BET's 'Iron Ring' Debuts on March 18th

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BET's 'Iron Ring' Debuts on March 18th
juanez13
3/7/08 2:30:37PM
The trailer for BET's new reality show starring celebrity-owned fight teams (Ludacris, Nelly, Floyd Mayweather, T.I., Lil Jon and Dipset) competing in an urban-style UFC/mixed martial arts fight tournament:

LINK (if the video doesnt show up in bloody elbow, just go to their main page and it should appear, for some reason when i entry the link the video doesnt show.)

*shakes head*
WOW... And this is what i call garbage.
gsquat
3/7/08 2:33:10PM
Cladrix
3/7/08 2:51:22PM

Just Pure Crap
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/7/08 2:52:13PM
this could be the next TUF
McBee
3/7/08 3:09:36PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

what the hell does "urban style" mean? Is Crazy Horse one of the coaches? The video does not necessarily explain anything particular it is not necessarily crap, it might be a great way to add a whole bunch of new fans.
gsquat
3/7/08 3:44:36PM

Posted by McBee

what the hell does "urban style" mean? Is Crazy Horse one of the coaches? The video does not necessarily explain anything particular it is not necessarily crap, it might be a great way to add a whole bunch of new fans.

jiujitsufreak74
3/7/08 3:49:56PM

Posted by McBee

i don't want those kinds of fans...with "street brawlers" put in the same company as MMA will only set us back a couple of years. we have made such progress and to see MMA be coupled with that trash makes me sick tbh
grappler0000
3/7/08 3:52:51PM
Hot Dog! And just 4 days after Never Back Down debuts...this must be what everyone means by the best year in MMA
McBee
3/7/08 4:53:05PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by McBee

i don't want those kinds of fans...with "street brawlers" put in the same company as MMA will only set us back a couple of years. we have made such progress and to see MMA be coupled with that trash makes me sick tbh

I understand but but the brawlers will get submitted multiple times and end up falling off or calming down and learning wrestling or martial arts. Just because it starts bad does not mean it will not end up as a great help, there are a lot of links between hip hop culture and bruce lee and kung ku, I think they will adopt Martial arts fast
backalley101
3/7/08 5:17:51PM
We need to call this what it is. Street fighting in a cage. We got a bunch of spoiled rich people doing this. They find the fighters to fight, but they won't get in the cage, but you u got Mayweather. He talks all this shit about MMA, but he won't step up like a man and fight Sherk. 'Cause we all know Sherk would beat him like a rented mule. Peace!
DaMaGeInC
3/7/08 9:49:50PM
This is my first ever reply or post or whatever your gonna call it, This show is gonna be the worst thing ever to reach television, a bunch of rappers that say they have put together a fight team and are all around the ring acting like a bunch of ******* idiots. This is bad for the sport of mma it makes it look like a dog fight. this is a professional sport were athletes compete not a bunch of thugs from the street these are the same assholes that drink and then get into fights nothing different. BET cashed in on this the wrong way it could have been done more professionally, this may have horrible long lasting affects that may scar mma. This is just a dog fight with humans and what there doing should be made illegal
Pookie
3/7/08 10:25:55PM
I see its a flv file.

No idea what that is, and i cant watch the clip on windows media player.
ANy help would be appreciated, although i probably just dont have the right program downloaded for it
grappler0000
3/8/08 9:52:17AM

Posted by Pookie

I see its a flv file.

No idea what that is, and i cant watch the clip on windows media player.
ANy help would be appreciated, although i probably just dont have the right program downloaded for it

An FLV is a Flash video...the same filetype that Youtube and other video sites use. Problem is that most people don't have a compatible video player on their computer. I uploaded to YouTube if want to check it out, but you weren't missing much.

Video Link

ohiostate1016
3/8/08 9:46:50PM
This is a joke, right? PLEASE tell me this is a joke...
newmanzk
3/9/08 11:35:13PM
I agree with DaMaGeInC

Woot
Vietnamese_Guy
3/10/08 10:59:22AM
LiL John by YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
scoozna
3/25/08 1:50:16PM
I watched two episodes back to back the other day. I wasn't sure what to think of it, although the format did not seem promising. They're picking teams and it seemed quite disorganized. I'm not ready to can it yet, but I'm not going out of my way to see the next episode either.

I thought I saw Wes Sims on there. Same Wes Sims?
wolfman
3/25/08 10:20:48PM

Posted by scoozna

I watched two episodes back to back the other day. I wasn't sure what to think of it, although the format did not seem promising. They're picking teams and it seemed quite disorganized. I'm not ready to can it yet, but I'm not going out of my way to see the next episode either.

I thought I saw Wes Sims on there. Same Wes Sims?

Yep, same Wes Sims. He is clearly desperate...
Pookie
3/25/08 10:24:39PM
wow wes sims was submitted by antoni hardonk.... wow
coldchillin
3/25/08 11:31:27PM
well, the third episode was a little better than the first two episodes. They introduced us to the some fighters and we got to see some fights.

I had a feeling Alexis Aquino was going to win that easily with some ground game... he was complaining in a way last week that just said to me "you guys picked the good stand-up guys with zero ground skills".

Krazy Horse had the whole T.I. crew shook when he told them he could beat all of their asses. Young Dro didn't want it with the guy and when T.I. said "no you can't" you could see it in his eyes he meant it in a way like you're fired and off the show if you touch me. T.I. tried to downplay that situation very quick-like before Krazy Horse had Young Dro stomped out on. Krazy has been jumped by the Chute Boxe crew after knocking out Wanderlai in Pride backstage... you think the guy was going to continue to let them act of place. NOPE.

I'm just watching this for Krazy Horse and to get my MMA fix on Tuesday night but you can tell a lot of the trainers have no idea what MMA truly entails.

Isn't Frank Trigg supposed to be one of the color commentators for the show when they start showing the actual fights?

The irony in them having Brian Gassaway last week teaching jiu-jitsu.

Supposedly things get a little heated between Mayweather and Shonie Carter next week.

scoozna
3/26/08 11:26:29PM
The show makes me feel so white...LOL.
TNunley
3/27/08 1:19:01PM
I'm just curious why you guys are even supporting this? For every person that watches, that's another +1 rating which will only lead to this B/S escalating. This is a step in the wrong direction, please do not support it. As for your Tuesday night fix, maybe you could DVR some MMA and watch it on Tuesdays.
coldchillin
3/27/08 5:05:04PM

Posted by TNunley

I'm just curious why you guys are even supporting this? For every person that watches, that's another +1 rating which will only lead to this B/S escalating. This is a step in the wrong direction, please do not support it. As for your Tuesday night fix, maybe you could DVR some MMA and watch it on Tuesdays.

It has been better than anything that has been on to me at that time slot right now anyways... this is no worse than the Tapout show. I've actually liked it better than the Tapout show so far. I personally enjoyed watching Krazy Horse having Young Dro shook and watching Alexis Aquino make them trainers eat their words last week. The f**k outta here with all that righteous bullshit... it is what it is... a cheap reality show where rappers own a team full of MMA fighters who fight. I enjoy watching all MMA, from the elite fighters to the amateur fighters. Most of the trainers here excluding Krazy Horse and Shonie Carter seem to be a complete joke though.
hippysmacker
3/27/08 10:01:48PM
This is what people who don't really know the sport fear it is IMO.