Big Nog/Herman, Teixeira/Maldonaldo added to Rio card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Big Nog/Herman, Teixeira/Maldonaldo added to Rio card
infestructure
9/13/12 8:36:35AM
~LINK~

Just a day after being hit by two major injuries, the UFC 153 card planned for Rio has bounced back with not two but three huge new fights.

Already 2-0 in the UFC at light heavyweight, pound for pound king Anderson Silva will head 20 pounds north once more on Saturday, October 13 to meet former Ultimate Fighter finalist Stephan Bonnar in the new three-round main event of UFC 153 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.The news was broken by USA Today on Wednesday evening.

The bout comes on the heels of the injury to featherweight champion Jose Aldo that forced the postponement of the card’s original headliner pitting Aldo against Frankie Edgar.

The UFC 153 card also has a new co-main event, as Brazilian bomber Fabio Maldonado will replace Quinton "Rampage" Jackson against countryman Glover Teixeira. The recent retirement of Jorgen Kruth had bumped Maldonado off September 29th's card in Nottingham,

Also added to the event in Rio de Janeiro is a heavyweight bout between the legendary Minotauro Nogueira and the always-dangerous Dave Herman.

UFC officials confirmed that the main card will now boast six bouts.

Sick fights

~LINK~
frizzzlecake
9/13/12 3:24:09PM
Always-Dangerous Dave Herman? thanks for the laugh!:)

Big Country destroyed whatever Dave had for a Chin. Big Nog Via flying armbar after rocking Dave! Please Big Nog Get cocky on the ground and show us stuff we haven't seen.

Maldonaldo :( I think if he loses he could get his walking papers. I hope not Maldonaldo's boxing is a beauty to watch.
bjj1605
9/13/12 4:11:06PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Big Country destroyed whatever Dave had for a Chin. Big Nog Via flying armbar after rocking Dave! Please Big Nog Get cocky on the ground and show us stuff we haven't seen.

Maldonaldo :( I think if he loses he could get his walking papers. I hope not Maldonaldo's boxing is a beauty to watch.

Maldonaldo might get a bi even if he loses.

Usually stepping up to take a tough fight on short notice will win you some points.
frizzzlecake
9/13/12 6:05:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by frizzzlecake

Maldonaldo might get a bi even if he loses.

Usually stepping up to take a tough fight on short notice will win you some points.

true and his last fight he won in the eyes of Dana and a lot of other people.
ncordless
9/13/12 8:50:22PM
I doubt Maldonaldo gets cut if he loses. He's had some questionable UD losses, and is generally fun to watch fight. I'm pretty sure they've identified him as a guy to keep on board unless he starts getting finished. I would love to see him lose the love handles and make that drop to 185.
Teixeria/Maldonado is a really good fight. I thought they might try to fast-track Glover a bit, but this will be a good test for his ability to take some punishment and go deep.

prozacnation1978
9/13/12 10:57:09PM
Fabio vs Glover co main ??
Give me a break I would rather have
Big nog vs Herman or Fitch vs Silva as co main
airkerma
9/14/12 9:54:56AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Fabio vs Glover co main ??
Give me a break I would rather have
Big nog vs Herman or Fitch vs Silva as co main

Like ncordless said, fast tracking Glover. Co main win > main card win as far as promoting goes.
fullerene
9/17/12 10:52:56AM
Teixera is going to be 33 soon. So if he's going to get to the championships level, something he has at least a decent possibility of achieving, it's going to have to be on the fast track.