Which is better Chael or Vitor vs Bisping?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which is better Chael or Vitor vs Bisping?
POLL: Which fiight would be better?
Chael Sonnen vs Michael Bisping. 62% (23)
Vitor Belfort vs Michael Bisping 38% (14)
UFC_Fanatic313
3/1/11 1:03:51PM
So according to mmaweekly.com Chael requested a match up with Bisping. If this fight were to happen it should happen in England IMO.
But there are rumors that say Vitor is gunna face Bisping. If this fight were to happen it should be in Brazil.
So it just depends what do u want Bisping's punishment to be, get a hole pounded in this face and bleed all over the place for 3 rounds or get KTFO by Vitor.
Personally I would love to see Bisping get a hole pounded in..... because i just hate the guy. I know I'm basiclly giving him no chance but i just hate the guy.

This is a letter From Chael to Joe Silva.

To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship
Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can. Thanks ever so much.
Hope all is well.

-Chael Sonnen
Hendo67
3/1/11 1:15:48PM
Sonnen, i'm a Sonnen fan, so i'm a bit biased.

I can honestly see Sonnen verbally ripping Bisping a new one, then continuing to do so in the cage!

Please, UFC 131!
BeeR
3/1/11 1:39:21PM
Well, Id really like to see Bisping cry from the relentless onslaught of trash talk he would receive, and i would like to see him get smashed for15 minutes,

but i would also like to see him get KTFO again.

Its a hard decision, but Im going with Sonnen
Taylor8766
3/1/11 2:16:56PM
I think it would be better to have Chael fight Bisping, for one it would be a great lead up to the fight as Chael would tear him a new one, and it provides a very interesting match-up for both fighters. I however see Chael winning this rather easy via UD.

As for Vitor give him to Wandy, make for a great rematch and im sure theres some bad blood there as well.
PABLOMAFIOSO
3/1/11 2:25:08PM
For the sake of a better fight I would say Vitor vs. Bisping.
It would be a more interesting fight than a wrestling clinic put on Bisping by Sonnen (Fitch style). It would also serve as a good measure of where Vitor is at this point in his career. If Vitor lost to Bisping he could well be shown the door and MB would continue to climb the ladder. On the other hand if Vitor won impressively (via KO) he would show he is still a legit contender and have some exciting fights left in him.
I for one would rather see a Sonnen/Maia rematch than Sonnen vs Bisping. Lets see Sonnen run his mouth at Maia and see what happens this time.
Rabi
3/1/11 2:26:43PM
I think Bisping has a chance of beating Belfort, I dont think he has any chance of beating Sonnen though.
FastKnockout
3/1/11 2:29:08PM
This was a hard choice.

On one hand, I'd love to see Bisping break down from the weight of Sonnen's verbal onslaught, get dominated for three rounds, then make excuses for why he lost and how Sonnen is such a "classless" fighter. The pre-fight thrash talk would be enough to satisfy my morbid interest in seeing Bisping broken down mentally.

On the other hand, I drool at the thought of another highlight reel Henderson-like knockout at the hands of Belfort. Pre-fight Bisping would go on and on about most of his how most opponents say they will knock him out, but it never happens, and Belfort ends up finishing him out in under a minute.
sparky
3/1/11 2:35:20PM
I got a feeling everyone will s*** themselves when Bisping manages to tap out Sonnen
Rabi
3/1/11 2:36:21PM
I would love that
jjeans
3/1/11 2:50:48PM
That'd shut people up, i'd love it more if he dished out an illegal knee the round before as well, specially if he smack talked him

2 in a row
sbulldavid
3/1/11 5:45:18PM

Posted by Rabi

I think Bisping has a chance of beating Belfort, I dont think he has any chance of beating Sonnen though.

My exact thoughts
sparky
3/1/11 5:49:22PM

Posted by Rabi

I would love that

I honestly think Bisping can beat Chael I just dont see Sonnen being able to overwhelm Bisping the way people think he will.
BlueSkiesBurn
3/1/11 6:54:18PM
Chael would be better simply because of the trash-talk and tweets that will come from this.
BeeR
3/1/11 7:25:55PM

Posted by sparky

I got a feeling everyone will s*** themselves when Bisping manages to tap out Sonnen

maia didnt.
bisping wont.
ChokeUout
3/2/11 12:44:15AM

Posted by BeeR

Posted by sparky

maia didnt.
bisping wont.

Actually, Maia DID tap out Sonnen if that's what you're implying.

But no, Bisping will not tap out chael. He'll get Ground and pounded for 3 rounds.

Vitor vs. Bisping would be a more entertaining fight, and Bisping would likely get KO'd.

THat being said, Chael vs. Bisping would be entertaining for other reasons, mostly based on pre-fight hype. ANd people would most definetly tune in to see one or the other lose. Not to mention, Vitor v. Wandy could them happen. It's a win/win

I still don't think the UFC will give Bisping to Chael as they tend to protect Bisping (with the exception of hendo and wandy). But still, Chael gets my vote
TimW001
3/2/11 12:49:46AM
Chael vs Bisping because this would allow us to see Wanderlei vs Vitor in Rio

FR33B1RD
3/2/11 3:23:09AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Chael would be better simply because of the trash-talk and tweets that will come from this.

I'll take Bisping being unconscious after he fights Vitor over Chaels idle chatter and mediocre GnP for 3 rounds, myself.
BeeR
3/2/11 6:09:12AM

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by BeeR

Posted by sparky

maia didnt.
bisping wont.

