Big Nog

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Big Nog
nickcuc547
10/16/08 12:25:10PM
with every episode of tuf i like this guy more and more. loved that he was pissed about the pranks calling it "the game", and al stankie is the best coach ever on tuf. loved it, and i'm starting to dislike mir a little more, comes off as a cocky prick. hope nog buries him.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/16/08 12:39:15PM
i love nog.

classiest fighter ever
cowcatcher
10/16/08 12:45:12PM
i agree that nog seems really likable, you can tell that the guy carries himself with a certain dignity and has a lot of respect for everyone, he never crosses a line even when a guy like junie is jumping the cage. its pretty much what i expected him to be like on the show based on everything ive read and seen of him.

as far as mir goes, hes more of a "players coach" in a way, he lets the guys run free a bit as long as theyre prepared to fight. i dont know that i think he looks cocky, he just is letting the boys be boys so to speak. the coaching differences are pretty interesting, frank seems to look at it very much more as a one on one sport, where nog looks at it as a team competition, and that probably has something to do with his days at BTT and now black house/nog-silva, or whatever you want to call it. i think both coaches seem pretty likable and its nice to see that they conduct themselves professionally unlike some of the past coaches.
ncordless
10/16/08 12:51:34PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

i love nog.

classiest fighter ever

DCRage
10/16/08 1:06:02PM
Nog's really starting to warm up to me as a coach, he's got some good guys on his team and I too will admit to now being a big "Stankie" fan. I just love the guy. He's the kind of coach I like, trying to be reasonable, pass along his knowledge, and not try too hard to incite rioting among his or his opponent's guys (although I sensed last night perhaps the first spark of a Nog-Mir buildup). Not to mention his English is not bad at all, he comes off quite well there.
gsquat
10/16/08 1:07:40PM
Word. This is the mentality that all fighters should have... at least if they want to be great fighters. All work and no play. Celebrate once the hard work is done. Too many lack this mindset. There's always the coach that puts more in and the coach that puts less in. You can already tell which is which this season.
aaa9erh8er
10/16/08 1:38:02PM
i was extremly impressed so far this season with nog he really is the real dea. he really weants these guys to suceed. and i was ahsmed of the fighters on mirs team for disrespecting a legend like that NOG is one the best fighters ever in any weight class period. and for them to shrug off what he says made me sick. i liked mir before this show but he does come off arogent to me and i do hope nog snaps his arm
mkiv9secsupra
10/16/08 1:54:07PM
Im sorry but the pranks had nothing to do with any of the fights. None of the fighters that were fighting the next day were distracted one bit. The peeing on the pillow was too far but everything else could have easily been fixed. Obviously the fighters werent too concerned either, or they would have said something about it to the other team themselves. I didnt hear Efrain say damn now i cant sleep, he simply said he was nothing he couldnt handle. If the fighters dont give a damn and can handle it themselves then there was no reason for Nog to go through all that cause more of an argument than there should have been. Is was very respectable on Nog's part but unneeded and didnt do one bit of good.
backalley101
10/16/08 3:17:04PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

i love nog.

classiest fighter ever

jiujitsufreak74
10/16/08 3:32:06PM
Al Stankie is out of his mind...he makes absolutely no sense and reminds me of the deaf basketball coach from Van Wilder. some of the things that man says make absolutely no sense whatsoever

i agree with cowcatcher on Mir, he summed it up perfectly imo. oh, and that guy Vinny has to learn how to take a damn joke because he is pissing me off...can't wait to see him lose.
emfleek
10/16/08 3:34:40PM
Anderson Silva needs to be a coach on TUF. Screw the language barrier.
ncordless
10/16/08 4:14:59PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Al Stankie is out of his mind...he makes absolutely no sense and reminds me of the deaf basketball coach from Van Wilder. some of the things that man says make absolutely no sense whatsoever

i agree with cowcatcher on Mir, he summed it up perfectly imo. oh, and that guy Vinny has to learn how to take a damn joke because he is pissing me off...can't wait to see him lose.

