Big Nog:Anderson will KO GSP.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Big Nog:Anderson will KO GSP.
POLL: Who would win in the GSP vs Anderson Fight?
Anderson via KO? 47% (25)
Anderson via Submission? 4% (2)
Anderson via Decision? 0% (0)
GSP via KO? 0% (0)
GSP via Submission? 2% (1)
GSP via Decision? 47% (25)
UFC_Fanatic313
2/17/11 12:08:39PM
LINK!!!
Personally i think GSP is being looked past in this fight. IMO i think GSP has better stand-up then sonnen and sonnen tagged silva a few times (but by no means do I think GSP has better stand-up than silva.) Also when Sonnen toke Silva doen he wasn't able to pass gaurd right? Well GSP is better at passing and even if he can't pass GSP works a lot in the gaurdand inflects a lot of damage and GSP also has good submissions.

Anyway what do yuou guys think please comment I'm interested in other peoples opinions. LINK!!!
Taylor8766
2/17/11 12:48:05PM
Personally i think that GSP is going to use his wrestling to take Silva down pass guard beat him up a bit and maybe go for a submission. Also I would like to add that Silva does so well in stand up because hes extremely fast, however GSP is much faster than Silva and that will work in his favor to get SIlva down. GSP by UD.
Twenty20Dollars
2/17/11 1:16:16PM
Silva is going to try to KO GSP with one finger. To challenge himself.
FastKnockout
2/17/11 3:30:23PM
I'm 50/50 on this fight, as it should be. Neither fighter should be the clear favorite, unless your looking into their respective skill sets, in which one is more dominate than the other in certain areas. But, as an all around fighter, both are equal.

Honestly, I can't pick who I think will be the winner right now. It seems every week I change my mind on who I will choose, and it will probably keep going that way until the last minute. This is the hardest fight I've had to pick thus far.
Taylor8766
2/17/11 3:59:55PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Silva is going to try to KO GSP with one finger. To challenge himself.

I dont think SIlva is going to be able too touch GSP, GSP too quick.
FlashyG
2/17/11 4:19:34PM
I'm a pretty big GSP fan but I think you're underestimating Anderson if you don't think he'll be able to touch him.

Silva definitely isn't slow, and nobody knows how much of GSP's speed will be lost with the added bulk he'll need to fight at 185.

Anderson is already a big 185 and will likely have a sizeable reach advatage as well.

The Sonnen fight gives me hope that GSP might be able to take him down and even land some shots but Silva is knocking out people at LHW and a dangerous dangerous man when motivated.

I can't see him not being motivated for a superfight like that.
sparky
2/17/11 4:41:04PM

Posted by Taylor8766

Personally i think that GSP is going to use his wrestling to take Silva down pass guard beat him up a bit and maybe go for a submission. Also I would like to add that Silva does so well in stand up because hes extremely fast, however GSP is much faster than Silva and that will work in his favor to get SIlva down. GSP by UD.

BigMattZeus
2/17/11 4:48:31PM
If there is one thing that the Fedor fight proved it was that size matters. Anderson is taller, and heavier and I think that will be a huge factor.

GSP does have the takedowns and moves effortlessly through people's guard, but I think GSP would go into this fight hoping to "lay and pray" rather than stand and bang with a dangerous striker like Silva
BlueSkiesBurn
2/17/11 6:19:15PM

Posted by BigMattZeus

If there is one thing that the Fedor fight proved it was that size matters. Anderson is taller, and heavier and I think that will be a huge factor.

GSP does have the takedowns and moves effortlessly through people's guard, but I think GSP would go into this fight hoping to "lay and pray" rather than stand and bang with a dangerous striker like Silva

So what you're really saying is; he will stick to his normal game-plan?
postman
2/18/11 7:16:22AM

Posted by BigMattZeus

The fact that fedor has no escapes from mount other then the power upa has alot more to do with Fedors loss then size. No one claimed size mattered when he beat HMC or Zuluzinho.

Its pretty simple if Anderson can keep the fight on the feet he will score a KO, If GSP can get the takedown for 5 rounds he will get a dec. Neither guy is subbing the other and I doubt GSP scores a ko. I think GSP could beat Anderson and have said this for a long time but 25 min without getting hit by Anderson is a tough task.
Brockisthebest
2/18/11 3:03:19PM
Anderson KO round 1 3:45 due to a straight right
UFC_Fanatic313
2/18/11 3:10:32PM

Posted by Taylor8766

yea and i feel like when anderson throws a punch. he throws it to hurt people lol while gsp is always setting something up idk just how i feel. GSP submission round 4.
teddythetuna
2/18/11 7:16:47PM
The fight always starts standing after each round so based on that i give Anderson 6 wins out of 10. However, when GSP builds up another 15 lbs or so of muscle, like he said he would do if he moves up, then not only will size not factor in as much but GSP will hit harder. Im torn on this one. Silva gets controlled by wrestlers , which GSP is the best in mma(IMO), so i think its virtually a toss up.
Pookie
2/18/11 9:51:18PM
That fight wont even be close.
mkiv9secsupra
2/18/11 11:55:50PM
im positive anderson will ko gsp assuming anderosn can some how learn how defend single leg, double leg, throws, trips, or any other kind of takedown, but i doubt it. GSP will take Anderson down at will and ride the decision easy....3-4 years ago Anderson wipes the floor with gsp
DatBme
2/23/11 5:25:29PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by BigMattZeus

So what you're really saying is; he will stick to his normal game-plan?