Actually, Maia DID tap out Sonnen if that's what you're implying.

yeah, typo, maia did as expected, silva did after 23 hard working minutes.
other then that, chael hasnt been submitted in a while, and Bisping is no maia, and will NOT be able to slow chael down in 15 minutes IMO
Hendo67
3/2/11 11:50:29AM

Posted by FR33B1RD

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'll take Bisping being unconscious after he fights Vitor over Chaels idle chatter and mediocre GnP for 3 rounds, myself.

I disagree with Chael being "mediocre" in the ground and pound department, imo he's always active.
Franklinfan47
3/2/11 3:59:11PM
I think Vitor would be the better fight, but the trash talk with Chael would be amazing. I think Bisping takes a beatdown either way though.
DeadHead988
3/3/11 12:12:02AM
I think that Chael has a 99% chance of domination, whereas I think Bisping has a 50/50 shot at beating Belfort.
sparky
3/3/11 12:58:25PM

Posted by BeeR

Posted by sparky

maia didnt.
bisping wont.

ahahahahhahah Maia flipped Sonnen right into a triangle choke!!!!!
jakey373
3/8/11 12:08:46AM
haha, yes Sonnen is fun to listen to before the fight, and a bit fun to watch during his fights,

however I had to go with Vitor on this one, due to the fact that Bisping is not a top-tier fighter and in my opinion Vitor is.

So, Vitor facing Bisping would likely end in a happy KO for Vitor and him moving back up in the rankings after falling to Silva.

Now, Sonnen would also be a great matchup but I just cant see Sonnen really finishing Bisping and I dont enjoy much more than to see Bisping tapping out for his life (or arm.lol), or getting dropped.

:D

Ahhh

...even the thought is nice, of that cocky, and over-rated brit getting put back in place.lol

-jakey373
jjeans
3/8/11 4:54:17AM

Posted by jakey373

haha, yes Sonnen is fun to listen to before the fight, and a bit fun to watch during his fights,

however I had to go with Vitor on this one, due to the fact that Bisping is not a top-tier fighter and in my opinion Vitor is.

So, Vitor facing Bisping would likely end in a happy KO for Vitor and him moving back up in the rankings after falling to Silva.

Now, Sonnen would also be a great matchup but I just cant see Sonnen really finishing Bisping and I dont enjoy much more than to see Bisping tapping out for his life (or arm.lol), or getting dropped.

:D

Ahhh

...even the thought is nice, of that cocky, and over-rated brit getting put back in place.lol

-jakey373

Woah, lets take a step back here

Over-rated? What? I know for one he is not Over-rated. The fact that only 1 out of his last 3 fight was a pegging on top 10 fighter says that the UFC for one don't see him as a top tier fighter. Its not like he constantly fights top 5's win or lose.
His only 3 losses came to former or future world champions
Wandy Former Pride World Champion
Henderson oh only a Pride world champion in 2 weight classes
Rashad Evans, 2 fights later he went and became the UFC LHW Champion

Over-rated? I call him a solid gate keeper. Any-one still fighting in the UFC is far from Over-rated, give me a name of another fighter who is 11-3 in the UFC, yes i'll be the first to admit the Hamill Decision went in the wrong favour, so what?
10-4, still better than 50-50, I'd like to see 5% of proffesional fighters do better
TS92turbo
3/8/11 5:48:22PM
I take Bisping over both. He would beat Vitor by Decision and KO Sonnen. I respect both fighters, but Vitor is past his prime, and I was never really a big fan of Sonnen. Bisping honestly deserves a title shot if he beats his next opponent. The thing is, The odds are, he is not gonna beat Anderson. I believe he has a better chance than Vitor did, for sure. Someone needs to get in Anderson's face. Not just stare and wait for the Spider to bite.
Budgellism
3/11/11 2:25:30PM
Honestly, I think it has to be Sonnen vs. Bisping. After what Rivera did to Bisping I believe Sonnen would be able to bring the best fight out of Bisping and still beat his ass convincingly enough to satisfy my Bisping hate.

Belfort needs to fight Wandy in Brazil. Both are awesome fights that make a lot of sense.
UFC_Fanatic
3/15/11 11:28:14AM
I say Sonnen because as soon as both fighters sign that contract the fight has already marketed itself as the twitter/verbal war begins. After Sonnen dominates bisping for three rounds, leaving him bloodied and broken, we play the waiting game and as soon as Hendo finishes his last fight on his Strikeforce contract is up, the UFC should quickly snatch him back up and pit the two against each other again just for s@#*s and giggles.
CwB
3/15/11 4:31:22PM
I choose both...

2 months of 'Verbal Molestation' followed by 15 minutes of relentless GnP

or

Highlight reel knockout

You really cant go wrong with either option.

But after the stupid 'Spitgate' incident, and Dana 'punishing' Bisping, do you think that Joe/Dana would put Bisping right back into the same situation.
MMAOvertime
3/17/11 10:50:59PM
Chael vs. Bisping has my vote. Since Bisping has been working on his wrestling, I would rather have someone that can take him down and keep him there. Kill his spirit and then punish him with some ground and pound. I don't want to see a quick knockout for this fight. Also the prefight trash talk would be entertaining with these two.
AchillesHeel
3/18/11 11:06:33AM
Gareth Davies said on MMA Live that he spoke with Michael Bisping the other day, and that Bisping is interested in a 'meeting of the minds' with Chael Sonnen.