BFC 79/WSF/RFA Combo Card Results

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » BFC 79/WSF/RFA Combo Card Results
Next Page »
Budgellism
11/2/12 11:56:43PM
Bellator 79

Richard Hale defeats Thiago Santos via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:31
Shahbulat Shamhalaev defeats Mike Richman via KO (punches) - Round 1, 1:45
Douglas Lima defeats Jacob Ortiz via TKO (head kick and punches) - Round 3, 4:50
Ryan Ford defeats Kyle Baker via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)

RFA 4

Tyson Griffin defeats Efrain Escudero via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)

WSF 1

Andre Arlovski defeats Devin Cole via KO (punches) - Round 1, 2:37
Anthony Johnson defeats D.J. Linderman via KO (punch) - Round 1, 3:58
Marlon Moraes defeats Miguel Torres via Split Decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
Tyson Steele defeats Gregor Gracie via TKO (knee and punches) - Round 1, 4:52
Brian Cobb defeats Ronys Torres via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
Josh Burkman defeats Gerald Harris via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Gesias Cavalcante defeats T.J. O'Brien via submission (heel hook) - Round 1, 1:03
David Branch defeats Dustin Jacoby via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
emfleek
11/2/12 11:58:47PM
Bellator results entered.

I'll likely enter the rest after WSOF tomorrow night. Will update everything within minutes of the card ending.
Budgellism
11/2/12 11:59:44PM

Posted by emfleek

I'll likely enter the rest after WSOF tomorrow night. Will update everything within minutes of the card ending.

Thanks Fleek, that's awesome.
sparky
11/3/12 12:59:16AM

Posted by emfleek

Thats sweet Props Fleek
Budgellism
11/3/12 1:00:55AM
Parlay hit
pmoney
11/3/12 11:50:10AM
I missed this card!!!

Im so bummed. I was sitting on my ass watching UFC all fucking day yesterday.... what was I thinking?!
Bubbles
11/3/12 2:38:39PM
4-1 for 43 points +$110, just need Arlovski to hit my parlay. Hit the HB perfect Pretty shitty I only had $215 to start with though
Poor_Franklin
11/3/12 2:40:11PM
glad i put 50 on Shamhalaev. Griffin was the 1st leg of my parlay. Need Cavalcante & Arlovski to close it out.
Budgellism
11/3/12 2:47:25PM

Posted by Bubbles

4-1 for 43 points +$110, just need Arlovski to hit my parlay. Hit the HB perfect Pretty shitty I only had $215 to start with though

Nice score. That's probably near the top right now.

4-1, 35 pts. +$5700 so far.
Bubbles
11/3/12 4:59:13PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Nice score. That's probably near the top right now.

4-1, 35 pts. +$5700 so far.

Thanks man, but that's not going to last lol. You got some nice bank yourself
kopower
11/3/12 5:00:21PM
Remind me why I took Efrain again

Thought maybe the layoff would affect Griffin, but it sounds like E still has problems defending the td.
Shelter
11/3/12 5:23:34PM
Small complaint, I know, but anyone know when the top ten from the last L2 season will get their profile achievements added?
Budgellism
11/3/12 7:38:38PM
We've started!

Branch vs. Jacoby up first.
Budgellism
11/3/12 8:01:59PM
Branch wins a UD in a pretty close fight.
Budgellism
11/3/12 8:02:51PM
Cavalcante vs. O'Brien is up next.
Budgellism
11/3/12 8:05:54PM
Cavalcante with a beautiful 1st round submission!
Cooler
11/3/12 8:11:25PM

Posted by Shelter

Small complaint, I know, but anyone know when the top ten from the last L2 season will get their profile achievements added?

Wish I knew, almost all of us on our team don't have our badges yet, for SL and PL
Budgellism
11/3/12 8:13:20PM
Things are moving along rather quickly and Burkman is on his way out
Budgellism
11/3/12 8:38:46PM
Burkman pulls off the upset with a UD.

