BiG NoG

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » BiG NoG
Next Page »
The_Ho_Bag
2/3/08 12:25:30AM
kind of scared me at 1st but he did what he did against herring so i was kind of happy. round 3 was great for Nog great sweep then tap out =]
tuvok500
2/3/08 12:44:48AM
Nog is a real master in BJJ !!

he found a way to put Tim down, to keep him there and to sweep him to atchive half mount, and the Sub was so perfect, i mean, the guy is a MASTER !!

MMALifer
2/3/08 12:45:05AM
I thought Nog would win but was shocked he kind of got dominated for the first 2.
nickcuc547
2/3/08 12:52:27AM
I say nog could get performance of the night. he took a beating from big tim and still managed to put him away, the guy got hit with some huge shots and just kept coming, the guy earned every bit of that win.
The_Ho_Bag
2/3/08 12:59:35AM
^^ agreed so much kudos
roman
2/3/08 1:04:03AM
I love Nog and I am so stoked that he won the belt. Did you see how happy he was, priceless I love the guy?!?!?!?! I always get crazy when he fights and this was absolutely no exception. I am proud he is the new UFC Heavyweight Champion. I wish I was there to celebrate with him, but I am having a nice celebration right now with my friends. WOOHOOOOOOOOO I AM SO STOKED!!!!!!!!

Him and Hendo are my favorites.
cmill21
2/3/08 1:41:09AM
Really proud of Nog, very happy to see him with that gold around his waist. Now we get to see Werdum Nog 2, should be great since Werdum is training with Chute Boxe.
TimW001
2/3/08 1:50:40AM
Yea great for Nog. BUT Tim has NOTHING to be ashamed of okay. He dominated the first two rounds against a BJJ blackbelt, former PRIDE champ, and current UFC champ. (I'm in no way a fan of Tim okay) But Nog, in the third, couldn't have put on a better performance. Perfect sweep, poor armbar attempt. Into a slick choke. a true BJJ expert.
Gipper
2/3/08 1:53:52AM
big weekend for the nog bros. congrats.

big nog did it once again. pulled of a sub after getting his ass kicked for a few rounds.

lil nog showed some sick muay thai with a second round tko(luckey enough to be there live and meet rogerio after the fight)
gartface
2/3/08 1:55:16AM
I loved this fight. I called an 2nd round anaconda choke prior to the fight, and was pleasantly surprised with the guillotine. So happy for this guy, after the beatings he takes, to get the title, and impressively so.

I'm really excited to see Tim Sylvia push the pace, he actually looked blood thirsty after that big shot. If he can stay that way I can definitely see a Tim/Big Nog rematch.
loller90278
2/3/08 2:09:17AM
finally, pride stars showing dominance over the infidels.

just kidding!

great showing by both fighters, i was worried for nog that he might lose the decision on how sylvia was workin that jab and uppercut.. but of course he comes through and does what a BMF is meant to do.

Manfred
2/3/08 2:13:06AM
I called 3rd round sub but I'm also happy for Nog. He's such a warrior!
Now watch M-1 go under, Fedor sign and take it from him again.

GrandMaster313
2/3/08 2:15:03AM
great fight
TimW001
2/3/08 2:16:56AM
I think the next big fight will be Randy vs Nog. Randy chos Tim to win, so I think he's now appreciating the skill Nog has. I think Randy may come back for that fight.
prozacnation1978
2/3/08 2:19:38AM
glad timmy lost but he did give me a scare and he fought much more better this time than previous fights, i still hate him though
hippysmacker
2/3/08 2:23:36AM
Even though I wanted Nog and Mir to win, I picked Sylvia and Lesnar. Both fights I thought I at least would get some points after the way they started out . Lesnar's mistake seems much more understandable , considering he is relatively new to MMA. Tim's howewer shocked me. He was dotting Nog up, had him hurt, had his right eye swollen, and then decides he should jump down on Nog instead of pulling out and making him stand back up. Huge mistake IMO. I thought he would finally start throwing his jab a lot , close that eye, then go in for the kill. I mean come on, did he never watch the Cro-cop fight? Cro-cop was giving Nog a beating for 13 minutes, and then as soon as it went to the ground Nog subbed him. Props to Nog for being so slick, but Sylvia has no one to blame but himself.
Manfred
2/3/08 2:26:54AM
Was anybody else yelling at the TV for him to go for the side trip again instead of those double legs. It worked at the end of rd, 1, why the hell didn't he try it again?
jiujitsufreak74
2/3/08 2:27:50AM