GSP fights towards other fighters weaknesses. Why would he risk getting hit with a big punch, when he could put them on their back and pretty much guarantee his win? To entertain fickle fans? Nah, he doesn't care about them much. I enjoy a KO as much as anyone else, but I understand the dynamics of MMA and respect fighters like GSP and even Jon Fitch, who implement a game plan that will give them their best chance at success. Koscheck is a great wrestler and that is exactly why he picked him apart standing. We have already seen Sonnen expose holes in Anderson's game. GSP will implement a strategy that will put Anderson on his back for much of the fight. This fight will be one of the rare occasions in which I will lay a lot of my money on him, because I'm confident about his chances to win that fight. Anderson is overrated, had it not been for that fluke kick, Vitor would have dominated him top to bottom like Sonnen did, without getting sub'd. I'm predicting that Anderson will be around a 2 to 1 favorite. Anderson's only chance is a lucky triangle or unorthodox strike.
Patchedup15
7/17/11 1:45:50PM
I wouldn't say GSP is being overlooked, I think everyone including myself is having trouble figuring out how GSP would fair with such a size disadvantage. In fact their reach is very close (only an inch off) but silva is a good 4 inches taller. If this fight is standing up.. then he would get KTFO in 1 round. If gsp manages to take it to the ground then i thin khe could pull it off
ajp10k
7/17/11 3:40:41PM
Im sick of this comparing gsp to sonnen. How many times does it have to be said silva was hurt and was protecting his ribs not his face. This fight will never happened and the topic of it has been beaten to death.
ImagineThat
7/17/11 9:12:18PM
GSP takes this easy
Jekyll
7/17/11 9:25:04PM

Posted by ajp10k

Im sick of this comparing gsp to sonnen. How many times does it have to be said silva was hurt and was protecting his ribs not his face. This fight will never happened and the topic of it has been beaten to death.

the thing that gets me... and i hate Sonnen, but Silva did not say anything about his ribs until after the second round...

IMO Silva is using the rib excuse to cover for the fact Sonnen showed Silva has some of the worst wrestling in the UFC, and Silva is not good off his back.. it took Silva 22 minutes to sub a guy that has 0 sub defense... Silva is a stand up fighter, put him on his butt and hes got nothing...

No-one in the world is better at taking fighters down then GSP... IMO Silva would have only a punchers chance at beating GSP
Pookie
7/17/11 9:36:00PM
Gsp may be the best p4p at taking people down. But holding down bigger guys has always stunted his offense to zilch, and none of those fighters have had any submission prowess.

prophecy033
7/21/11 4:42:52PM
I'll take GSP by Dec. Anderson sucks against wrestlers until he gets the sub. He's not submitting GSP
Adrenaline
7/21/11 5:20:20PM
My opinion is, and always has been that I will take Anderson Silva all day long in a 5 round fight and would start leaning more towards GSP in a 3 round affair.

The obvious has already been stated ten trillion times, GSP, while extremely dominant can't seem to finish a guy to save his life. In a 5 round fight against the single most dynamic and possibly feared striker in the entire sport I don't like GSP's chances of avoiding getting tagged for 5 rounds. Silva has two things that GSP lacks (or seems to) Killer instinct, and legit, no questions asked finishing abilities. So at the very least Silva would have 5 opportunities to put this fight to bed because GSP honestly lacks the ability to put away Anderson. This is assuming that GSP's wrestling skills will translate at a higher weight class because GSP relies on timing and speed to execute most of his takedowns and Anderson has some of the best timing in the sport and does not lack speed by any means. We KNOW how Anderson fights at 185, we can only speculate how GSP will, that tells me alot.

As I said though, in a 3 round fight, I like GSP's chances alot better. He has the steller wrestling to ride out a decision. Paired with his great game planning and ability to execute gameplans he has to tools to steal 2 out of 3 rounds no doubt especially with Silva's average TDD. Really it depends on what GSP looks and feels like at 185. I still favor Anderson though if this does go down.

And just to address the Sonnen/GSP comparison. And this is just my opinion obviously but there is a big difference between the two. Sonnen was able to clip Anderson and put him down but that is because Sonnen for a lack of better description is a crazy SOB and was not afraid of Anderson. And if my memory serves me, I never remember seeing Sonnen afraid to take strikes. GSP (and this is opinion, I'm not stating it as fact) seems to lose his composure when he gets punched in the face. He gets visibly frustrated and goes into survival mode. I don't like that against a guy who hits hard, accurate and often. If Silva starts landing on GSP and GSP can't get the takedown immediately he is in deep trouble in my opinon. GSP is a better striker than Sonnen but he does not like to get hit, again just my perspective.

Sorry about the novel. Bored at work