I'm pissed that I took $400 off Burkman 17 minutes before the event locked.
sparky
11/3/12 8:54:04PM
Intermission until 9:30??? I'm guessing
FastKnockout
11/3/12 8:56:11PM

Posted by sparky

At least I can finish watching most of the Bama/LSU game.
Budgellism
11/3/12 8:56:26PM

Posted by sparky

I have no idea but this is weird. Their twitter page is saying they'll show the last 2 fights. They're replaying the first 3 right now though.
Budgellism
11/3/12 8:58:57PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

I have no idea but this is weird. Their twitter page is saying they'll show the last 2 fights. They're replaying the first 3 right now though.

Nope. they already had the 2nd last prelim. Here's the result of that one.

Steve Carl def. Ramico Blackmon via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:11
sparky
11/3/12 9:00:27PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Steve Carl def. Ramico Blackmon via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:11

Why are they not showing it live like I wanna see the fights while there happening
Budgellism
11/3/12 9:01:23PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Why are they not showing it live like I wanna see the fights while there happening

I don't know but they're approaching this in the dumbest way possible.
sparky
11/3/12 9:02:35PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

I don't know but they're approaching this in the dumbest way possible.

Agreed Shananagans
Budgellism
11/3/12 9:34:45PM
Here's some PBP for the Torres/Cobb fight

Round 1
Torres catches Cobb below the belt with a kick right off the bat. Referee Herb Dean steps in and gives him time to recover. Cobb is ready in a few moments and they get back after it. Torres rushes in on Cobb and throws some ill-intentioned shots but Cobb is able to avoid the brunt of the punches. Cobb locks up Torres and launches him to the mat but can’t establish position. Torres reverses him and ends up on top. Cobb sinks a guillotine but Torres uses the cage to walk up and relieve the pressure. He escapes and goes back to work from the guard. Torres takes his back and pounds away until Cobb turns back into him. A few more punches force him back to his belly. Torres unloads on him from back mount and Cobb tries to go out the back door. Torres won’t let him loose and locks up an arm and searches for an inverted triangle as time expires on the first frame. Sherdog.com scores the round 10-9 Torres.

Round 2
Torres comes out with a big uppercut that misses but he is not discouraged. He attacks Cobb with punches and he backs him into the cage. Cobb jumps to guard as much as Torres takes him down. Torres establishes position and strikes at his grounded opponent. Cobb tries to wriggle free but ends up giving up his back once again. Torres searches for the submission but Cobb is able to turn back into him and the scramble is on. Cobb grabs a guillotine but Torres easily defends. Torres lurches forward for a double-leg takedown but Cobb locks up a serious guillotine, it is deep. Cobb arches his back from top position but Torres finds some space and pulls his head free. Cobb still has the front headlock and proceeds to pound away until the horn. Sherdog.com scores the second round 10-9 Cobb.

Round 3
Torres takes Cobb down as the final and potentially deciding round commences. Cobb, with his back against the cage, works his way back to his feet and drops for a single-leg. Torres retreats and backs his way to the center of the cage. Cobb advances and the fighters clinch and trade short shots. Torres dives in for a double but Cobb sprawls and grabs a singe on his way up. He ends up in belly-to-back along the cage and tries to drag Torres to the mat. Torres breaks Cobb's grip and escapes. Torres lands a nice right hand and then shrugs his way out of a weak Cobb single-leg attempt but his back is on the cage and Cobb gets him to the ground on the re-shot. Torres is back up bit Cobb is on his back as Torres posts on his hands. Not much doing in the final 20 seconds and the horn sounds ending the affair. Sherdog.com scores round three 10-9 for Brian Cobb and the bout 29-28 in Cobb’s favor.

Official result: The official scores are 29-28 Cobb, 29-28 Torres and 29-28 for the winner by split decision, Brian Cobb.

Another upset as Cobb wins by Split Decision
george112
11/3/12 9:52:16PM
That's unlucky for Torres. He really does have some serious talent.

The only thing I have to say about it is...FINISH the fight ! Take it away from the judges
Budgellism
11/3/12 9:52:28PM
Woah, What the fuck? Apparently they made Gracie/Steele an undercard fight and we're not going to get to see that either.
george112
11/3/12 9:56:49PM

Posted by Budgellism

Woah, What the fuck? Apparently they made Gracie/Steele an undercard fight and we're not going to get to see that either.

Wtf!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4