I HAVE NEVER BET ON ANYTHING IN MY LIFE!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » I HAVE NEVER BET ON ANYTHING IN MY LIFE!
JunCTion
2/21/07 6:25:16PM
please help the rookie fantasy game player.
please explain the betting system in words i can understand.
am i correct to assume that you can only bet with someone who picks a different fighter and if so what if most of the betters have the same picks.
call me an idiot, i dont care (i dont even care if you take some of my money), i just want to know how this works so i can learn & .contribute
JoeMimic
2/21/07 6:27:47PM
You can bet on the same guy but different outcomes. IE We both pick Wanderlei over Hendo but I take R1 KO and you take R2 KO
richieb19
2/21/07 6:28:53PM

Posted by JoeMimic

You can bet on the same guy but different outcomes. IE We both pick Wanderlei over Hendo but I take R1 KO and you take R2 KO

Would you have to win by the chosen outcome to win at all?
JoeMimic
2/21/07 6:30:55PM
I would think so but I haven't bet like that yet; I've got one upcoming but that's how I would think it would work. If neither person got the outcome right I think both people get their money back.
JunCTion
2/21/07 6:49:57PM
so the most obvious bet is your fighter against mine.

so we could have the same pick but potentially bet on
what round
the judges decision
sub
ko
OB_Juan
2/21/07 9:25:30PM

Posted by JunCTion

so the most obvious bet is your fighter against mine.

so we could have the same pick but potentially bet on
what round
the judges decision
sub
ko

I think so. If neither bettor gets it correct then it should be a push and you get your money back.

IE: I take Wand by unanimous decision and you take him via TKO rd3 and Hendo wins then whatever money we each had on it goes back into our accounts.
JunCTion
2/21/07 9:30:16PM
so in anyones opinion...should i make bets first or take others bets first?

and if anyone wants to take some money from me, its fine as long as i learn something (but not to much, i need lunch money)
TroubleMan
2/21/07 9:38:52PM

I'll bet with you. If you're worried too much, start off with small amounts like $50.00 or less.

Here are my picks for Pride 33:

Silva
Gomi
Misaki
Sakurai
Nog
Rua
Hansen
Kharitonov

I you disagree with any of them, let me know, and let me know how much you want to wager. I'll send you a wager based on the odds of the fight.

Also, I've bet on outcomes before, if neither yours nor your opponent's outcome is exactly right you both get your money back. For instance, if I bet you that Misaki would win a decision, and you bet that Trigg would win in Rd2, and then Trigg wins a decision, we both get our money back. If Trigg wins in any other round other than 2, and if Misaki wins in any other way other than decision, then we both get our money back. Those are low risk, low reward bets.

BTW....I'll take one of those wagers. I got Misaki by desicion, if you want Trigg in a specific round.
JunCTion
2/21/07 9:59:37PM

Posted by TroubleMan

I'll bet with you. If you're worried too much, start off with small amounts like $50.00 or less.

Here are my picks for Pride 33:

Silva
Gomi
Misaki
Sakurai
Nog
Rua
Hansen
Kharitonov

I you disagree with any of them, let me know, and let me know how much you want to wager. I'll send you a wager based on the odds of the fight.

Also, I've bet on outcomes before, if neither yours nor your opponent's outcome is exactly right you both get your money back. For instance, if I bet you that Misaki would win a decision, and you bet that Trigg would win in Rd2, and then Trigg wins a decision, we both get our money back. If Trigg wins in any other round other than 2, and if Misaki wins in any other way other than decision, then we both get our money back. Those are low risk, low reward bets.

BTW....I'll take one of those wagers. I got Misaki by desicion, if you want Trigg in a specific round.

this is pretty funny cause i have all the same picks you have except i did pick trigg. i picked trigg by ko in rnd 2. what are the chances of that?

explain the odds to me
TroubleMan
2/21/07 10:09:24PM

There's really not a lot of odds when it comes to where we're both picking a fighter and a round. Misaki is a small to moderate favorite in the fight, but that's if you pick him just to win vs Trigg just to win. Really on the outcome bets, you sort of make it up as you go along. There are a few exceptions to this. For instance in the Crocop vs Sanchez fight, it would have been extremely unfair to have taken Crocop in Rd1 vs any other outcome, and I would never take that bet without huge odds.

If you want to take Trigg in rd2 vs Misaki by decision, I'll would take that only a straight up odds or very close to straight up. Just to start you out, I'll give you 9:10 on that, which means that for every $9 you wager, I'll bet $10. Let me know how much you'd want to wager, and I'll send you one.
JunCTion
2/22/07 1:04:03AM

Posted by TroubleMan

There's really not a lot of odds when it comes to where we're both picking a fighter and a round. Misaki is a small to moderate favorite in the fight, but that's if you pick him just to win vs Trigg just to win. Really on the outcome bets, you sort of make it up as you go along. There are a few exceptions to this. For instance in the Crocop vs Sanchez fight, it would have been extremely unfair to have taken Crocop in Rd1 vs any other outcome, and I would never take that bet without huge odds.

If you want to take Trigg in rd2 vs Misaki by decision, I'll would take that only a straight up odds or very close to straight up. Just to start you out, I'll give you 9:10 on that, which means that for every $9 you wager, I'll bet $10. Let me know how much you'd want to wager, and I'll send you one.

lets do what you suggested earlier. $50

straight up odds would be for a fight that could go either way
so if most of us know that fighter "A" would destroy fighter "B" then my bet on fighter "B" would be riskier ond the odds would be higher and if fighter "B" won i would potentially win more money depending on the bet
LoSt
2/23/07 9:31:16PM
actually its very even but trigg is the favorite on this site.