Best 25 year old and under fighters in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best 25 year old and under fighters in MMA
POLL: BEST 25 Y/O and under fighters in MMA
Gegard Mousasi 37% (14)
Junior Dos Santos 8% (3)
Stefan Struve 0% (0)
Jon Jones 16% (6)
Tyson Griffin 0% (0)
Jose Aldo 39% (15)
codyq
2/11/10 2:36:57AM
This MEANS, who has the brightest future pretty much.

IM goin with Gegard

24 years old
Record 28-2
Strikeforce LHW champ & Dream MW GP Winner
One of the best all around fighters in the game.

Putting his belt up against KING MO - A highly touted fighter in the 205 lb Div

Trains with Fedor

Bright Future for this guy.

He reminds me of a 205/185 lb Fedor
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4 Photo Attachment 5
karn501
2/11/10 2:44:15AM
gotta take aldo mousasi is a close second could be first if he stays away from hendo
ncordless
2/11/10 3:14:10AM
1. Aldo- One of a kind skillset, already the top fighter in his division.
2. Mousasi- Great all around game, has wins over top fighters in two divisions.
3. Dos Santos- Great HW prospect who is quickly moving into title contention.
4. Jon Jones- could easily move up this list with a couple good fights. Second most physical potential after Aldo.
5. Tyson Griffin- hard to believe he still only 25. He is great, but I don't see the same upside as the people ranked above him.
6. Stevan Struve - His height alone offers a lot of potential, but I can think of several fighters who should be on this list instead of him.
codyq
2/11/10 3:20:20AM

gotta take aldo mousasi is a close second could be first if he stays away from hendo

Nah I have him taking hendo out. Hendo does not have the boxing to match with Gegard AND Gegard can Grapple and submit fighters on the ground. You saw how Silva Sub'd Hendo like it was 1999, LIKE NOTHIN. Silva should have got man handled in this fight on the ground, but he didn't. Gegard has a ground game like fedors. I know shields is a HUGE underdog, but lets see if he can get past the WW first before talking about him and gegard. LETS EVEN see if Gegard can beat King MO first too.

If Hendo beats Shields he will be taking on the winner of Gegard/King MO. If Hendo Loses I could see him STILL taking on the LOSER of King MO and Gegard.

If Shields wins he will be taking on the winner of Jacare/Lawler.

If Hendo beats Shields AND the WINNER of King MO/Gegard I see him challenging fedor for the belt as soon as possible.

I see Hendo getting past Shields but not past MO or Gegard.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
seanfu
2/11/10 3:35:55AM
I think You forgot Nate Diaz, I mean, the guy won his first fight in the UFC at 21 and is competing with guys MUCH older with a lot more time to season.

I think he's 23-24, in that case by 28 he could definitely be world class.
codyq
2/11/10 3:38:06AM

Stevan Struve - His height alone offers a lot of potential, but I can think of several fighters who should be on this list instead of him.

Really....WHO?

There are a bunch of good 26 & 27 Y/O's lol

Diaz
Aoki
Alvarez
How old is Billy Evangelista?
Thiago Silva
Ryan Bader
Shinya Aoki
Tyron Woodley
KJ Noons
Gilbert Melendez
Cain Velasquez
Thiago Alves
Jim Miller
sparky
2/11/10 10:06:44AM
My pick from that list is Aldo although every fighter mention has a bright future in the sport!
jiujitsufreak74
2/11/10 11:57:01AM

Posted by codyq

Stevan Struve - His height alone offers a lot of potential, but I can think of several fighters who should be on this list instead of him.

Really....WHO?

Todd Duffee
Rory Macdonald
Jake Ellenberger
Carlos Condit
Nate Diaz
Phil Davis
Joe Lauzon
Dustin Hazelett
John Hathaway (pretty sure he is under 25)
Efrain Escudero

imo all of those guys could have potentially made the list over Struve, although i think Aldo is the best 25 and under fighter.
emfleek
2/11/10 12:09:33PM
Best? Aldo.

Favorite? Dos Santos.

codyq
2/11/10 2:18:07PM
For struve to be 21 years of age, 3-1 in the UFC, only loss was to JDS, thats pretty good in my book. He also is the youngest one in the big boys division too that as of lately started to stack up with talent.
RhythmAndStyle
2/11/10 2:23:48PM
hands down gegard mousasi..no explanation needed...