The Big Show vs Jose Aldo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The Big Show vs Jose Aldo
Next Page »
billfold9
10/23/10 11:44:59AM
who wins and why? the 7 foot 500lb big show with no fighting exp, or the tiny tiny man who has been killing any1 he faces and is a highly trained mma fighter.
Cdellorso
10/23/10 12:14:12PM
big show- once he grabs him its over- - even if he trys a submission big shows strength will power out - remember when rocky was thrown out the ring by thunder lips??? big show is beigger and aldo is smaller... therefore he throws him 10 rows out over the cage wall and melendez doesnt come back in...
grappler0000
10/23/10 12:24:59PM

Posted by Cdellorso

big show- once he grabs him its over- - even if he trys a submission big shows strength will power out - remember when rocky was thrown out the ring by thunder lips??? big show is beigger and aldo is smaller... therefore he throws him 10 rows out over the cage wall and melendez doesnt come back in...

Remeber Minowa vs Sapp? And Sapp had fight experience. As long as Aldo has brushed up on his leg locks, I'd give him the edge.
billfold9
10/23/10 1:08:22PM
id pick big show by 1st round TKO, he has a 400 lb weight advantage and is like 4 times as strong. i just dont c what aldo could do here.
mrsmiley
10/23/10 2:24:30PM
Big Show has a huge weight advantage but even the Undertaker stated once in an out of character interview that the guy has loads of potential but no cardio.

I'm going with Aldo,though this freakshow fight would be intertaining for sure.
ncordless
10/24/10 1:31:54AM
All that weight on those crappy knees, Aldo would chop him down with 1-2 kicks.
KingCmb
10/24/10 9:07:05AM
the big show has had some pro boxing experience if my memory serves me
grappler0000
10/24/10 9:08:48AM

Posted by the-king

the big show has had some pro boxing experience if my memory serves me

You mean getting his nose broke by Mayweather? lol
warglory
10/24/10 1:30:38PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Cdellorso

Remeber Minowa vs Sapp? And Sapp had fight experience. As long as Aldo has brushed up on his leg locks, I'd give him the edge.

The Big Show dwarfs Bob Sapp, and Minowaman is bigger than Aldo, so the size difference between the Big Show and Aldo is even more disparaging. The Big Show could very well murder Aldo.
bojangalz
10/24/10 9:16:33PM

Posted by Cdellorso

remember when rocky was thrown out the ring by thunder lips??? big show is beigger and aldo is smaller... therefore he throws him 10 rows out over the cage wall and melendez doesnt come back in...

Better check Rocky's fight finder. If memory serves me he won that bout with a standing RNC. I see Aldo doing much of the same, though he'd probably chop Big Show to his knees first.
Pookie
10/25/10 2:22:19AM
The big show wouldnt be able to support his weight after just a few leg kicks, and that weight advantage is going to make him slow enough for Aldo to pick those shots without fear of taking damage in return. The big show would leave in an ambulance.
TimW001
10/25/10 3:22:35AM
I thought this was a joke thread at first. Aldo, via experience + skill.
billfold9
10/25/10 5:34:28PM
no joke, this would take place inside the octagon in a MMA fight. alot of u are picking aldo but i dont think Aldo gets the chance 2 land enough leg kicks. i think show will grab him and the fight ends soon after, favoring big show. either way this would be very entertaing and i would have a blast watching this crazy fight.
warglory
10/25/10 5:39:58PM
How do you guys propose Aldo is going to land leg kicks when Big Show's arms are probably half the size of Aldo's entire body, and his legs are probably close to the size of Aldo's waist? Aldo simply does not have the physical ability to cut down a man the size of The Big Show, and if he tried, Big Show would grab his skull and toss him out of the ring.
Pookie
10/25/10 5:47:05PM

Posted by warglory

How do you guys propose Aldo is going to land leg kicks when Big Show's arms are probably half the size of Aldo's entire body, and his legs are probably close to the size of Aldo's waist? Aldo simply does not have the physical ability to cut down a man the size of The Big Show, and if he tried, Big Show would grab his skull and toss him out of the ring.

His speed advantage.

And leg kicks give you basically another foot on your reach. I bet you aldo's legs are longer than the big show's arms, and that they are 10x as quick as well.

The big show's weight advantage is going to tire himself out within a round and every leg kick landed is going to do exponential damage becuase of the weight those hurt legs would have to support.

warglory
10/26/10 11:42:19AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by warglory

His speed advantage.

And leg kicks give you basically another foot on your reach. I bet you aldo's legs are longer than the big show's arms, and that they are 10x as quick as well.

