nelson winner
BuffaloDave
8/27/11 2:20:48PM
He's had such a long lay-off that I think he fights at least one more time after he gets put to sleep tonight.
40ouncetpkid
8/28/11 3:19:57AM
Had a feeling he'd win. Schaub just isn't that good. But think he should have retired anyway on top.