Who should Big Nog fight next

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who should Big Nog fight next
chickmagnet
7/21/07 6:41:45PM
Big Nog didn't have the best performance, but here are some options
that i think would be good

Tim Sylvia
Brandon Vera
Assuerrio Silva
Jake O'Brien
(maybe Andrei)
juanez13
7/21/07 6:50:29PM
i think its andrei arlovski, cus andrei hasnt fought in over 3 months ad still doesnt noe who he is fighting, it only makes sense he fights AA for a shot at the title,
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Btews22
7/21/07 7:02:15PM
i would like to see a rematch between Big Nog and CroCop
fedorwins1
7/21/07 7:05:12PM
I have a feeling it will be Andrei.
SteedTheDeed
7/21/07 7:22:22PM
AA sounds good.
Twenty20Dollars
7/21/07 7:49:28PM
jake o'brien most likely not.

Tim, Andrei, Vera or Eddie Sanchez
kevietre
7/21/07 7:53:28PM
Nog Vs. Monson would be interesting and if the old Frank Mir returns then Nog vs. Mir would be crazy.
CwB
7/21/07 9:59:05PM
I want to see Nog vs Vera,
someone needs to test vera so we can see how good he really is,

Nog vs AA
this is a great fight too, but i would rather see vera nog
Kisame
7/21/07 10:16:36PM
Someone from UFC

All the pride guys are coming to ufc and just fighting each other.
fullerene
7/22/07 12:38:03AM
Those are all interesting matchups but if I was Joe SIlva I'd feed one more mid-card guy to him before I took on the likes of Arlovski, Crocop or Sylvia.

He's arguably the #2 HW in the world and the #1 HW sub artist, but how does anyone who hasn't seen Pride know that? All they've seen is a decision win over another guy (Herring) they haven't seen much of. A highlight reel sub over a guy like Eddy Sanchez or Gan Magee will help build some hype for a fight against the Gonzaga-Couture winner (which Is what I think they have in mind for him).
rcg916
7/22/07 1:30:55AM
O'Brien has a possibly career ending injury, so for sure not him...
LHK
7/22/07 3:03:44AM
Arlovski for #1 contender seems right. Who would win this one? Maybe we would see some of AA's sambo skills

I think werewolf Arlovski takes this (maybe even tentative AA). Nog's countless wars in the ring seem to be catching up to him if Herring 3 was any indication.

cmill21
7/22/07 3:18:09AM
I think big nog would demolish AA. We saw big nog's boxing skill in the last match and saw that he still has a chin(even though he looked pretty dazed). I've never been impressed with AA, I guess I don't feel beating big tim(1 of 3), cabbage, and werdum is a real big deal.
duggy
7/22/07 3:57:34AM
i dont really care who he fights next. i just wanna see him and randy tangle some time down the road.
masodd
7/22/07 12:59:47PM
vera or arlovski but i would rather see vera........i would take vera in that fight but not arlovski
Boo_Radley21
7/22/07 2:03:22PM
I actually think Arlovski could KO him. Herring dropped him with one of the worst kicks I've ever seen.
TOMMYAYO05
7/23/07 12:02:02AM
Vera,Andrei,Sylvia one of them
Ultimate_fighter
7/23/07 3:41:18AM
AA would be the best, and if not, vera
Pandaiga
7/25/07 2:41:21PM
to be honest, i wasnt impressed with big nog at all. I think aa may even give him trouble.
soundboy1
2/3/08 9:29:37AM
I could have sworn that Mir earned himself a title fight last night.Randy is out for now .So we should have Nog vs mir. Randy should fight the winner. then Fedor. That would answer a lot of questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
MMALifer
2/3/08 12:10:58PM

Posted by kevietre

Nog Vs. Monson would be interesting and if the old Frank Mir returns then Nog vs. Mir would be crazy.

Agreed on Nog vs Mir. Both have similar styles.
cmill21
2/3/08 12:55:10PM

Posted by Pandaiga

to be honest, i wasnt impressed with big nog at all. I think aa may even give him trouble.

No you weren't impressed with the fact he can take a punch and keep moving for subs no matter what? Or that his boxing is really crisp and he won the 2nd round IMO by out boxing a guy 4 inches taller? Or the fact that if you give him any opening of any kind he'll submit you in the blink of an eye? I guess not much in mma impresses you.
ncordless
2/3/08 1:55:38PM

Posted by soundboy1

I could have sworn that Mir earned himself a title fight last night.Randy is out for now .So we should have Nog vs mir. Randy should fight the winner. then Fedor. That would answer a lot of questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So Mir pulls a sub after getting pwned by a guy with one fight under his belt and that makes him deserve a shot? Frank Mir's ground game is not in the same league as Nog's. Nog's boxing is better and both of their takedowns are fairly weak. This is one of the few matchups where I think there is ZERO chance of Mir winning.

Really, unless Couture comes back there is no clear cut match for Nog right now. I think we need to see a round of HW matchups before a clear contender emerges. Werdum has been rumored to be the no. 1 contender, but with Nog winning I don't really think this fight makes sense. Nog won the first matchup convincingly, and Werdum's moniker as "a poor man's Noguiera" really doesn't speak well for the style matchup.
Pitbull09
2/3/08 2:17:52PM
Not Sylvia for sure, the division is to good for a rubber match.

These people if they have a great win in their next fight
Kongo
AA
Werdum

If they win twice
CC
Jake O'Brian
Vera (Maybe three wins but I dont see that happening)
Frank Mir
Pitbull09
2/3/08 2:21:39PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pandaiga

No you weren't impressed with the fact he can take a punch and keep moving for subs no matter what? Or that his boxing is really crisp and he won the 2nd round IMO by out boxing a guy 4 inches taller? Or the fact that if you give him any opening of any kind he'll submit you in the blink of an eye? I guess not much in mma impresses you.

^^Agreed, I personally thought Sylvia could KO Nog but that guy is the same warrior he was in Pride and stuck threw it until a chance for a submission came open. He had a great jab too to Tim's face in the second round
ncordless
2/3/08 2:42:47PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pandaiga

^^Agreed, I personally thought Sylvia could KO Nog but that guy is the same warrior he was in Pride and stuck threw it until a chance for a submission came open. He had a great jab too to Tim's face in the second round

Ummm, to be fair look at the date that Pandaiga posted... he was talking about the Herring fight.
jiujitsufreak74
2/3/08 2:44:22PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pandaiga

guys...look at the date of those posts, they are talking about his fight with herring. and cmill, i don't agree with nog winning the second round of the fight, but it was still admirable of amazing that he was able to come back like that. you can't be disappointed in either fighter after that fight and i hope nog beats werdum again so randy or fedor might come in although i t is unlikely.

btw, why was this thread TTT? it is from nog's last fight with herring so why couldn't we just leave it alone?
Manfred
2/3/08 5:50:45PM
Did I miss something??

Dana announced after UFC 80 that Werdum gets the winner and the next shot..

Did something change?