Big Nog favors a fight pitting dos Santos against Mir or Hunt over of a rematch with Velasquez

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Big Nog favors a fight pitting dos Santos against Mir or Hunt over of a rematch with Velasquez
prophecy033
4/16/12 1:57:39AM
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira would like to see his friend and teammate, Junior dos Santos, fight either Frank Mir or Mark Hunt instead of a rematch with Cain Velasquez whom he last defeated according to fightersonlymagazine.co.uk.

Dos Santos' current opponent, Alistair Overeem, is at risk of being removed from the upcoming UFC 146 heavyweight title bout due to a recently failed drug test. Overeem will appear before the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) on April 24 for a hearing as well as requesting for a fight license.

Link
Budgellism
4/16/12 2:01:41AM
So does everyone Big Nog
jae_1833
4/16/12 11:01:16AM
That's because they are both "safer" fights IMO. Hunt is batting .500 for his record and Mir's chin has been questionable for a while. I still want JDS vs Overeem is a strikers delight.
DancingDoll
4/16/12 1:14:36PM
Yeah, I'd much rather see a rematch with Velasquez - much more exciting.

Watching him walk through Mir or Hunt will be more like just checking off an easy win. But hey, let him enjoy wearing that belt for a while. He does deserve it. :)
sparky
4/16/12 1:27:24PM
I dont agree with Cain getting a rematch immediately he got smoked in less then 90 seconds the first time.

I personally think Mir is the better choice but thats just my opinion
Dberntson
4/16/12 2:29:02PM
If its not Allistar, then I want Hendo to take on Jr..
george112
4/16/12 2:44:52PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Yeah, I'd much rather see a rematch with Velasquez - much more exciting.

Watching him walk through Mir or Hunt will be more like just checking off an easy win. But hey, let him enjoy wearing that belt for a while. He does deserve it. :)

While I do think JDS would win against Hunt fairly easily I don't think he would as easily against Mir.

Mir has much more flexibility as far as doing more on offense. He can go to the ground. something I would be very surprised to see from Hunt. Well actually I wouldn't expect to see that at all
hashyandy4
4/16/12 2:57:59PM
Id rather see Mir, its 2 soon 4 the JDS/Cain rematch
Sir_Karl
4/16/12 6:22:35PM
Nog says that because his buddy JDS may not have such an easy time in a rematch with Velasquez. Mir and Hunt would be easier matches for JDS.
prozacnation1978
4/16/12 6:37:24PM
I would rather see hunt or struve get a title shot than Cain
prophecy033
4/16/12 7:02:43PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Struve would be dust when JDS got done with him
Chael_Sonnen
4/16/12 11:26:26PM
Typical Nog, always looking for the easier match.....regardless, Mir tears off another brozilian limb.
Chael_Sonnen
4/16/12 11:28:06PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Struve already fought JDS....one sided beatdown for Jr., like Chael vs everyone else.
ghandikush
4/17/12 1:22:28PM
Dos Santos isnt gonna take Hunt down and this is the UFC's only shot at getting reaping some number from his name before any of the to 5s put him on his ass and choke Hunt. Sto being butthurt after you tried to kick him out of the UFC and he went 3-0......