The big show's weight advantage is going to tire himself out within a round and every leg kick landed is going to do exponential damage becuase of the weight those hurt legs would have to support.

Yes, Aldo does have speed, but only a 5ft 7inch 145 lb frame to back up the force, against a 7 foot 485lb Big Show. I doubt Aldo could kick with enough force to deliver any major damage. The only chance Aldo would have is if the fight hit the ground to be honest. The Big Show is way more mobile than Giant Silva for example btw.
Pookie
10/26/10 4:07:31PM
Man that 485 pounds is going to make that leg kick do way more damage than if he was normal sized. His body weight gets used against him because if you weaken one of his legs the other has to support a ridiculous amount of weight.

Also, The big show has never taken muay thai training, so his shin's arent ready at all for the pain of the kick, nonetheless the damage.
TimW001
10/26/10 4:29:22PM
Jose Aldo would win. Size is not advantageous. I can't believe this is happening. When have you ever been watching a freakshow fight and saw the bigger man win? And after the Big Show gets his hand on Aldo, what do you expect him to do? He has no BJJ or wrestling experience.
AchillesHeel
10/26/10 4:33:16PM

Posted by warglory

I doubt Aldo could kick with enough force to deliver any major damage.

Are you serious? Have you already forgotten what he did to Urijah Faber?
emfleek
10/26/10 4:34:33PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by warglory

See gartface's avatar for a reminder. And *that* was like 4 days after the fight if I remember correctly.
gartface
10/26/10 4:41:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by warglory

See gartface's avatar for a reminder. And *that* was like 4 days after the fight if I remember correctly.

I love some shameless plugs.

This thread has been a welcome addition to my day. I've been laughing so hard.
billfold9
10/26/10 6:44:05PM
big show could do what ever he wants once he got his hands on aldo. it would be like me playing with a action figure. but hed likely just bearhug him 2 death. or throw him down and get a easy TKO win.
Pookie
10/27/10 12:11:18PM

Posted by billfold9

big show could do what ever he wants once he got his hands on aldo. it would be like me playing with a action figure. but hed likely just bearhug him 2 death. or throw him down and get a easy TKO win.

Yeah, i hear the big show has a killer chokeslam.
billfold9
10/27/10 12:34:09PM
i dont think d chokeslam would do him much good here. but his strenth would likely win him d fight.i would think he could just grab aldos neck and squeeze with all his might, untill aldo taps out or passes out.
TimW001
10/28/10 5:08:12AM

Posted by billfold9

i dont think d chokeslam would do him much good here.

Now you're being wrong. Dude, the chokeslam is the most under used move in MMA. Not because people don't know how to do it, but because they have honor and literally fear for their opponent safety. If the Big Show did manage to get a chokeslam on Jose, Brock, or even Cain....it's good night.
billfold9
10/28/10 2:19:52PM
well i have seen d spinebuster and the spear in MMA. but id love 2 c a chokeslam KO. but really what would Aldo do if right at the start of the fight, big show grabbed his neck and squeezed with all his might. i dont c anything aldo could do in that sitiuation. hed be forced 2 tap out or pass out.
BustedKnuckle
10/28/10 9:51:28PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by Cdellorso

remember when rocky was thrown out the ring by thunder lips??? big show is beigger and aldo is smaller... therefore he throws him 10 rows out over the cage wall and melendez doesnt come back in...

Better check Rocky's fight finder. If memory serves me he won that bout with a standing RNC. I see Aldo doing much of the same, though he'd probably chop Big Show to his knees first.

Yeah pretty sure Pauly whiped out a switchblade to cut "The Stallions" wraps off....... so Rocky could sink the RNC in deep!!!
bojangalz
10/29/10 2:53:50AM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by Cdellorso

Yeah pretty sure Pauly whiped out a switchblade to cut "The Stallions" wraps off....... so Rocky could sink the RNC in deep!!!

Truth.
warglory
10/29/10 11:00:15PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by warglory

And how big is Faber?
warglory
10/29/10 11:04:15PM

Posted by TimW001

Jose Aldo would win. Size is not advantageous. I can't believe this is happening. When have you ever been watching a freakshow fight and saw the bigger man win? And after the Big Show gets his hand on Aldo, what do you expect him to do? He has no BJJ or wrestling experience.

Size is not advantageous? Tell that to Shane Carwin or Brock Lesnar. If Big Shoe got his hands on Aldo, why does he need wrestling or BJJ? He could punch Aldo once and probably put him out. I don't know if you are properly understanding the enormous size difference between the two men.
Pages: [1] 2