I don't know that Vinny is leaving any time soon. check out this jits match up between him and Eliott... vinny vs. eliott
jiujitsufreak74
10/16/08 4:21:29PM

Posted by ncordless

I don't know that Vinny is leaving any time soon. check out this jits match up between him and Eliott... vinny vs. eliott

i never said he was bad, i just don't like the guy
ncordless
10/16/08 4:30:03PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Im sorry but the pranks had nothing to do with any of the fights. None of the fighters that were fighting the next day were distracted one bit. The peeing on the pillow was too far but everything else could have easily been fixed. Obviously the fighters werent too concerned either, or they would have said something about it to the other team themselves. I didnt hear Efrain say damn now i cant sleep, he simply said he was nothing he couldnt handle. If the fighters dont give a damn and can handle it themselves then there was no reason for Nog to go through all that cause more of an argument than there should have been. Is was very respectable on Nog's part but unneeded and didnt do one bit of good.

]

Here is a quote for Krystoff Sodapopinski's(sp) blog

The itching powder prank and freezing Efrain's underwear was done before Efrain fought, so this episode was a bit inaccurate in its chronology. I would pull off a prank usually once a week, sometimes twice, depending on how boring it was in the house. It got boring pretty quickly. It's amazing how quickly we take what we have for granted -- I would have done anything for a phone call or an hour of TV.
mkiv9secsupra
10/16/08 5:13:19PM

Posted by ncordless
Here is a quote for Krystoff Sodapopinski's(sp) blog

The itching powder prank and freezing Efrain's underwear was done before Efrain fought, so this episode was a bit inaccurate in its chronology.

But it was not done the day before he fought. Maybe two or three days ahead but not immediately before their fight.
DCRage
10/16/08 5:22:04PM

No way, man! On that note, we should start a Playground Stankie Fan Club! And maybe a petition to make Stankie a coach next year!
dannyfrank
10/16/08 6:09:17PM

oh, and that guy Vinny has to learn how to take a damn joke because he is pissing me off...can't wait to see him lose.

i know! i thought it was bad when leben "spritzed" on thacker's bed, but vinny straight up pissed all over the dude's bed
cmill21
10/16/08 6:56:44PM
To me I woulden't care if the guy was fighting or not, when it effected his training I would be pissed as a coach. Nog is just trying to let his guys be as succesful as they possibly can be and that would make me want to be on his team more then anything. I don't really like Mir anymore, I always thought he was kind of like Nog, but right now he's been a little arrogant towards him. It could be tv editing trying to create some kind of a "villain" and they knew Nog woulden't do anything remotely villanous.
ncordless
10/16/08 7:01:50PM
I hereby put forth Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera for consideration of sainthood.

In a few hundred years he could be the patron saint of MMA. He has the miracle requirements in the bag what with surviving being run over by a truck and living through the piledriver that Sapp gave him.

Call your local Cardinal and lets get this started!!!
jiujitsufreak74
10/16/08 7:02:45PM

Posted by cmill21
It could be tv editing trying to create some kind of a "villain" and they knew Nog woulden't do anything remotely villanous.

that's exactly what it is imo. i have followed Mir throughout his career and he never showed signs that he lacked any respect or integrity. since both coaches this season are very respectful, the producers had to do something to play up some hype so they are blowing everything out of proportion.
ncordless
10/16/08 7:08:52PM

Posted by cmill21
It could be tv editing trying to create some kind of a "villain" and they knew Nog woulden't do anything remotely villanous.

that's exactly what it is imo. i have followed Mir throughout his career and he never showed signs that he lacked any respect or integrity. since both coaches this season are very respectful, the producers had to do something to play up some hype so they are blowing everything out of proportion.

Could be, but Nog did say that he felt that Mir ignored him and that it was a mistake... a mistake punishable by anaconda!
Ordep
10/16/08 8:13:32PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by cmill21

Could be, but Nog did say that he felt that Mir ignored him and that it was a mistake... a mistake punishable by anaconda!

Anacondas are awesome, but he deserves more punishments.
I'll say... Mounted Triangle with a side of GnP a la Maia-Herman
JulesWinnfield
10/16/08 8:28:20PM

Respect to Big Nog. He is a great image for the sport. The guy has ton of class and acts like the champion he is.

I was almost routing for Mir before the show, given his situation a few years ago, and with the comeback, but Nog has won me over with his presence on the show.