Big John McCarthy War Wagon

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Big John McCarthy War Wagon
pv3Hpv3p
12/6/07 12:12:35PM
C'mon men...

This is a tribute thread to the best referee to ever grace the cage/ring or any other medium of mixed martial arts...

I wish him the best as a commentator, with his training facilicty, and whatever other endevours he chooses to persue in his life...

WAR BJM
xchickox
12/6/07 12:58:48PM
its gonna be a proper gutter if he does leave but all respect to him for the choice he makes

War BJM

awesome ref with loads of mma knowledge and a really nice guy
bullettdodger
12/6/07 1:21:55PM
Big John, you will be missed.... i don't think there is anyone in the sport of mixed martial arts as beloved as Big John... i may have to keep this last ref job he does on the tivo to get me through those tough days to come without him... Good luck Big John McCarthy, i hope the desk job is worth it :D
WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM
P.S. I give it a year tops before he misses it and comes back
WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM WAR BJM
SexPanther
12/6/07 1:41:18PM
they should just a robot ref.

"submission locked, you have lost"

"detected ko"

Pitbull09
12/6/07 4:16:42PM
The guy was the best in the industry and I have never seen something questionable with his actions when refereeing which is what make such a good ref.

Props to him if I could
d_block07
12/6/07 5:13:34PM
im surprised that he is choosing the Huerta Guida fight as his last fight.

i feel like it should be more ofa big card match like, Lidell vs Silva since the ufc has been trying to get it for so long i bet big john was looking foward to it. regardkess he will be missed. lets get it on.
bls1919
12/6/07 10:43:07PM
i love BIG JOHN as much as the next guy , but he is leaving. This opens some doors to other good referees. i really like Yeves Lavigne(sp) he officiated a fight with marcus davis where davis was very hurt and not out, almost called it and didnt. Davis came back to finish by arm bar. The UFC will always have very good refs...............but none as notable as BIG JOHN!!!!! i wish him well
Believe-in-judo81
12/6/07 11:06:52PM
The guy was a loyal employee and was always cool to the fighters and fans, so I won't knock him, and just leave it at he's by far my least favorite referee. He's usually very solid but when he does make bad calls, they are usually really obvious and crappy ones, though few and far between. But enough griping, he seems a really cool guy and I hope like after the UFC gig is wonderful for him. I just wonder who will step in as the new head referee. Hopefully it's Yves Lavigne, I like his style a lot and he seems the most capable of the bunch, can't really remember him making much in the way of rotten calls.

Hell, what does it all matter?:-p best of luck Big John, I hope life after retirement, or semi retirement, whatever you choose to do, is full of success and great joy.
SexPanther
12/7/07 12:01:58AM
bjm is easily the best ufc ref.

Yaknowhaimean
12/7/07 12:50:05PM

Posted by d_block07

im surprised that he is choosing the Huerta Guida fight as his last fight.

i feel like it should be more ofa big card match like, Lidell vs Silva since the ufc has been trying to get it for so long i bet big john was looking foward to it. regardkess he will be missed. lets get it on.

I'm wondering if they maybe have a retirement announcement / ceremony (or UFC hall of fame induction?) planned with him for UFC 79? That would be pretty sweet.
Scott_Revels
12/7/07 1:56:29PM
Yeah, he definitely deserves to be in the UFC Hall of Fame. It won't be the same not hearing him yell out, "Let's get it on!" at the start of fights.