Big Nog's opponent for UFC 73 in CA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Big Nog's opponent for UFC 73 in CA
Next Page »
www-WeLoan-us
5/5/07 6:23:51PM
you heard it here FIRST...Heath Herring....
warglory
5/5/07 6:53:26PM
Poor Heath, two losses in a row in the UFC.
nate22
5/5/07 7:24:13PM
Poor move by the UFC if this is true. Source?

Nog by decision, took him nearly 15 minutes last time to sub Herring and you have to presume Herrings going to fight hard to show his worth to the UFC.

Shame there's no big knees to the head, about the only was I could see Heath finishing the fight.
Kastro
5/5/07 7:41:06PM
Are you sure he's fighting Herring? I heard he was fighting Justin McCully but that could have changed into Herring who knows..

Kastro
5/5/07 7:43:53PM

Posted by warglory

Poor Heath, two losses in a row in the UFC.

BTW Heath is 1-1 in the UFC, he lost his debut to Jake O'Brien and he won his last fight against Brad Imes @ UFC 69 but it wasn't televised so not too many people saw the fight (which went to a decision).
rcg916
5/5/07 7:48:00PM
source?
www-WeLoan-us
5/5/07 8:00:18PM
Me....I am the source we sponsor him...the signing was today...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
rcg916
5/6/07 1:17:27AM
lol, good enough for me!

ok, it wasnt, but here's confirmation! Thanks for the info man! Feel free to drop those kind of diamonds as often as you want!

FOR THE NON BELIEVERS (LINK)

Fanboy 1988
5/6/07 1:49:19AM
alittle off topic but I was wondering if anyone had a link to Heath's fight with Brad, I've been wanting to see it for a while now. And they never showed it ???
rcg916
5/6/07 3:52:21AM

Posted by Fanboy 1988

alittle off topic but I was wondering if anyone had a link to Heath's fight with Brad, I've been wanting to see it for a while now. And they never showed it ???

tried to shoot you a link, but it says you arent a valid user... im me an email address
Fanboy 1988
5/6/07 4:20:09AM

tried to shoot you a link, but it says you arent a valid user... im me an email address

Alrighty, sent ya a im, anything you can find would be great
Mastodon2
5/6/07 4:35:37AM

Posted by nate22

Poor move by the UFC if this is true. Source?

Nog by decision, took him nearly 15 minutes last time to sub Herring and you have to presume Herrings going to fight hard to show his worth to the UFC.

Shame there's no big knees to the head, about the only was I could see Heath finishing the fight.

And you think Nog isnt going to fight hard on his debut? Herring took Imes to a decision, if he couldnt finish Imes I wouldnt be too confident in his ability to finish the big Nogueira...

just a thought!
Svartorm
5/6/07 5:01:08AM
Yeah, this doesn't look good for Herring. Besides the fact hes been beaten by Nog twice, Nog has improved his stand-up since the last encounter, and Herring has blown out a knee. That sucks because I like Herring, and I don't want to see him get thrown under the bus to push another mma star.
www-WeLoan-us
5/6/07 9:39:01AM
would rather see herring fight Nog than Mcully fight Nog??????? Brad Imes is a BEAST if anyone saw the fight with herring and brad they would know that heath DOMINATED the fight...Bring on Nog
rcg916
5/6/07 12:42:47PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

would rather see herring fight Nog than Mcully fight Nog??????? Brad Imes is a BEAST if anyone saw the fight with herring and brad they would know that heath DOMINATED the fight...Bring on Nog

Sorry bud, Imes is a B level fighter... Imes fought a good fight, but herring is going to have to step it up to hang with someone like Nog (or Vera, Couture, Sylvia, Arlovski, ... pretty much any A gamer..)

no disrespect, Herring is an established star... but hes not on Nog's level. Theres only a few who are....
rcg916
5/6/07 12:43:41PM

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Alrighty, sent ya a im, anything you can find would be great

alright I sent a link to your email, let me know if theres a prob DL'ing...
Mastodon2
5/6/07 12:59:15PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

Sorry bud, Imes is a B level fighter... Imes fought a good fight, but herring is going to have to step it up to hang with someone like Nog (or Vera, Couture, Sylvia, Arlovski, ... pretty much any A gamer..)

no disrespect, Herring is an established star... but hes not on Nog's level. Theres only a few who are....

Again, sorry to bash Imes, the little we saw of him on TUF2 made him look like a nice guy, but I dont think he is cut out to be an MMA fighter, he is just a really big footballer trying to use his size to dominate. I cant even consider him a b level, his skills are just so undeveloped. He is a nice guy but he isnt a top fighter.

Herring on the other hand used to be good, never top echelon, but always tough, and full of heart. At least he still has his heart, a bit of that can pull you through the worst of times!
loller90278
5/6/07 1:29:16PM
so hypothetically.. if big nog loses.. is heath herrin considered a ufc fighter now ?
www-WeLoan-us
5/6/07 3:22:24PM
only time will tell......Of course Heath will have to step up for this fight .Anyone fighting Big nog will have to step up...
xchickox
5/6/07 4:16:03PM
easy win for Big Nog in this one
rcg916
5/6/07 4:23:58PM
sub round 2, imo
Fanboy 1988
5/6/07 4:30:15PM

alright I sent a link to your email, let me know if theres a prob DL'ing...

It's working good now, thanks again
rcg916
5/6/07 5:38:24PM
good, enjoy...
Lay_N_Pray
5/6/07 5:41:32PM
I will agree Big Nog wins, but I think people are overlooking this fight a little much. We all have to remember what has been happening recentley and if Big Nog thinks he can come in and score an easy sub he will be in trouble.

All it takes is one punch from Herring and the fight could end, so Nog needs to focus and not overlook Heath and he should be fine.
www-WeLoan-us
5/6/07 6:53:06PM
agree....ANYTHING can happen in MMA ,,ANYTHING..Also lets not forget Nog vs Hearring is a GREAT FIGHT, and the buyout of pride is starting to provide these great matchups..Who wants to see a A level fighters fight a D level fighter thats no fun. UFC 73 is evidence that we will see great matchups. IMO WEC is going to be the "minor" league s of the UFC. All the SUB par fighters have been fighting in the WEC already , and I think that is great because that expands the sport, WEC will debut I believe June 7tth on Versus/outdoor network (free cable TV) so I really think they have a great platform set , and hopefully the ratings are good.
rcg916
5/6/07 7:24:12PM
nog/vera >nog/herring

who else do you guys sponsor, if you dont mind me asking? Its kind of nice to have this side of the fight game represented on the forums... welcome, btw
www-WeLoan-us
5/6/07 8:01:41PM
Joe Stevenson

THiago Alves

Heath Herring

David Heath

Din Thomas

Frank Mir

Kit Cope

Hans Burnett ( Rage in the cage)

Brandon Taylor ( amatuer trains w/ Jeremy Horn)

or just go to www.WeLoan.US and click on the sponsorship link its updated weekly as we add new MMA fighters
rcg916
5/6/07 8:26:49PM
nice group there man... and thanks for supporting mma... not enough companies do it.
www-WeLoan-us
5/6/07 11:01:33PM
I agree...thanks for the compliment...keep checking my website for updates and my new signings..
kaduey
5/16/07 11:43:50PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

Buddy Nog already owned Herring twice in Pride. What makes you think things are gonna change? This fight actually pisses me of because I want to see Brandon Vera get a whoopin from Big Nog.
Pages: [1] 2