Betting on Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, and KO of the Night

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Betting on Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, and KO of the Night
TheBlackChip
4/29/11 2:55:11AM
I got this crazy idea that MMAPlayground should allow bets on FOTN, SOTN, and KOOTN. It would be simple to add selection windows at the bottom of the wager page that when selected would drop down all the fights on the card, and allow you to pick one for each of the three bonuses. Odds would obviously have to be set by someone for each fight, which I don't think would be all that difficult since fans always talk about fights being "FOTN Favorites". If the bonus wasn't awarded it would be just like a fight being declared a draw, resulting in a push. You could limit the bets on each bonus, similar to the limit on the parlay bet.

Obviously this would increase the amount of money players could win, but since it would be increased for everyone I think this is an idea thats at least worth exploring, what do you guys think?
Drudinh
4/29/11 3:40:33AM
Good idea
kingsmasher
4/29/11 10:06:54AM
FOTN Diaz MacDonald Book it!!
Lesnar1
4/29/11 10:49:20PM
That would be great because it adds a bit more bizaz to the possibilities of making more profits.
TheBlackChip
4/30/11 12:59:53AM
Ya, I think the bets are one of the unique parts about this site, and it would become even more unique with these bonus bets. Also, it would give you more to cheer for and get excited about.

While Rory-Diaz would probably be in my top 5, I don't see it being FOTN. I'd handicap that fight at around 7-2, and I'd probably put Bocek-Hendo at around 4-1. I'm thinking best odds are like 5-2 with Aldo-Hominick for sure.

You guys know any good oddsmakers on this site? I'd be interested to hear their thoughts on setting odds, I think that would be the biggest obstacle. Other than that I don't see what the big deal would be, to me the fun factor outweighs any of the negatives.
jae_1833
4/30/11 1:13:35PM
I like the idea too....however I just do it on the side via posts....I know they have an "Underdog" pick to but I still always add in an UOTN (Upset) just for fun. I don't know why but I believe it's been discussed before and it came down to a no for either technical or ownership issues.
pmoney
5/2/11 12:54:40AM

Posted by jae_1833

I like the idea too....however I just do it on the side via posts....I know they have an "Underdog" pick to but I still always add in an UOTN (Upset) just for fun. I don't know why but I believe it's been discussed before and it came down to a no for either technical or ownership issues.

That would be a bummer if that were the case. I would like to see it as well. The accurate "OTN" picks could be rewarded by bonus to the fantasy bankroll. Or potentially something different. Say, a cred bonus, or cred points. These could be used as tie breakers in the rankings in addition to the points and bankroll.