Posted by Manfred

one can only dream...btw i also called 3rd round sub for big nog

and i knew that there was no way tim sylvia was going to KO nog after the utter beating he took from fedor. that is nog's M.O., weather the storm and then surprise you with a submission he pulls right when you think you can cruise to victory. tim did very well also but nog's just a crafty veteran. sylvia is probably going to face mir after which i can' wait for; but who do you think is going to get the shot at nog if randy doesn't come back. i hope randy comes back because nog is just a little step down from fedor so randy should be satisfied and take the fight. if not, then i say the winner of o'brien AA should get it because there is really no other fight that sets it up better.
Manfred
2/3/08 2:33:38AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Manfred

one can only dream...btw i also called 3rd round sub for big nog

and i knew that there was no way tim sylvia was going to KO nog after the utter beating he took from fedor. that is nog's M.O., weather the storm and then surprise you with a submission he pulls right when you think you can cruise to victory. tim did very well also but nog's just a crafty veteran. sylvia is probably going to face mir after which i can' wait for; but who do you think is going to get the shot at nog if randy doesn't come back. i hope randy comes back because nog is just a little step down from fedor so randy should be satisfied and take the fight. if not, then i say the winner of o'brien AA should get it because there is really no other fight that sets it up better.

After 80, Dana said Werdum gets the winner of this one
wolfman
2/3/08 2:54:37AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Even though I wanted Nog and Mir to win, I picked Sylvia and Lesnar. Both fights I thought I at least would get some points after the way they started out . Lesnar's mistake seems much more understandable , considering he is relatively new to MMA. Tim's howewer shocked me. He was dotting Nog up, had him hurt, had his right eye swollen, and then decides he should jump down on Nog instead of pulling out and making him stand back up. Huge mistake IMO. I thought he would finally start throwing his jab a lot , close that eye, then go in for the kill. I mean come on, did he never watch the Cro-cop fight? Cro-cop was giving Nog a beating for 13 minutes, and then as soon as it went to the ground Nog subbed him. Props to Nog for being so slick, but Sylvia has no one to blame but himself.

My thoughts exactly, well said. I was impressed with Lesnar, even in defeat. Should've kept my original picks...this event was brutal for me.
cmill21
2/3/08 3:12:15AM

Posted by TimW001

I think the next big fight will be Randy vs Nog. Randy chos Tim to win, so I think he's now appreciating the skill Nog has. I think Randy may come back for that fight.

I don't really want to see that fight, I don't think Randy can do enough damage to stop nog and I think Nog's stand up is better on every level, with the ground game going to nog(slight) so I think it's either Randy gets out boxed or he goes into Nog's guard(only Fedor does that).
cloppio
2/3/08 8:01:06AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

kind of scared me at 1st but he did what he did against herring so i was kind of happy. round 3 was great for Nog great sweep then tap out =]

dude that sweep was text book! he really seems to need to get knocked around to wake up....ala forrest
jomatty
2/3/08 8:36:20AM
i also picked lesnar and sylvia, and given the price and the way the fights went think i made the right choices. i was however, completely thrilled at the way each fight went down though. sure id like to pick up some points but seeing the fighters i like better win is better in my book.

and i think it was an anaconda choke wasnt it? someone said it was a guiloteene but it looked to me like an anaconda, just one he didnt set up with the gator roll like he seems to like.
juanez13
2/3/08 9:30:20AM
classic nog, take a beating that come back with a slick sub, the guy is a legend
xchickox
2/3/08 9:45:04AM
that man can take some serious punishment, awesome sleep, great guillotine
The_Ho_Bag
2/3/08 10:02:37AM

Posted by Manfred

Was anybody else yelling at the TV for him to go for the side trip again instead of those double legs. It worked at the end of rd, 1, why the hell didn't he try it again?

oh yes i was and my dad told me to shut up =]
AchillesHeel
2/3/08 10:59:02AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Agreement.

Posted by Manfred

Was anybody else yelling at the TV for him to go for the side trip again instead of those double legs.

Totally. His shoots were fracking awful. He wasn't even really shooting in, he was just kind of leaning over and reaching out for Tim's leg.

Mastodon2
2/3/08 2:14:22PM

Posted by juanez13

classic nog, take a beating that come back with a slick sub, the guy is a legend

Exactly what I was about to say, I couldn't have put it better myself.
loonytnt
2/3/08 3:08:55PM
i picked that to be fight of the night and for nog to sub him 3rd so i got it all right on that, But nog vs randy idk, nog was sayin he wanted to fight him, i dont think nog wants to call that guy out
aolverizon
2/3/08 4:42:20PM
this why big nog is one of my favorite fighters, he gets beat up and it looks like hes gonna lose and then he comes back and wins it all. I think big nog will reign as champ of the ufc hw division until he retires.

on another note i have to give props to big tim, this fight he fought very aggresive and most importantly fought to knock nog out and not win a boring decision. also its not suprise theres still fans bitching about how big tim fought this fight, before this fight everyone complained how he fights to win and not to finish and is so boring, this fight he fights to finish and everyone complains that he could have won if he fought to win and not ti finish, make up your minds people.
Pages: [1] 2