Big Nog vs. Kongo Agreed for UFC 149 in Calgary

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Big Nog vs. Kongo Agreed for UFC 149 in Calgary
Budgellism
4/25/12 12:12:55AM
The same day that UFC president Dana White announced that he is likely taking featherweight champion Jose Aldo off of the fight card in Calgary, the Calgary Sun reported that Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira would face Cheick Kongo at UFC 149.

Though the Calgary Sun cited anonymous sources pointing to the fight, the UFC’s Canadian contingent endorsed the report by re-tweeting it.

LINK
Pookie
4/25/12 12:15:38AM
Nog by tko two fights in a row?
DrivenDavies15
4/25/12 12:15:39AM
woah, didn't see that coming! Great fight but Kongo's going to sleep
KingCmb
4/25/12 12:18:03AM
nog via sub in similiar fashion to what frank did to kongo
KingCmb
4/25/12 12:20:02AM

Posted by Pookie

care to elaborate i thought the Mir fight happend after the shaub fight so unless im missing something i dont get it?
Poor_Franklin
4/25/12 12:35:02AM
another nice fight announcement today! Dana Claus gives gifts all year round!
Twenty20Dollars
4/25/12 1:14:42AM
HW's getting some work.
prophecy033
4/25/12 1:20:48AM
If Nog can get it to the ground i see him pulling out a sub
Pookie
4/25/12 2:16:23AM

Posted by the-king

Posted by Pookie

care to elaborate i thought the Mir fight happend after the shaub fight so unless im missing something i dont get it?

Oh yes. You are correct.

Nog by tko three fights in a row!
hashyandy4
4/25/12 2:18:08AM
I luv this fight!! Doesnt make a lot sense, but i still luv it. I think Nog mite get the sub.
SmileR
4/25/12 7:33:36AM
sparky
4/25/12 7:47:39AM
Nog should beat Kongo fairly easily but Kongo does possess huge knock out power so he definitely has a punchers chance in this one
KingCmb
4/25/12 8:39:53AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by the-king

Posted by Pookie

Oh yes. You are correct.

Nog by tko three fights in a row!

haha id prop you if i could
prozacnation1978
4/25/12 8:45:26AM
I guess the rumored carwin vs Kongo match in Calgary never did finalize.

I do like the match. If Kongo wins big nog should retire
airkerma
4/25/12 9:52:14AM
Kongo *should* be able to win with his power, range, and kicks. However, even after the many battles Nog has been in, I think his chin >> than kongos chin. I agree with whoever said it would go in the manner it did with Mir: knock down then sub for Nog.
ghandikush
4/25/12 10:41:08AM
Kongo by fencerape and ballsmash unfortunately. however if they actually uphold the rules for once in a Kongo fight Big Nog by decision.
TeamDEY
4/25/12 3:04:30PM
sort of random... i see nog winning
KungFuMaster
4/25/12 3:52:40PM
I like Nog just as much as the next fan ( in-fact, he's one of my favorites ) but I simply do not see him being able to beat a monster like Kongo. Nog would need to get a take down which I don't see happening. Nog would need to land a hard shot which I could see happening but after calculating the degree of difficulty, I say Kongo has the upper hand in this one.
bjj1605
4/25/12 6:59:12PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I like Nog just as much as the next fan ( in-fact, he's one of my favorites ) but I simply do not see him being able to beat a monster like Kongo. Nog would need to get a take down which I don't see happening. Nog would need to land a hard shot which I could see happening but after calculating the degree of difficulty, I say Kongo has the upper hand in this one.

I think Nog is tougher, a better technical boxer, and way better on the ground.

The only thing Kongo has going for him is bigger pecs.
Pookie
4/25/12 7:07:40PM
Kongo normally obfuscates his sub-par takedown defense with takedowns of his own.

But he's not going to do that to Nog, because that would be a death sentence. Kongo's going to have to worry about the takedown and the strikes, and i think because of that he gets caught on the feet.
tn_rebel
4/25/12 9:12:33PM
another ground lesson for Kongo
KungFuMaster
4/25/12 10:05:53PM
Nog is definitely the better technical fighter. He has decent boxing and an excellent ground game. His weakness is the ability to take his opponents down and that will certainly open the doors for Kongo to utilize his reach and size. If Kongo is to beat Nog, he will be doing so with brute strength and reach and that is what I'm banking on.

edit - I meant inability.
ghandikush
4/26/12 5:55:33AM

Posted by Pookie

Kongo normally obfuscates his sub-par takedown defense with takedowns of his own.

But he's not going to do that to Nog, because that would be a death sentence. Kongo's going to have to worry about the takedown and the strikes, and i think because of that he gets caught on the feet.

I sure hope so.
Poor_Franklin
4/26/12 3:27:14PM

Posted by Pookie

obfuscates

I LEARNED A NEW WORD TODAY!!!!!!

i originally thought it was a typo